[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this man dies What is your reaction? How would affect you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 292x292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 292x292
>this man dies

What is your reaction? How would affect you?
>>
i take a poop
>>
wouldn't care

dylan is a hack
>>
desu I wouldn't be surprised if I die before he does
>>
maybe his next album will be a Blackstar type thing
>>
shia laboof?
>>
will tear up maybe
>>
>>63174714
Him dying has been a meme in the /mu/ prediction threads since like what, 2010 or 2009? I'm pretty sure he is immortal, but then again that's what I thought about Bowie too. Damn, please don't die Bob ;_;
>>
>>63174747
hyped up desu
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
FAVOURITE DYL ALBUM GO
>>
i'm a huge bowie fan right now

but i'll be a huge dylan fan when he dies
>>
>>63174758
This
I know I'd spend the day alone listening to Bob records
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 1035x1035
>>63174775
obligatory

>Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues is the best Dylan song ever desu
>>
>>63174794
I've never heard a dylan record in my life but I do have several paragraphs ready and waiting to go to post on the moment of his death about how cut up I am about it and how much his music changed my life and how we'll never see his like again
>>
be sad for a while, eventually forget, same as Bowie
>>
>>63174714
I dunno, up till now I've really been dodging bullets when it comes to musicians dying. Most recent casualties have been people I liked well enough, but didn't appreciate them enough while they were alive to genuinely get emotionally worked up over their death until after the fact. David Bowie was the closest, but Bob Dylan is someone whose work I already love, so he'd be the first one to sincerely upset me.
>>
I'd listen to the second and third albums for the first time in years and be a bit bummed.
>>
>>63174775
>>63174831
Bringing It All Back Home is the best of the electric trilogy.
>>
>>63174714
he'd probably write a song about himself being dead
>>
>>63174886
It's alright ma, you're only lying
>>
File: bob-dylan-self-titled-p.jpg (156 KB, 349x349) Image search: [Google]
bob-dylan-self-titled-p.jpg
156 KB, 349x349
>>63174775
if your favorite dylan album is anything other than his first album, you are a dirty fucking hippie
>>
File: folder.jpg (135 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
135 KB, 1000x1000
I'm being honest, Blonde on Blonde and Highway 61 are both awesome. 10/10
However, pic related it's just a gathering of old boring and forgettable bluesy rock songs. 5/10 if generous
>>
>>63174919
>can't get it outta my head
>the fact that now I'm dead
>the Siamese cat and the dancing clowns
>all fill their faces with frowns
>god is the greatest gospel is life
>it's too bad I died without a wife

Probably sound something like this, just add 40 more pretentious verses
>>
>>63174965
>However, pic related it's just a gathering of old boring and forgettable bluesy rock songs. 5/10 if generous
It's All Over Now Baby Blue is his best song though.
>>
>>63174957
Best track off this?
>>
I have a first pressing of Bringing it All Back Home. Is it worth anything?
>>
>>63174965
>However, pic related it's just a gathering of old boring and forgettable bluesy rock songs.

Confirmed to have not listened to the album.

The entire B side is all folk and the A side has two obviously non blues tracks (She Belongs to Me, Love Minus Zero/No Limit) and Subterranean Homesick Blues is as far from being a forgettable blues rock song as you can get with lyrics like those.
>>
>>63175013
Yes. My favorite Dylan song too.

Bringing It All Back Home is fantastic.
>>
>>63175014
not that guy but man of constant sorrow
>>
>>63175014
most of it is older folk songs, but best song that he wrote, im gonna say is talkin new york. song to woody is fuckin comfy though

best song overall is highway 51
>>
>>63175155
yeah thats a good fuckin song too

in fact i forgot about that song, thats best song overall
>>
>>63175176
nice :•) i am listening to it over and over before sleep now
>>
any of you playing old school runescape right now? tryng to get my mining to 85, it's only 73 now, starting to lose focus
>>
>>63174775
>>
>>63174965
Bullshit, that's one of his best and a valid choice for GOAT Dylan
>>
>>63174775
Desire
>>
>>63175303
i've tried once or twice in the past few months but then got bored
a dude in my networking class plays it all of every class
>>
Remember, with every celebrity death, Stan Lee only grows stronger.

He must be stopped, before he takes Brian Wilson.
>>
>>63174886
This is correct.
>>
File: vikesh kapoor.jpg (85 KB, 550x544) Image search: [Google]
vikesh kapoor.jpg
85 KB, 550x544
this guy replaces him
>>
How's he doing in his old age? Finna die? i feel like he's next
>>
>>63175107
He got one part right: Dylan's a helluva a lot more blues rock leaning than folk rock. I honestly think the only reason he's labelled folk-rock is cause he started out as a member of the then folk movement. It sounds almost nothing like The Byrds or The Beatles during their folk-rock phases around the same time. Same with Buffalo Springfield, etc.
>>
>>63174758
hell be fine
>>
>>63174714
I was cursed a few years back to never be able to have sex until Bob Dylan dies. And he's super old now, so I've got that going for me.
>>
>>63174714
hasnt played Hurricane in decades. He can fuck off.
>>
>>63176058
You know it turned out the guy was guilty right? Rubin Carter was guilty... This is common knowledge. The details of the case are readily available now. Bob is probably a little embaressed.

The cops were racist though, and, Bob, no one bats 1000. Its okay to make mistakes.
>>
>>63176110
He was later released by a judge (well before his sentence was supposed to end), you know that, right? This too is common knowledge.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.