[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White Rappers = Trash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
>white rappers

Can we all agree that white rappers (99% of them) are absolutely fucking awful and nothing but a bunch of mere culture vultures.

Most are extremely corny & embarrassing and its gotten to the point I refuse to even listen to one or give them a chance.
>>
white rappers are trash almost without exception
like, when the highest point a white rapper can reach is when they make goofy pop rap like Macklemore and Thrift Shop, you're really saying a lot about how low the bar is
>>
aesop rock is still a god though
>>
It's funny cause even white rappers who are actually technically skilled (such as Eminem) still can't craft together good music.

Whites just can't make good hip-hop, period. I don't listen to any white rappers anyways although I was like 14-years-old I used to enjoy some of Eminem's material but I've evolved past that.

However it's not white ones (who have historically been wack with the likes of Vanilla Ice and such) it's the fact that 99% of rappers in contemporary times are shit. Unless of course you actually unironically enjoy Young Thug, Soulja Boy, Future, Fetty Wap, Chief Keef, etc. but if that's the case you're a fucking moron or a great liar.
>>
Great tier white rappers:
>Action Bronson
>El-P
>R.A The Rugged Man
>Lil Ugly Mane
>Aesop Rock
>Mac Miller post-Macadelic
>Asher Roth post-Asleep On The Bread Aisle
>>
>>63174779
>LYRICAL MIRACLE SPIRITUAL I GOT THE MAD RHYMES OF A SUPERFLUOUS SULTANATE IMPERIAL

Nah, his music is terrible. Rhyming a bunch of polysyllabic words together doesn't make your music good.

Aesop Rock is basically a black Canibus, at best.
>>
>>63174815
>actually putting young thug in the same league as that other trash
>>
Some white guys can write good lyrics, and they're probably in general better producers, but yeah I think white guys lack the voice and the persona needed to be a good rapper, I can't take them seriously even when they're good because I just imagine them as that kid who grew up in a nice suburban area trying to act like a gangster.
>>
I like Beastie Boys. But yeah vast majority of hip hop with a white MC I've heard is bad. I like Run the Jewels though, and a couple Jonwayne tracks are really good. Check out "Dirty Dan" off of his mixtape from last year.
>>
i'm writing a final paper about the transforming "authenticity" in hip hop, and race is strongly tied to that, especially in the 1980s and into the 1990s
>>63174815
vanilla ice is an interesting case where he was never really positioned to be a hip hop artist but just appropriated the culture to try to target what was a more niche market
>>63175195
this is the argument that's been central to the issue of race and authenticity since the beginning. the beastie boys were only able to be credited as authentic because they grew up in/recorded in the bronx
>>
>>63174860
First five are cool but Asher Roth is awful.
>>
>>63175256
I think the reason the Beasties are good is because they came to rap through being a hardcore band so they brought something new to it rather than just being culture vultures
>>
>>63175270
right, poverty and being a racial minority has always sort of been central to the culture, you can go without one but not the other imo
>>
File: question.jpg (671 KB, 1600x1595) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
671 KB, 1600x1595
>why not just judge each artist as they come rather than making unhelpful and ultimately divisive and harmful generalisations based on race
>>
>>63175322
Yeah definitely, I think that in combination with what this guy >>63175270 says accounts for a lot of their appeal / credibility. Interesting to think about. What other white rappers have seen that level of acclaim other than like, Eminem?
>>
watkin tudor jones is a p. dope white rapper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vptk0JgIM

die antword is just a shitty project
>>
>>63175395
no anon, that makes too much sense.
>>
>>63174863

KEK, Your favorite black rapper pays Aesop rent.
>>
>>63175390
yeah, which is why you see vanilla ice lying and saying he had an urban upbringing
in the past 10 years or so when authenticity has been shifting away from race there's been a lot of excitement of rappers making music on their own and releasing it on soundcloud/elsewhere
"authenticity" in hip hop comes in a lot of forms
>>
>>63174689
while i don't agree with that statement, pasta or not, i do cringe every time i hear aesop rock or el-p. definitely not into the le so smart and well-versed meme
>>
>>63174860
Don't forgot
>Eyedea
>Logic
>>
>was about to make this thread after seeing justin bieber was going to bring post malone and some white female rapper on tour with him.
>>
>>63175455
i don't get that same impression from el-p
>>
>>63175479
eyedea is great yes
>>
desu all hip hop is corny and i get second hand embarrassment whenever i hear it
>>
>>63175437
Oh I almost forgot about this one, one of my favourites.
What nationality are the dudes in Clouddead? I dunno if they're white but I don't think Why at least is black? Overall I'd say success as a white rapper comes from doing your own thing rather than emulating the black-dominated part of the culture. I think that's why the examples I can think of lean more towards the experimental side of things.
>>
>Aesop
>Killer Mike
>Logic
>Eminem
>Action Bronson
>Eyedea
>Beastie Boys
>>
Why do people hate Aesop? His use of large words is a horrible argument.
>>
>>63175830
you gonna get corrected for this a million times, but Killer Mike is the black one. You mean El-P.
>>
File: IMG_20160113_170054.jpg (143 KB, 987x1083) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160113_170054.jpg
143 KB, 987x1083
>>63175830
>Killer Mike
>>
>>63175395
+1
>>
>>63174689
>calls white people racist
>then says this trash
>>
>>63175953
>>calls white people racist
Citation needed
>>
>>63175872
great argument nerd boy
>>
File: 1455454891069.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1455454891069.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>63175830
>Killer Mike
>>
>>63174779
No he's not. The only album of his with any sort of focus or relatable content is labor days, which is a great album. But it's his only great album. He just comes off as very pretentious. His more current stuff is just pseudo intellectual bullshit
>>
>>63175395
Yeah anon that's exactly what op did.
>>
>>63175875
>>63175884
>>63175998
Yeah I mixed the two up.
>>
>>63174689
what about Post Malone? His shit's dope af
>>
cringe thread on an unbelievably huge range of levels
>>
>>63175830

Eyedea, El-P, and Emninem are the only good ones there. Beastie Boys isn't straight hiphop so I'm going to exclude them.
>>
>>63176898
>Embarrassment on an Iranian underwater basketweaving forum
>>
File: rittz3.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
rittz3.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
Rittz is pretty good, especially if you're into some faster flows. He's new album is gonna be great hopefully.
>>
>>63174689
All rappers are trash though. Hip hop is made by and for unintelligent people.

The fact that white rappers are thought of as less than black rappers simply because they're a different race is proof that the genre revolves entirely around celebrity image and persona rather than musical content. Hip hop fans listen to rap music to pretend they're a tough black person, not for music. If hip hop fans weren't able to treat the genre like comment section of a gossip website, they probably wouldn't even listen to it
>>
>>63174689

>/pol/tard trying to b8

Kys faggot
>>
>>63177048
Careful, you might actually bait someone
>>
>>63176905
Beastie Boys are hip-hop, retard.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.