[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I cop this? Just got $50 gift card to my local record
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 768x1024
Should I cop this?

Just got $50 gift card to my local record store and saw this bad boy on sale.
>>
>24.99
>on sale
>>
Wew lad
>>
if you even have to ask, you're not worthy of it
>>
>>63189054
Once in /mu/tant lifetime opportunity
>>
>>63189054
isn't this just a meme?

people don't really like it do they?
>>
when memes go too far
>>
>>63189054
Do it, and get a trip too.

You'll become a fucking /mu/ legend.
>>
are you a poorfag? what are you waiting for?
>>
>>63189088
It's actually pretty cool. 8/10
>>
>>63189088
Its a meme
>>
>>63189131
its a meme, but also a good album
>>
>>63189088
They don't. When in doubt what /mu/ actually thinks, check RYM. RYM is /mu/ playing nice.
>>
>>63189054
nice racist hat
>>
Who even would buy a jason aldean vinyl
>>
>>63189262
members of Team Aldean
>>
>>63189156
RYM also says painting with is shit
remember that /mu/tants only make up a small proportion of RYM users, they're far outnumbered by /r/indieheads, dadrockers and avant-trannies
>>
>>63189131
I never use "meme" to detract from an album, I've never done it with any /mu/core stuff. But with this one I legitimately have a feeling like it's one big ruse, people are just shitposting it to fool gullible people into thinking it's great.

I could be wrong though, I only listened to one song from it and I thought it was bad.
>>
>>63189410
It's a meme. It's literally bro-country
>>
>>63189054
If you like k-pop or Taylor Swift, chances are you're going to love it.

It's bland, boring, soulless, manufactured pop music.
>>
>>63189410
It's a shit album. It is a huge ruse. /mu/ is just desperate for a new meme that Aaron started this meme and /mu/ ate it up
>>
>>63189480
except this guy is a male so he somehow gets a rite of passage on /mu/, which is super hypocritical
>>
>>63189534
Jason Aldean transcends gender and genre, he is Everything
>>
>>63189410
Hey, I understand where you're coming from. A lot of intelligent young people don't really "get" country music right off the bat. Its aesthetic and artistic sensibilities are foreign to them - they've grown up in an environment vastly different from that of the artists, and in a cultural milieu that takes every opportunity to make lower-class white males the butt of a joke. Your average college student's idea of 'country music' consists of terrible contemporary stuff that gets played on the radio and perhaps 2 or 3 Johnny Cash songs. So when they are confronted with music like Aldean's, that repurposes the historical idioms of country music and Southern culture towards a daring avant-garde synthesis, they really don't know what to think, and they fall back on criticizing superficial aspects that they've been socialized to express disdain towards. ("He has an accent and he's singing about his tractor? What a dumb redneck!")

If you put away these silly ideas for a minute, and listen to Jason Aldean with an open mind, I guarantee that it will change your perspective on country music.
>>
>>63189534
Faggot

T swiffa is notorious for the love she gets

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself
>>
>>63189534
its a fucking ironic meme you dense tumblr fuck
>>
I prefer Kevin Gates honestly.
>>
>>63189395
you.re right, Painting With deserves worse than 3.05
>>
>>63189395
But painting with is shit you fucking drone
>>
>>63189088
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>63189660
>ITS IRONIC!! GUISE RLY!
yeah no, was the love for ITAOTS also ironic? or for that fishmans album?

this shit has been going on for about 8 months or more, there are retards who literally like that album
>>
>>63189156
>thinking RYM is a good website with reliable scores and good reviews

holy pleb
>>
Please stop forcing this shitty meme. It's not funny anymore.
>>
>>63189709
/mu/core isn't ironic, it's just albums being revered by fans.

This is literally an attempt at fooling gullible people into listening to trash thinking it is patrician. Some dumb fucks probably bought into it though, but this album is nothing like other /mu/core which are actually respected albums.
>>
>>63189709
lmao you are retarded
aaron started spamming the album, and now other anons have started posting it as well
also
>this shit has been going on for about 8 months or more
try 3

>>63189941
this
>>
he's a masterful lyricist. not even joking

If my truck could talk, I'd have to yank out all the wires
Pour on the gas, set it on fire, anything to shut it up
It's been good to me, but it knows too much, it's seen it all
I'd have to find a riverbank and roll it off
If my truck could talk

he would be GOAT country artist if his sound wasn't so nashville, produced for the radio etc

imagine Townes Van Zandt but instead of lyrics about drifting and nihilism you had Jason Aldean singing about the troubles of being a man in the country society, and the pain in his heart because of it
>>
>>63189941
>This is literally an attempt at fooling gullible people into listening to trash thinking it is patrician
Hahaha, what the fuck?

I kind of have a feeling that the person who originally forced this guy was doing (is still doing?) that just as a joke. I don't think he ever wanted his posts to be taken seriously, he just made a lot of tongue in cheek kind of posts and possibly wanted to be obnoxious as fuck. But to be taken seriously and to trick people into thinking Jason Aldean is patrician? I don't think so.
>>
File: 12346342.png (44 KB, 856x474) Image search: [Google]
12346342.png
44 KB, 856x474
>>63190222
>masterful lyricist
>>
>>63189054
Fuck your shitty meme faggot
This is less funny and more forced JerDk
>>
shit on it like katy perry
>>
>>63190422
you know anyone can edit wikipedia right?
i've got a friend whos uncle worked with Jason on his album. Jason wrote every song during a three-day period where he was sick from the flu. i don't know why anyone would try to say otherwise.

God bles you jason Aldean
>>
Do it, in 20 years people will pay $300 for this record. We are witnessing history with this album.
>>
>MFW MBDTF finally fucking clicked. I was sleeping on Ye for his entire career. Much like a lot of the world I thought he was a pretentious douche. After finally giving him a shot I didn't see what was so amazing about him. Sure the production was great but I just didn't get it. I liked a few tracks but I was still blinded by his doucheyness. But for some reason, tonight I sat down after work and threw on MBDTF. I did like Dark Fantasy the song when I first heard it but for some reason this time I loved it even more. Then each and every song after that blew my mind. I was listening to his lyrics and getting the story he was telling. My god what a technical achievement for music. Ye, I am now one of your humble servants. All praise Yeezus.
>>
File: 1457346085369.jpg (15 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1457346085369.jpg
15 KB, 220x220
>>63190422
Or maybe it is because he's too modest to consider himself "songwriter" and let others take credit for songs he wrote?
>>
>>63189395
painting with is shit
>>
FUCK THIS MEME

EVERY TIME I SEE THIS SMUG FAT FUCKS FACE I WANT TO PUNCH HIM THE FORCE OF EIGHTY THOUSAND SUNS

AND NOW I SEE HIM EVERY FUCKING TIME I COME ON THIS FUCKING WEBSITE

GOD
FUCK
HELL
>>
File: Jason-Aldean-Yearbook.jpg (65 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Jason-Aldean-Yearbook.jpg
65 KB, 630x420
>>63189054
yes
>>
>>63191921
he used to look like a gay eminem what happened
>>
>>63189074
In the UK vinyl is like £23ish. Feel lucky
>>
>>63191949
probably beer and a sedentary lifestyle
>>
aldean the dream
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.