[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: exit-level music Wow. Guys, after listening to this I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1457494553456.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457494553456.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
ITT: exit-level music

Wow. Guys, after listening to this I can safely say that I've reached the "challenger deep" of music. This is the marianna trench of audio recordings. There is simply no where else to go after listening to this recording. It has shattered my perception of what it means to be listening to "music". Should you chose to embark on this journey you must be warned.

1. It is not an easy listen.
2. If you do not listen to this in one sitting on your first listen you have failed the test and cannot retake it. Don't bother giving it another try if you don't make it through the entire 3 hours of this recording because you've automatically been deemed a foulaĆ­son.
3. If you do complete this journey (very few do) then you run the risk of making the rest of "music" obsolete to your newly tuned ears. Once you complete this journey, you will forever be stuck on the 'other side'. There's no going back.

I'm physically shaking right now
>>
>>63176051
>There is simply no where else to go after listening to this recording.
of course there is
>>
>>63176101
Spoken like a true entry level listener
>>
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 720x720
I just got around to listening to this and it's by far the most unique and profound piece of music i've ever had the pleasure of sitting through. There hasn't been an album this decade to shake me to my core the way pic related did. You know that feeling you get when you listen to a new album thats original in sound and scope and think "Wow, I no idea music could do that" well that's how I feel about this album. An absolute masterpiece by every definition of the word.
>>
>>63176051
>>63176146
idk what is ironic and what is not anymore
>>
good fucking god
>>
>>63176146
I listened to it last night after I saw somebody post it on here.

It's a great record. As groundbreaking as Swans first LP.

You can tell by the feedback that it made them feel affected by it, even if they didn't like it. They even resort to making fun of his physique.

Art is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable, anxious, afraid. This album brings a lot of emotions that we hide inside ourselves to maintain a "normal" state of mind.

I think this release is a landmark for music, and we're going to see a lot of artists follow the same road this guy is on.

I don't know anything about this dude, but after listening to his album I feel inspired to stop fiddling with my guitar and actually express myself and create. I'm glad I heard it. I don't think I'll ever need to listen to it again.
>>
>>63176145
lolz, nice comeback. There is so much music out there to discover and you think you reached its peak. That is just so narrow-minded.
>>
>>63176274
I bet you paused the album to charge your laptop or something lmao fuck outta here
>>
>>63176356
>I bet
You are making more baseless claims instead of admitting that there is so much more music to discover.
>>
>>63176420
why are you seriously responding to bait I swear to god you tripfags tick me off
>>
>>63176472
cause I need to do something before work?
>I swear to god you tripfags tick me off
exactly the reason I trip. Just so I can upset you with no effort whatsoever.
>>
>>63176472
They literally come to 4chan for attention; entertaining trolls works out well for both parties
>>
is unjust malaise actually good?
>>
>>63176518
no it's a shitty album that people pretend to like because Eastman was gay and black

listen to Morton Feldman if you want good minimalism
>>
>>63176518
Don't listen to this retard >>63176602. It's good.
>>
>>63176632
sup antiwarhol drone
>>
>>63176518
its good but shit dont listen to these guys; >>63176602
>>63176632
>>
>>63176518
it's a great album it's just a meme on here and rym thanks to AW
>>
>>63176518
Near the pinnacle of modern music, Eastman's repertoire is so unfairly glazed over in the overly white sophisticate as to make me sick, but to make such beautiful, inspiring works into mere political statements (though that they are, in part) would be to reduce one of the most amazing careers in music ever to nothing more than that of a typical Marxist activist, and that treatment may be a fate even worse than public ignorance.

The works on display here are titanic. "Stay on It" opens the set, and immediately, it is revealed that there is such a thing as a populist minimalist. But that is the name of the game for Eastman - a shatterer of preconceived notions, and one of the very few in the avant-garde to make John fucking Cage seem conservative by comparison (see: his outburst at Eastman's choice of material while performing one of his open-ended pieces that instructed the vocalist to "Give a lecture"). I could go on for days about how "If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?," though the worst of the set, far outstrips the careers of most modern composers entirely; how "The Holy Presence of Joan d'Arc" is a more "classical" approach for Eastman, and it succeeds endlessly; how his highly political "Nigger Trilogy" could easily be called the greatest triptych ever conceived in music; and how the "1, 2, 3, 4!" of "Evil Nigger" separates the most impactful bars of music I've yet heard.

But I won't.
>>
Never heard of the guy. What makes this so great?
>>
>>63176746
nothing he's shit
>>
>>63176746
it's modern classical that blends minimalism with pop music elements and even though avant-teens sperg over it in reality it's pretty good
>>
>>63176487
>makes trip
>no effort
you'll die soon.
>>
>>63176813
Thank you for your concise description.
>>
Eastman: a talented but unremarkable composer, catapulted into cult fame on RYM for his extra-musical qualities.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.