[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Yeah, I don't really like that lame overrated mainstream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: cmon son.jpg (93 KB, 804x743) Image search: [Google]
cmon son.jpg
93 KB, 804x743
>Yeah, I don't really like that lame overrated mainstream hiphop shit like Kanye and Kendrick
>I like Aesop Rock, EL-P. cLOUDDEAD, the list goes on....
>>
File: Govind (1).jpg (32 KB, 200x247) Image search: [Google]
Govind (1).jpg
32 KB, 200x247
>>63162296
>you
>Following the lemmings
>>
>>63162296
Kanye and Kendrick are overrated as fuck though.
>>
>>63162296
kendrick lamar is commercialized, you see all this shit about selling shoes... they made him big so they could use him to sell stuff
>>
>>63162296
>Not liking both
>>
>likes rap
>hasn't listened to the classics

I will never understand this
>>
>>63162296
>Being a dumb frogposter
>>
>>63162486
Because instrumentals are important to me
>>
>>63162550
i dont get your point
>>
>>63162567
My bad, I thought you meant "doesn't like the classics"
>>
>>63162567
A lot of the classics have simple boom-bap stuff

It's not bad per se but some like more complex,challenging instrumentals and arrangements
>>
>>63162677
do you mean like Kanye and Kendrick
>>
>>63162550
The classics have some of the best instrumentals that all modern rap albums are influenced from. what the fuck are you talking about
>>
File: 1455556227025.jpg (25 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
1455556227025.jpg
25 KB, 303x303
>I'm a upcoming rapper thats raps about real issues bringing back that real hip hop checkout my channel !
>>
>>63162706
Kind of

Whenever Ye or K use boom-bap they kind of add their own personal tinge to it to make it sound more modern, be it distortion, synths, hi-hats, etc.

In terms of old, classic 90's stuff you tend to see more of the raw drum samples and crashing cymbals that the style of production was founded on, and not everyone likes that
>>
rap is just a shit genre in general. im sorry, but i have it a fair chance, even tried listening to the artists that are considered more cerebral and none of it is interesting.
>>
>>63162721
Not to me. I don't care about the "classics" for the reason anon >>63162677 explained.
>>
>>63162811
>what i dont get and like is shit
keep being this cerebral friend
>>
>>63162472
exactly this. How fucking hard is that? It's not one or the other if you don't delude yourself into thinking it is
>>
clouddead sucks and sounds nothing like modern cloud rap
>>
>>63162846
actually i do understand it. i didnt listen to one song and decide its shit, i listened to many albums considered classics. i understand the genre, and i understand why people like it. doesnt change the fact that its still just a bunch of monkeys acting like monkeys in front of a mic with nig beats underneath.
>>
>just a bunch of monkeys acting like monkeys in front of a mic with nig beats underneath
you definitely understand it
>>
>>63163519
>doesnt change the fact that its still just a bunch of monkeys acting like monkeys in front of a mic with nig beats underneath.
whoops
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.