[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can there be Post-Rock if Rock music is still being made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1457412645831.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1457412645831.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
How can there be Post-Rock if Rock music is still being made?
>>
>>63164789
>how can post-irony be real if this question is ironic?
>>
>>63164820
im trying to be serious not all of 4chan has to be jokes and laughs you know
>>
>>63164789
Because you're basing the meaning of the word regarding time, and not form. In this case, the 'pod' doesn't refer to the time, but the attributes of the music. Post-rock is music made with rock instruments that tries to experiment and morph itself into something that doesn't sound rock music.
>>
File: 1457053350905.jpg (102 KB, 593x609) Image search: [Google]
1457053350905.jpg
102 KB, 593x609
Is post rock all sad, slow and depressing hipster bullshit or is it some of it good?
>>
>>63165372
Wrote 'pod' instead of 'post' for some reason. I may be autistic desu
>>
frogposters are always so fucking stupid, why is that?
>>
>>63164789
Rock music isn't relevant anymore
>>
>>63164871
>im trying to be serious not all of 4chan has to be jokes and laughs you know

bump
>>
>>63164789
The "post" obviously refers to being after the initiation of rock music rather than its end.
>>
>>63164789
People were making post-punk while punk was still being made.
People were making post-bop while bebop was still being made.
People made post-hardcore while hardcore was still being made.
What's your point?
>>
>>63164789
Post-hardcore exists, but there is still hardcore being made. This question is dumb.
>>
>>63165399
There are only 4 bands to listen in post-rock. Slint, Talk Talk, Godspeed you Black Emperor and Mogwai(Only Young Team).
Everything else is copying Explosions in The Sky which copyied Mogwai. Don't even bother to listen to anything else...I have wasted time listening to Eits, Russian Circles, 65daysofstatic, God is An Autronaut, Mono, This Will Destroy You etc. It's all boring, generic and souless. Long names, lots of tremolo picking, lots of crescendos. Everything sounds the same. I don't even call them Post-Rock, i call them Post-Mogwai.
>>
>>63165399
Tortoise
>>
>>63167391
Sorry, I already listen to Stereolab
>>
>>63166636
I think DMST's debut is at least on par with Mogwai's early stuff, and it's contemporary.
>>
What about those early 90s bands that people were calling post-rock, but they were just slightly experimental alt-rock?

Moonshake, Insides, Lorelei, Main, Disco Inferno, Cul de Sac.

Is that also post-rock? Or can we retroactively take away that categorization?
>>
>>63166636
It seems that you need to listen to way more music
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.