[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All memes aside, is Bohemian Rhapsody the worst song ever recorded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
All memes aside, is Bohemian Rhapsody the worst song ever recorded? I cringe every time I hear a redditor doing the silly cardiacs vocals
>>
Your post made me cringe desu
>>
If you seriously think Bohemian Rhapsody comes even close to be the worst song ever recorded, you need to listen to more bad music, or listen to some actual bad music to begin with.
>>
>Queen is bad because of reddit

Neo-fedoras are offically taking over /mu/.
>>
>>63190899
>>63190992
Bohemian Rhapsody is far from the worst song ever recorded, but it definitely isnt the best song like plebbit claims.
What would y'all say is the single best song ever?
My vote would be GY!BE - Storm
>>
>>63191600
No way is it Storm. It's either:
Talk Talk - I Believe in You
The Beach Boys - Surf's Up
Arthur Russell - Soon-To-Be Innocent Fun / Let's See
>>
>>63191600
Sister Ray or Helpless Child
>>
>>63191600
Yeah, I agree it isn't the best song, probably not even close to that as well, even though it is a good song.

I don't know what I would consider to be the best song ever because that usually changes depending on my humor, but my current favorite song is Supper's Ready by Genesis.
>>
No, it's just the most overrated song ever recorded, along with Journey's Don't Stop Believing.
>>
Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
>>63191858
*tips fedora
>>
File: mu.png (77 KB, 1034x255) Image search: [Google]
mu.png
77 KB, 1034x255
>>63191896
/mu/ in a nutshell
>>
>>63191905
*spins trilby
>>
>>63191832
>Not even the most overrated Queen song of all time

We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions
Another One Bites The Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love

..are all more overrated by definition. Bohemian Rhapsody is a good song, just not by Queen standards. The 4 I listed above are worse, and just as popular or more popular.
>>
>>63190949
>>
>>63190899
>memes aside
>proceeds to compare it to reddit
OP is confirmed to be a fag.

It's an okay song but I personally don't like it. It's just hugely overrated.
>>
>>63190992
>you need to listen to more bad music
not him but wat
>>
>>63192078
Not him but if you want a reference for what's bad and what you just don't like, it's a good idea to listen to genuinely bad music

FOR EXAMPLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DYqxbE67Fk
>>
Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
>>63192129
>not him
ok
>>
>>63192193
I'm here, though.
>>
>>63191600
The Doors - The End
>>
>>63190899
I have fond memories of singing this song with my parents. It's far from the worst song ever written.

If you're looking for bad, try out https://youtu.be/oVlN_MzbNxk
>>
>>63191600
I do agree Storm may be the best song ever recorded.
>>
>>63190899
You want bad? Here you go,

https://youtu.be/ghb6eDopW8I
>>
>>63190899
>the silly cardiacs vocals
>queen
well memed my good sir
>>
>>63191600
>>63192313
not even the best song on the album

>>63191832
correct
>>
>>63191663
>Talk Talk - I Believe in You

my nigger
>>
>>63191600
>My vote would be GY!BE - Storm
my sides
>>
It's not even the best Queen song.

Prophet's Song, March of the Black Queen, In the Lap of the Gods, Liar and Great King Rat are better.
>>
>>63192508
Queen, Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack, A Night at the Opera, & A Day at the Races have about 3 lousy songs total.
>>
File: turtle.jpg (9 KB, 252x150) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
9 KB, 252x150
>>63191600
>but it definitely isnt the best song like plebbit claims.
>My vote would be GY!BE - Storm
>>
>>63192508
White Queen is the best Queen song
>>
>>63191896
>>63191905

so how new are you guys?
>>
>>63191858
saved
>>
>>63192508
>In the Lap of the Gods, Great King Rat
shit lyrics t bh
also
innuendo > the prophets song > was it all worth it? > the march of the black queen > white queen > flick of the wrist
>>
>>63190899
Bohemian Rhapsody is the only song by this shitty band that I can tolerate.
>>
IS THIS THE REAL LIFE
>>
>>63191600
It's either Echoes by Pink Floyd or Starless by King Crimson
>>
>>63191054
It's true and you know it
>>
>>63193691
IS THIS JUST FANTASY
>>
>>63193739
CAUGHT IN A LANDSLIDE
>>
>>63193776
NO ESCAPE FROM REALITY
>>
>>63191600
Bel-Air by Can! No doubt about it
>>
>>63193806
OPEN YOUR EYES
>>
>>63191600
Storm isn't even the best on the album. I still love it though.

I think it's dumb to debate what the best song ever made is. It's not like you've heard every song, what if there's one out there that's better?
>>
>>63193834
LOOK UP TO THE SKIES AND SEE
>>
File: 1400978886566.jpg (32 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1400978886566.jpg
32 KB, 615x456
>Storm isn't even the best on the album
>>
>>63193856
I'M JUST A POOR BOY
>>
>>63193861
Sleep is
>>
>>63193887
I NEED NO SYMPATHY
>>
>>63193911
BECAUSE I'M EASY COME
EASY GO
>>
File: 1425635654635.png (102 KB, 727x773) Image search: [Google]
1425635654635.png
102 KB, 727x773
>tfw White Queen is playing
>>
I can understand why one wouldn't like Bohemian Rhapsody. It's long, and over indulgent.

That being said, in many ways it's a rather clever song. It's like a 1976 version of A Quick One While He's Away by The Who.

It's popular, and over played all over the place, I'll grant you that, but if one is a serious musician, composer, and/or arranger, one can learn to appreciate the song.

No, it's not one of Queen's best songs. Not by a long shot. But it's one I can show respect for, in the same way I can show respect for Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin, and I HATE that song, and LZ in general.
>>
>>63193941
LITTLE HIGH
LITTLE LOW
>>
>>63193965
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS
>>
>>63191600
>any single song being objectively the best
wew
I'll put forward Animal Collective - Meet the Light Child for funzies though
>>
>>63193989
DOESN'T REALLY MATTER TO MEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Why did Freddie kill a man, tho?
>>
>>63194067
Because he's easy come, easy go
>>
>>63191600
Storm isn't even a top 3 GY!BE song
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.