[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How loud do you usually listen to your music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1457470065133.jpg (46 KB, 530x400) Image search: [Google]
1457470065133.jpg
46 KB, 530x400
I usually keep my volume a little beyond the half-way point. I almost never go past the warning area, but when I do I usually only keep it there for ~10 minutes, then I stop listening completely for a few hours.
How loud is too loud?
>>
30% over the orange warning zone
>>
What the fuck are yall talking about.
>>
what's a warning zone
>>
faggots
100% or gtfo
>>
a little bit under the orange zone when im not on the bus, at a station, or near traffic.

usually cranked close to the max otherwise, just so i can hear the music

>>63208005
>>63208010
android volume warning
>>
>>63208015
>wanting to be Kevin Shields this bad
Have fun falling asleep to a white noise machine because you have to drown out the sound of your own tinnitus.
>>
> not wrecking your hearing in order to feel dat bass

Tinnitus is totally worth it m8
>>
>>63208005
>>63208010
When listening to music via a source other than the built-in speaker, Android gives you a warning if you hit a certain volume level. The volume bar is mostly grey, but there's an orange area which signifies dangerous levels. Once you surpass that level, a warning will pop up telling you your music is a bit too loud. It only appears once until you reboot the device.

It's actually pretty useful.
>>
in music settings on ios, i use sound check (analyzes songs so they all play at the same volume) and volume limit (have it set at about 75-80% of max). generally play my music at about 60-80% of that.

using earphones on my computer, i don't go above halfway. honestly just "feels" too loud if i go past that.
>>
>>63208185
I wish Android had something like sound check. Does it hinder quality in any way?
>>
>needing a computer to tell you when it's too loud
Are you people fuckin serious?
>>
>>63208200
not really. you only really need it if you shuffle or have playlists with songs from all over, cos it's annoying when one song is like 30% louder or softer than the one before it and you're always adjusting the volume.
>>
>>63208247
>not accepting computers as sentient beings with feelings and thoughts
anon your phone is just concerned for you that's all
>>
>>63207966
Alone: Extremely Loud
Other people around: Medium
>>
How old are people in this thread? When I was a teenager I used to listen to music full blast through headphones for hours at a time, I stopped only a couple of years ago, I only have a very mild tinnitus that is only noticeable in a dead silent room or if I'm wearing good quality ear plugs. Live a little. I've also been to an ENT and an audiologist and been told my hearing is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>63207966
100% with My Bloody Valentine
~40% with everything else.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.