[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you listening to in memory of George? Also, is What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: rubber_soul.jpg (106 KB, 721x721) Image search: [Google]
rubber_soul.jpg
106 KB, 721x721
What are you listening to in memory of George?

Also, is What Goes On the worst song in the Beatles' discography?
>>
their birthday song is the worst in the discography
>>
Which version, the mono or stereo version. (One of them has an extra verse. See if you can tell which one.)

And I think the worst song is Yesterday.
>>
That one Ringo got to sing in
>>
Beatles Pleb here. Abbey Road is all I've listened to really. Where should I begin after that?
>>
>>63176400
Sgt. Pepper and then Revolver
>>
>>63176353
Which one? Ringo got to sing quite a few songs with The Beatles.
>>
>>63176400
What were your favorites off of Abbey Road? That helps narrow it down
>>
>>63176467
Hard to say. I honestly loved it front to back. Oh Darling, Octopuses Garden, Maxwell's Silver Hammer.
>>63176416
Thanks
>>
I'm going to marathon The Beatles albums tomorrow.
>>
>>63176512
I didn't realize you liked the shitty songs. Bye
>>
>>63176556
Kys.
>>
>>63176400
the white album is my favourite because it takes forever to get sick of it
>>
>>63176222
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfm-fehAYx0
>>
>>63176353
This
>>63176427
kek
>>
>>63176512
Yeah you have shit taste
>>
>>63176556
>>63176512

Octopuses Garden is great, I don't care for the others.

>>63176512

You should listen to Sgt. Peppers next
>>
>>63177294

>Octopuses Garden
>With a little help from my friends
>I wanna be your man
>Yellow submarine

All great songs, why don't people give Ringo the credit he deserves? They Beatles probably wouldn't of lasted without him. Out of John and Paul fighting and George not caring as much Ringo was the only one to keep and level head and communicate.
>>
>>63177480

I heard once that they were quick known because Ringo was already known on the scene in Liverpool.
>>
>>63177480
I find the fact that all the beatles usually helped out ringo on his solo stuff really heartwarming
I think ringo was certainly the most bro of the group even if he wasnt the most talented or prominent
>>
>>63176288
>I think the worst song is Yesterday

why do you try so hard to be a contrarian faggot? No one thinks you're cool.
>>
>>63176400
Starting from the beginning is by far the best Beatles path but if you won't do that I'd suggest The White Album and Revolver.
>>
>>63176222
There are actually no Beatles songs I really dislike from their original releases.But if we're counting outttakes, If You've Got Trouble is clearly the worst thing they ever recorded.
>>
>>63176222
Their worst song has to be Mr. Moonlight of something off of Beatles For Sale
>>
>>63176512
You might like The White Album
>>
George Martin plays the piano on this ok McCartney track (starring Ringo at the drums).

You can see him having fun in the music video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9s950VfMxA
>>
>>63179115
Martin played the piano solo on In My Life, and wrote the solo for Michelle, too.
>>
>>63179115
Better quality here, if anyone cares.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-iApVMr2Y
>>
>>63179137
Didn't he also play the piano solo on Lovely Rita? That was always a favorite of mine.
>>
>>63179137
It's a shame that they kind of let him down after the band break up.
They did a couple of solo albums with him but still... He seemed like a nice and talented man.
>>
>>63179161
He probably did, it sounds quite similar stylistically to the one in In My Life.

>>63179168
I could understand not working with Martin if you were trying to distance yourself from "The Beatles" and going for a different sound, but yeah he did seem like a lovely bloke
>>
>>63179180
He seemed open minded enough to let them try new things, but you get a point here.

I should check what he did outside of the Beatles.
>>
>>63177691
I'm sorry, but your response makes no sense. Could you please explain exactly what you mean in a clear, and articulate manner of fashion. I wasn't trying to be cool, contrarian, or even a faggot. I'm afraid you have me at a loss. (And I still stand by my statement)

>>63178854
I disagree. For me, in my opinion, If You've Got Troubles is GOAT right up there w/You Know My Name, (Look Up The Number)
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.