[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post the smartest rapper know of. Please note that I am posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
Post the smartest rapper know of.

Please note that I am posting Hopsin purely for triggering purposes and am not attempting to start a discussion about him.
>>
DID
>>
>>63207831
THE
>>
>>63207845
MAN
>>
KANGZ
>>
>>63207861
WHO
>>
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY
>>
>>63207874
INVENTED
>>
GO
>>
>>63207892
COLLEGE
>>
>>63207892
COLLEGE
>>
INVENTED
>>
I know we aren't discussing him, but goddamn does it trigger me even thinking about how unaware he is of the world around him. And he's in his THIRTIES.
>>
FOLIAGE
>>
HMMMMM
>>
THIRTIES

>>63207924
he's pretty aware tho
>>
>>63207924
I mean, fucking ICP have a broader and more developed worldview than this shitstain.
>>
conscious rap is fedoracore
>>
OKAY
>>
File: gza.jpg (43 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
gza.jpg
43 KB, 400x300
>>
DEN
>>
>>63207942
No, he's not. He's like the atheist kid in 10th grade who won't stop telling other people who to vote for.
>>
>>63207811

Ugly Mane
Big Boi & 3 stacks both
MC Ride
El-P
2Pac
>>
>>63208017
forgot to mention RZA and Guru
>>
>>63208017
>ugly mane
good very good
>big boi
he's a libertarian
>mc ride
he doesn't really give sufficient information to talk about how smart he is
>el p
too edgy, likes comic books
>2 pac
no
>>
File: download-1.jpg (9 KB, 134x147) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
9 KB, 134x147
>>63207811
Ghostface Killah
>>
File: Dragon.jpg (257 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.jpg
257 KB, 499x750
Can someone tell me why Hopsin is a meme now? I only remember his first couple break out songs haven't listened to him since, also apperently his latest albums haven't been that good as well?

Anyone want to provide some background.
>>
>>63208082
He became a meme after people started analyzing his "lyrics" closer and figuring out how bad he is.
I always knew he was corny and everything upon first listen to Raw though, as you probably have too. Besides a few select tracks on Raw or Gazing At The Moonlight he's pretty awful. Corny shitty just plain bad lyrics, calling out better rappers, the fact that he is in his 30s and rapping like a 17 year old, comparing himself to Eminem, starting feuds with former label mates when they realize how bad he sucks and want to leave, just everything about him screams fucking shit.

Does that answer your question?
>>
>>63208054
Mc ride is smart as fuck
>When I see you through the ringer my ringer catch deuce deuce
I repeat like pi my ringer catch deuce deuce divided seven times
Do the math on that shit real quick and it gives a cool answer
>>
>>63207811
Oh shit, that nigger is fucking ugly
>>
>>63208054
>Big Boi is a libertarian

Sauce? Didn't know that

>MC Ride

I'm basing that on his lyrics which are incredibly profound and socially conscious

>El-P
Liking comic books and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive.

>2pac
Fair enough. To each his own
>>
>>63208240
>Liking comic books and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive.
comic book fans might be good at math or do well in school but are absolutely retarded at abstract thinking or thinking philosophically or creatively or anything of that nature. type of people who think ghost in the shell or the watchmen is deep
>>
Only an incredibly smart, cultured person or some kinda idiot savant could make lyrics like MC Ride, so i think he's a very smart fellow

RZA amd GZA are both brilliant as well
>>
GZA, Guru, MF DOOM, Aesop Rock, Lauryn Hill,
>>
>>63208323
Don't you see the irony in what you just said? If you were any good at abstract thinking yourself, you'd know that people can't be reduced to stereotypes based on their hobbies.
>>
>>63207973
So basically Reddit
>>
>>63208082
>>63208142

this and because a handful of select faggots insist on making threads about him every single day, despite the fact that everyone agrees he's shit
>>
>>63208548
There hasn't been much Hopsin at all until recently.

And the only reason people have been posting about him in the past couple days has been because he released a new song.

And the majority of the people in the threads for his new song have said that he's a good artist. I don't know what they're listening to but there were a lot of people praising him.

I don't really know what you're talking about though, the only time Hopsin was regularly posted on /mu/ was during the DID thing.
>>
>>63207811
Lupe fiasco
>>
>>63208602

You're right, it has only been recently; I didn't know he released a new song. I just saw that consistently there were 2+ hopsin threads in the catalogue every day.

As for people praising him, that may be true, but I personally have never seen /mu/ say anything good about Hopsin unless they were obviously baiting
>>
Aceyalone
>>
>>63207945
Depends who the conscious rapper is
>>
>>63207899
>>63207902
SMOKE
>>
>>63209164
WEED
>>
File: Logic.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Logic.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
Now the good book said we all the same, and we kill each other but it's all in vain

Prolly not the best example but I think his latest album was socially conscious n shit
>>
>>63208209
give me the answer
>>
>>63208323
>projection
>>
>>63209321
EVERY
>>
DID
>>
These two along with Flatbush Zombies
>>
Andre 3000
>>
>>63209458
mah nigga
>>
File: aesop_rock_cat[1].jpg (250 KB, 600x410) Image search: [Google]
aesop_rock_cat[1].jpg
250 KB, 600x410
>>
>>63209629
TUESDAY
>>
>>63210852
>uses a thesaurus to write his raps

Yeah, no.
>>
>>63207811
I SWEAR TO GOD HOPSIN KEEPS FUCKING POSTING HIMSELF ON THIS BOARD THIS IS LIKE THE 5TH DAY IN A ROW DUDE
>>
>>63210852
Only started listening to him the other day.

Really like his stuff
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.