[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know if this is too contrarian but for me ok computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: radiohead-ok_computer-cover.jpg (153 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
radiohead-ok_computer-cover.jpg
153 KB, 953x953
I don't know if this is too contrarian but for me ok computer is one of the worst radiohead albums. The bends and in rainbows are much better, why you would like ok computer? I don't get it
>>
You're not contrarian. Just plebeian.
>>
>>63158382
Why don't you like it?
>>
>ESTOY CANSADO
>DE TI
>ESTOY CANSADO
>DE LA HUMANIDAD
>ESTOY CANSADO
>DE LOS HOMBRES Y DE LAS MUJERES
>ESTOY CANSADO
>DE TODO
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63158405

i can't see any good songs besides maybe karma police, that isn't that good at all, even King of Limbs could beat that
>>
>>63158499
What makes a song good?
>>
(OP HERE)

Compared to good albums like in rainbows where all songs are amazing and the bends with tons of good tracks, ok computer is meeh
>>
>>63158499

well, a good song for me is one that i like, and i couldn't like almost any of ok computer tracks
>>
>I don't like the the song because it's not good
>it's not good because I don't like it
Yikes.
>>
>>63158552
>>63158525
>>63158499
Good arguments senpai, you sure convinced me.
>>
I'm not trying to convince anybody, i'm asking people who like ok computer to show me why, because i don't like it as much as i like other radiohead albums, the whole thread is about how i don't like it, and not why
>>
>>63158499
Karma Police is one of the worst songs on the album. It sounds like you enjoy derivative alt-rock, which is fine, and explains why you prefer The Bends. I'm guessing High and Dry is probably your favorite RH song too
>>
>>63158382
are you saying pablo honey is better than ok computer?
>>
>>63158742
Not OP, but Pablo Honey is better than all.
>>
>>63158723
I like it because it's good
>>
>>63158723
OKC has much more interesting soundscapes and textures. The riffs are also much more interesting. The Bends is generic rock that tons of Bands have done or replicated.
>>
>>63158723
We're asking you to show us why you think one album isn't good, yet two other albums that are quite similar to it are good.
>>
(OP HERE)

my favourite song from the bends is street spirit, i kinda don't like High and Dry, the tracks i like from the bends are: black star, just, sulk, bones, the bends and street spirit.

I like all songs from in rainbows, but the best would be reckoner, videotape, all i need and jigsaw falling into place

About why i don't like ok computer, well, because there are really bad songs in the album,besides electioneering, exit music, paranoid android and karma, all the rest is very very bad imo.
>>
>>63159632
>electioneering
>good
Well shit taste confirmed. I think a place like r/music might be more suitable to your taste
>>
ok
cool for you
>>
Kid A, OK Computer, and Pablo Honey are all shit.

Amnesiac and In Rainbows are Radiohead at their finest.
>>
(OP HERE AGAIN)

i just don't understand why anyone likes boring songs like Airbag or The Tourist which come across as nonsense

Other albums like the bends and pablo honey have a lot more energy and don't put you to sleep

it's just weird to me that ok computer is considered a masterpiece when it's full of filler
>>
>>63159655
why does everyone hate electioneering? the lyrics are shit of course, but that goes for a bunch of radiohead songs. i guess it does seem out of place, but i think it gives the album more energy. it always gets me excited for the second half.
>>
>>63159825

This is not OP, I'm OP and i don't use "(OP HERE AGAIN)"

>>63159856

I love electioneering lyrics, it's one of their best lyrics imo, if you get the message of course
>>
>>63159893
This is a liar and is not OP, I'm OP

Songs like Thinking About You and Vegetable are really where Radiohead hit their stride imo.

I really do not understand what they were trying to do with ok computer outside of paranoid android, electioneering, and karma police
>>
>>63159936
>complains about a lack of energy
>likes karma police
uhhh
>>
>>63158382
I agree
>>
>>63158723
You are being a little bitch
>>
>>63159856
Electioneering is the least original song on the album, it belongs on The Bends tbqph family.
>>
>>63161075
Half of the songs on the album aren't particularly original either, stop being retarded.
Electioneering just happens to have a faster beat than the rest.
>>
>>63158382
> The Bends
> better than OK Computer

seriously guys i don't see the appeal for The Bends, it's just Pablo Honey 2. Nothing special about it, it's not bad but with Radiohead's other albums i don't even remember those two exist if nothing reminds me of them
>>
OK computer is Nirvana-core. Music gets outdated once you age.
>>
>>63158382
How can you not like songs such as Exit Music, Karma Police, No Surpises or Paranoid Android?
The Bends is a good album and In Rainbows is great too, but OKC does deserve most of the praise it gets. Amazing songwriting and production, comes only second to Kid A because it's imho more cohersive.
>>
>>63158499
Not even "Let Down"?
>>
I've always thought that Radiohead have some truly amazing songs but quite a lot of their album tracks are filler.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.