[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Tidal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Tidal-578-80.jpg (6 KB, 578x325) Image search: [Google]
Tidal-578-80.jpg
6 KB, 578x325
Thoughts on Tidal?
>>
>paying money for music
>>
It's fine

Fairly cheap, nice selection of well known and obscure tunes, got my girlfriend Beyonce tickets in advance

Can't complain
>>
"why," the service.
>>
Do they have discounts for students or are they full jew?
>>
if you've even considered using it you shouldn't be on a music board. back to facebook/twitter
>>
>>63211576
Student discounts
>>
File: 1295422187424.jpg (45 KB, 267x412) Image search: [Google]
1295422187424.jpg
45 KB, 267x412
>>63211576
>are they full Jew
>asking for a discount
>>
Bit expensive
>>
shameless moneygrab by wealthy musicians as evidenced by kanye and

>>63211556
>got my girlfriend Beyonce tickets in advance

this guy.
>>
>>63211608
lol
>>
Don't like music streaming services.
Tidal's shtick of selling high quality music seems misguided as half the people who listen to beyonce, kanye etc aren't too bothered about audio quality.
>>
selling music isn't a moneygrab, or is it now
it's just that it's a separate service and the catalog is inferior, basic shit
people use spotify for convenience
>>
>>63211587
That's a dumb thing to say. I maxed out an external hard drive with my music and I don't feel like converting FLAC to iTunes-functional quality and putting it in my phone, so hi-fi streaming is handy. You sound like a poorfag
>>
>>63211624
that music is literally produced to sound good compressed
>>
>>63211615
$9.99 a month too much for you mort?
>>
>>63211644
why the fuck would you want hi-fi quality for kanye west and jay z
>>
>>63211556

fairly cheap doesn't even make sense. Every other streaming service is half the price
>>
>>63211634
>selling music isn't a moneygrab, or is it now

when you only sell your music through a subscription service that costs $120/yr or $240/yr, it's quite clearly a moneygrab.
>>
Shit overpriced service made and supported by artists who are literally making millions and bitching about piracy like some how it's going to take down their careers.

Fuck them.
>>
>>63211530
I initially bought a subscription for my wife's son but have actually found myself using it. It's pr etty good if you care about audio quality. Like spotify for non plebs.
>>
better than spotify
>>
>>63211754
Please leave. We sincerely do not enjoy your company. Your girlfriend is a hag and you're not funny. Leave this forum.
>>
There's just no market for it. Few people have the data plan or proper equipment to actually enjoy hi fi streaming.
>>
>>63211787
How? Curious
>>
>>63211694
For when I kick back in my easychair, sip some cognac and listen to TLOP on my mackie hi fi
>>
>>63211792
You really are going all out. What are your thoughts on Tidal?
>>
File: My Feet Hurt.png (992 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
My Feet Hurt.png
992 KB, 1280x719
>>
>>63211670
no. i generally spend $100-$150 a month between albums and concert tickets. kanye, bey, and the other artists on their roster aren't worth $10/month to me.
>>
>>63211694
>i don't know what the fuck im talking about
>>
>>63211761
>my wife's son

Cuck!
>>
>>63211694
Because I can listen to jodorowsky's dune soundtrack in FLAC

Tidal has a varied selection and I enjoy rap in lossless as well, I like to hear everything that goes into the music for good or bad
>>
>>63211761
Wife's son
I see you memeing it up buddy
Don't worry
>>
>>63211708
Only if u want the hi fi quality with no student discount
>>
>>63211893
There's no student discount? Fuck that.
>>
>>63211836
>>63211843
>i'm a pleb who needs to go back to facebook
sure is shilluminati in here lmao
>>
>>63211530
got a gratis 2-year subscription with my phone plan. it's bretty good, no complaints so far

>>63211587
get back to watching your ratio
>>
I thinks it sucks and is irrelevant. Celebrity drivel
I thunk the same about beats by dre.
>>
>Got a free 6 month sub to Google Play Music
>become so dependent on it, I pay the £10 per month for it

Fuck me
>>
>>63211965
your music library is not yours. get rekt.
>>
Do they have student discounts?
>>
>>63212042
I don't care, I'm not a hoarder
>>
>>63211552
>not valuing art
>>
>>63212417
pffft no
>>
>>63212707
i value it. that's why i don't rent it.
>>
>>63212417
Yes, they do. It halves the price.

My question is how is the catalog of music? Spotify was missing a lot of tapes and albums I listen to (1999, Live.Love.A$AP) etc
>>
Not even a fucking Kanye album could help this thing. Hilarious failure.
>>
>>63212850
tlop did help it i think
>>
>>63212917
Nah senpai, that album got pirated to hell and back. And plenty of people who won't pirate for whatever reason still haven't heard it cause they refuse to use Tidal.
>>
>streaming music
>paying to stream music
>paying for FLAC when you listen to music on sub-$200 Sennheisers and think this makes you an audiophile

Intensely retarded.
>>
>>63211530
don't they have a free trial?
i did the 3 month spotify thing and it was very decent, especially on mobile.
i was gonna do apple music's trial but it turns out it's not available where i live due to some copyright issues...

streaming kinda sucks because it's pretty much the same thing as pirating except for the guys cashing in on their viral app

i guess the best part is even the most normiest of normies can use it and it makes sharing music easier
>>
Do a free trial
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.