[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any thoughts on coldplay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 814nKqiAnQL._SL1300_.jpg (389 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
814nKqiAnQL._SL1300_.jpg
389 KB, 1300x1300
Any thoughts on coldplay?
>>
That's their only truly good album, by a big margin.
>>
its gay...
>>
>>63185432
oldgay
>>
Boring.
>>
>>63185432
gay shit album
>>
I like their stuff up to Prospekt 's March EP. Everything after that is unbearable and derivative of their earlier material. Or even worse, especially with that EDM production team behind them now.

Should've stuck with Eno.
>>
They were a good band up until Viva La Vida
>>
File: coldplayalbums.jpg (215 KB, 1493x1024) Image search: [Google]
coldplayalbums.jpg
215 KB, 1493x1024
>>
>>63185432
They get a lot of shit, but they really aren't that bad
>>
>>63185505
Yeah this tbqh
>>
NOBODY
>>
>>63185505
>Mylo Xyloto
>Sempiternal
>overrated
by whom?
>>
Everything after Viva La Vida was a swing and a miss. Their first four albums are fantastic. Parachutes is one of my favorites.
>>
>>63185505
>Parachutes
>underrated and best
ok bud
>>
I've honestly only listened to Viva la Vida and thought it was pretty mediocre. The title track and Violet Hill are pretty great though.
>>
Coldplay was pretty good up until MX when they fell off the deep end and stopped making good white boy music.

I really loved A Rush Of Blood To The Head and I think it deserves more credit.
>>
I actually really like the song "Viva la Vida" everything else is ehhhh
>>
>>63185432
I like all of their stuff up to Viva la Vida, after that it feels like they thought they were a lot more innovative and deep than they actually are.
>>
>>63185432
It's generic and white, so I like some of the songs
>>
Hymn For The Weekend is the only song i know from them, it's awful.
>>
>>63185432
So widely hated that I'd expect /mu/ to quite like them.
>>
>>63186760
Popculture
>>
only heard their first album. but then i heard them on the super bowl and didn't hate it and thought maybe i should give their discography a listen before i dismiss it.

but i still haven't gone back and listened to any of it, and who knows if i will.

/blog
>>
>>63185432
Shit pop band
>>
Better than their contemporaries (eg. U2 or Imagine Dragons) at any rate
>>
Ghost Stories is amazing. They're old stuff doesn't hold up.
>>
File: coldplay.png (400 KB, 1199x578) Image search: [Google]
coldplay.png
400 KB, 1199x578
I've never updated this but

Mylo was pretty bad
Ghost Stories was bad
A Head full of Dreams is pretty bad

Viva La Vida is a really brilliant album, I adore it's production
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.