[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Downward Spiral turns 22 today. Let's have a discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: tds.jpg (242 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tds.jpg
242 KB, 500x500
The Downward Spiral turns 22 today. Let's have a discussion of the album.
>>
Going to listen to it now for the first time. I binged Pretty Hate Machine for weeks.
>>
>>63167137
Lyrics basically spoil the album for me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkT-aMgZvQI

fav track
>>
>>63167281
that's part of the fun though
>>
File: Einsturzende Neubauten.jpg (325 KB, 669x600) Image search: [Google]
Einsturzende Neubauten.jpg
325 KB, 669x600
>>63167137
Shitty pseudo industrial. They are the radiohead of industrial. If anyone want to get into the genre listen to this instead. If you want Industrial rock listen to early swans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbwSQqtscD0
>>
>>63167423
>radiohead of industrial

Wow. You're not even a real elitist snob. You just desperately wish you were.
>>
>>63167504
Radiohead are faux avant garde. If you like them you literally have shit taste.
>>
>>63167556
nice scaruffitalk my friend
>>
Wish the album had more songs like A Warm Place and The Downward Spiral

The lyrics are so fucking cringeworthy even on Hurt
>>
[spoiler]Trent commits suicide at the end[/spoiler]
>>
File: 54696524.jpg (100 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
54696524.jpg
100 KB, 500x375
>>63167556
I've never cared much for Radiohead. I quite literally lost friends over the fact that I would refused to be more than mildly amused by "Creep" when it first hit MTV... It's the reference to NIN as the "Radiohead of Industrial" that bothers me. Congrats on having access to Google so you can pretend to be an expert.
>>
>>63167767
What would i need google for? It is not like I am using a thesaurus.
>>
"The Becoming" is so fucking good.
>>
One of my all time favorites since it was released. Glad it gets more attention around here these days. He could never live up to that glory.
>>
>>63167504
kek
>>
>>63168145
My all time favorite too... weird it's becoming a /mu/ favorite as well
>>
>>63167423
My nigga. I mean, with the album rec, Nine Inch Nails are not the Radiohead of industrial, they would be the Coldplay of industrial. Something more like Godflesh would be the Radiohead.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.