[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for an ipod replacement. something that is a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: ipod.png (1 MB, 1908x1357) Image search: [Google]
ipod.png
1 MB, 1908x1357
I'm looking for an ipod replacement. something that is a dedicated music player and can hold a fuck ton of songs.
any personal suggestions
>inb4 JUST USE YOUR PHONE, PLEB
>>
File: 1456873851250.png (60 KB, 196x232) Image search: [Google]
1456873851250.png
60 KB, 196x232
Why are you being so obtuse about using your phone? Are you a pleb? Also why didn't you first do a Google search? Are you retarded?

Probably listen to rock music too...
>>
>>63186361
>not doing a google search

i wanted /mu/s personal opinions.
>>
File: cute anime pic 0575.jpg (45 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0575.jpg
45 KB, 720x720
>>63186382
/mu/ is full of consumers with limited technical knowledge or desire to critique consumer technology in meaningful ways. What you'll get is a recommendation for what they bought or what they were told to buy and a :).

Best to just read a review from Amazon if this is the extent of your research
>>
>>63186258
I honestly can't think of a better alternative to the iPod Classic 5th Gen. After that point MP3 Players became far less logical purchases for most people.
>>
>>63186487
Why the 5th gen specifically? Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>63186491
IIRC, largest amount of storage from official releases. Unsure if FLAC files lose quality when transferring through Media Monkey or a similar player. Relatively affordable, decent size, sturdy as fuck. I believe the 5th gen was the last "Classic" release, after that iPods became glorified tablets/smart devices.
>>
>>63186563
Nah there was an iPod classic 6th gen that also had a 160 GB version, it's slimmer than the 5th gen too
>>
>>63186597
Good to know. I always wanted Creative to release a proper followup to the Zen Vision: M. Closest alternative I could find was the 5th gen.
>>
>>63186258
the fiio players are quite nice
>>
>>63186563
If you want lossless on an iPod you will have to convert to apple lossless.

I used to have iPods and some of my lossless music is in apple format. So, when I got a new PMP I got a Fiio X3 II, the only problem is that you are limited to micro SD cards for storage.

Basically depending on your listening habits, music collection, and headphones you should decide what is important to you and then look at reviews online.

Also post this to /g/, maybe headphone general. why post this on mu/ lmao
>>
Sony Walkman, the NWZ-A17 one... add a 128GB microSD card and you're up to 192GB, which is plenty.
>>
5.5 for the audio chip. Comes in 30GB and 60GB.
The latest one if you want the 160GB, but the prices are on the sky lately since apple discontinued them.
Or just get a random one if you don't give a fuck.
>>
>>63186597
I heard it sounds worse than the 5th gen tho
>>
I just bought a Sansa Clip+ for $50 and I'm planning on RockBoxing it so it can hold a 128GB microSD card.
Could be a good enough alternative if you get a good deal on the player
If you want an iPod go for the 5.5 gen Classic
>>
>>63187194
I've literally never heard anyone say that, plus I have a 5th gen and a 6th gen and there is no noticeable difference
>>
idk I'd say some fiio player like the x3 or the x5.

or if your ipod is broken you could just mod it, like replace the HDD or change the battery
>>
>>63186382
>wanting the opinion of a bunch of retarded plens
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>63189052
>PLENS
>>
>>63189210
>PLENS
>ISHYGDDT

why even reply to anyone using these words. just ignore those fucks
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.