[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Marilyn Manson?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Marilyn-Manson.jpg (452 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Marilyn-Manson.jpg
452 KB, 1500x1000
Thoughts on Marilyn Manson?
>>
>>63207659
Old stuff good I like
>>
Antichrist Superstar = Mechanical Animals > Holy Wood > Portrait of an American Family > The Pale Emperor > the rest
>>
>>63207731
The Golden Age Of Grotesque was good.
>>
Genital warts.
>>
Alice Cooper the 2nd.

You laugh, until I tell you Eminem is Alice the third.
>>
Antichrist Superstar is a literal 9/10, Angel with scabbed wings is god tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeTilMkRWLM
>>
As soon as Trent Reznor left him, Manson was nothing. Dude had no musical talent, he was another 'personality' like the dudes in KISS.
>>
>>63207757
no
>>
>>63207659
she looks kind of edgey and lesbian
>>
Love everything until Holy Wood
>>
File: trent-reznor-too-much-muscle.jpg (131 KB, 430x425) Image search: [Google]
trent-reznor-too-much-muscle.jpg
131 KB, 430x425
>>
There's a mix of his acoustic songs up on youtube. Them shits my shit. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09524A49FEB62681
>>
>>63207836
Pretty much this. He's just a walking gimmick. He was designed to sell shirts at Hot Topic.
>>
>>63207919
This is fucking terrifying, he could crush my head like a watermelon,
>>
>>63207659
actually too edgy for me
>>
>>63207659
The Triptych was nice. Everything else, before and after, is pretentious crap.
He's got great control over his image though, which is actually really hard to achieve.
>>
>>63207659
Antichrist Superstar is pretty much his only enjoyable album. It's the only one I actively like.

Before 2005, Manson was able to put on an absolutely astonishing live show. Then he got old and fat and tired. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPQD7KxutcM
>>
Widow Twanky
>>
very errie meme , most haunted and not right. still listenable and in a peculair way.
>>
>>63209317
>>/9/gag
>>
>>63208292
He could fuck you like an animal
>>
>>63207659
Fell off after Holywood.

I think it had to do with the music landscape changing. He lost band members. He had things going on outside of his music.

One thing I appreciate that I think most people look past is that each album up to Golden Age represented a tone of a specific decade
>>
>>63207659
try-hard edgster. He posts shit on his twitter like "I hate christmas." who the fuck hates christmas, especially nowadays where there are practically no religious imagery generally associated with it anymore? It's pretty sad quite frankly that someone has to be so contrarian to maintain an image
>>
>>63210383
t. santa claus
>>
>>63210383
Even mallgoths love Christmas.
>>
>>63210383
>>63210836
>>63211031
i hate christmas too but not because of religion but just the aesthetic of it. The colors, lights and the consumerism just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>63211181
I actually like the atmosphere of it with the colors and such. Feels really warm. The consumerism is retarded though.
>>
E D G Y
D
G
Y
>>
>>63210383
I worked retail for a while. I fucking hate Christmas
>>
The greatest thing to happen to the music industry in the last 30 years.
>>
An unsuccessful protege of Trent Reznor.

A hack from the late 90s.
>>
A no talent hack who made a career out of ripping off Rozz Williams.
>>
How do you rank his post TGAoG records?
For me it goes:
Eat Me Drink Me > THEOL = Born Villain > TPE
>>
>>63211561
I hate xmas too and I never even worked retail.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.