[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Bad Religion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
What does /mu/ think of Bad Religion?
>>
>>63197862
I love em. Yeah, all their albums sound the same, but it's a sound I like so I'll keep buying
>>
>>63197862
all their songs sound the same

and their lyrics are so try hard political science 101
>>
>>63197895
>>63197953
It's like poetry
>>
File: tumblr_molzswc0V81rf120po1_500.gif (498 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_molzswc0V81rf120po1_500.gif
498 KB, 500x318
>>
>>63197953
>their lyrics are so try hard political science 101

Doesn't that sum up pretty much every political punk band though?
>>
Into The Unknown is GOAT!
>>
>>63197997
yes
>>
Ive only heard their first 2 albums so far and they are great, gonna see them live at lolla inb4 get out normie reeeee
>>
Generator's my favorite by them, which is weird because I've never seen another person talk about that album let alone say it's their favorite
>>
>>63198013
ha
>>
>>63198120
It's one of the four everyone likes (Suffer, No Control, Against the Grain being the other 3) but it's the worst of the four if you ask me
>>
Great lyrics, okay music.
>>
>>63198391
I like it because it's the most unique sounding of the 4. It also has some of the most killer riffs in their discgog.

I actually like How Could Hell Be Any Worse, The Empire Strikes First and New Maps of Hell more than those 3 if I'm being perfectly honest
>>
>>63198120
>generator not being the best and most popular song they have

srly though?
>>
they have a strong melodic / harmonic sensibility but they often get too carried away with the verbose lyricism. for punks with an admirable lexicon they can implement into their music without detracting from it, see nomeansno.
>>
The only punk band that tucks in their shirts
>>
>>63198514
The Empire Strikes First is my favorite BR record
>>
>>63198552
Another thing I've noticed about them is they generally seem a lot more professional and mature than other respected punk bands.

I know that punk is a genre where professionalism is usually discouraged, but it somehow really works in their favor
>>
>>63198583
My second favorite, but yeah it's really really good, especially after the slew of underwhelming shit that came before it
>>
They're pretty much the only thing keeping punk alive at this point. Once they break up punk is dead
>>
>>63198631
true. a return to form is super satisfying
>>
File: hold up friendo.png (142 KB, 305x403) Image search: [Google]
hold up friendo.png
142 KB, 305x403
>>63198658
objectively fucking wrong
>>
>>63198682
Your right.

Punks already dead
>>
>>63198740
this is a truer answer than the other one
>>
>>63198661
I'm listening to The Dissent of Man for the first time right now, fuck this is actually really great to.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.