[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: DepecheMode.jpg (509 KB, 1223x800) Image search: [Google]
DepecheMode.jpg
509 KB, 1223x800
What does /mu/ think of them?
>>
Excellent band in the 80s and 90s. New stuff is kinda shit but a few good songs here and there.
>>
>>63199327
I like Depeche Mode. Please don't turn them into another Ladytron by meme'ing the shit out of them. This is like the 4th thread today.
>>
>>63199345
I feel that their sound has always been very layered with a lot of sophistication and with innovation, very grand/anthem sounding and with substance.

Their albums carry multiple hits.

Unfortunately their latest albums have been too minimalist and sounding of less effort. Depeche Mode is supposed to have a powerful sound.
>>
>>63199377
They rarely get talked about here, I welcome it.

Very very creative and great sounding band.
>>
Pretty good. I think my desire to listen to them really fluctuates though.
>>
As it's turned out, they've ultimately turned out to be the most important and influential for people ito goth and/or industrial/EBM styles. A lot of post-EMB styles like Futurepop are basically modeled on Depeche Mode, melodically and vocally especially
>>
>>63199586
*post-EBM
>>
>>63199327
They've made some god tier synthpop and electronic albums

Everything after Wilder's departure is a mostly a miss
>>
File: dg.jpg (59 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
59 KB, 540x800
is there a more /fa/ band?
>>
File: dave.jpg (33 KB, 913x656) Image search: [Google]
dave.jpg
33 KB, 913x656
>>63199657
No. Dave Gahan is love, Dave Gahan is life.
>>
>>63199327
So David Gahan is obviously on the left. Who the fuck is Martin Gore and Andrew Fletcher?
>>
>>63200932
martin gore is the guy in the le fedora
fletcher is the guy to the right of him
alan wilder is the guy on the far right
>>
>>63200946
thanks man.
>>
Black Celebration > Violator > Music for the Masses > Songs of Faith and Devotion
>>
martin's last album is pretty fucking amazing actually

but i still want alan back in the band, they were so good together
>>
File: Ladytron-and-Depeche-Mode-1.jpg (9 KB, 385x185) Image search: [Google]
Ladytron-and-Depeche-Mode-1.jpg
9 KB, 385x185
>>63199377
More people should know about Ladytron though.
>>
>>63203079
nah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXSHrhJekU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_0sL_SQYvw
>>
File: 1450156916885.png (343 KB, 572x564) Image search: [Google]
1450156916885.png
343 KB, 572x564
>>63202554
This,
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.