[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this their best/most interesting album? if so im gunna have to pass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: folder.gif (1 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
folder.gif
1 KB, 150x150
is this their best/most interesting album? if so im gunna have to pass
>>
>>63194133
no
>>
New Plastic Ideas and Repetition are better.
>>
>Fake Train
Confusion Is Sex
>New Plastic Ideas
Bad Moon Rising
>The Future of What
EVOL
>Repetition
Sister
>Leaves Turn Inside You
Daydream Nation
>>
>>63194133
Best? Not in my estimation. I can't establish an emotional connection to these songs like I can on other albums.

Most interesting? Maybe. Depends what interests you. They played around with textures on this record a lot more than on the others. On prior records there's more melodic and rythmic interplay among the instruments which I find appealing.
>>
>>63194309
this is pretty accurate. daydream nation and leaves are similar in a lot of different ways
>>
>>63194309
Surprisingly close, and you could compare their self-titled albums as well.
Sister / Repetition are their best albums.
>>
>>63194370
>I can't establish an emotional connection to these songs
i think that's the point. they're supposed to be bleak and emotionless to match the nihilistic theme of the album. whenever i listen to leaves turn inside you it makes me completely numb and i think that's why i like it
>>
>>63195532
The thing is that they're all great albums (at least the ones I compared to SY's are, the other Unwound albums are solid but don't fit in as well in terms of progression).

Any one of them is perfectly fine as a favorite considering that there are people that favor each of those SY albums as well.
>>
File: D8CLy.jpg (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
D8CLy.jpg
10 KB, 500x500
i strongly recommend that everyone itt listens to this album if they haven't already. these guys are a stellar post-hardcore group from the late 90's who totally remind me of unwound and fugazi, but more evil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWAkxTDo6g
>>
>>63194309
stop comparing these two when Unwound were so much better
>>
>>63194309
>you say....
>I say....
>>
>>63195986
hoover
>>
>>63194133
I think it is their best but took me the longest to get into. It's really great when you consider it as the end of their evolution over their discogrophy and read about them building their own studio and the recording process and stuff
>>
>>63195986
listening to these guys rn and yeah, they're pretty fucking good, thanks anon
>>
>>63194133
it is their best imo but it's very different from the rest of their albums. a lot of their previous stuff is very energetic and/or noisy.

each album has a different style but in all of them except Leaves their sound can be described as Fugazi + Sonic Youth.
>>
WAIT
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.