[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kid A Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Radiohead.kida.albumart.jpg (74 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.kida.albumart.jpg
74 KB, 300x300
Why do so many laud this album as a piece of high art. There are many drawn out and looped sections on it that make it a chore to listen to. How to disappear completely is a very solid track however and would fit in well on OK computer/The Bends
>>
there is a lot of radiohead memeing and scaruffi droning on this board about radiohead friend.
i think is a solid album with a nice (but maybe a little too angsy) concept.
i really like the guitars on optimistice (dat outro(, the atmosphere on in limbo, and the energy of National Anthem.
the rest is ok i guess, and i dont really like the first track, is kinda corny imo.
i think radiohead are a good alt rock band, with some really cool high but overall nothing too much out of this world.
>>
cause pitchfork gave it a 10

>>63157455
>>
>>63157442
Agreed. I think a lot of people claim to prefer this album over OK computer/The Bends simply to be contrarians.
>>
It's a desolate and slow album - sometimes very interesting, and other times, it sort of floats into the back of your mind. It has a nice subtlety, but not perfection.
>>
>>63157488
I prefer Kid A over OK computer/The Bends because it's not a just a compilation of great songs like those two albums are. Kid A is more of a single independent product rather than being a collection of Radiohead's works. It has an admirable introduction, exceptional flow of music, (i.e. Kid A to The National Anthem; Optimistic to In Limbo; Idioteque to Morning Bell) and overall a great ending as the Motion Picture Soundtrack. It is also more various in terms of sound and sound texture unlike both The Bends and OK computer.
>>
>>63157488
Dude people like it because it's a better album.
Also How to Disappear Completely, Idioteque and Motion Picture Soundtrack are better than anything on OK Computer and only equaled by Fake Plastic Trees on The Bends.
>>
>>63157591
I agree
>>63157668
Fully
>>
>>63157488
That is such a ridiculous view to hold. Seriously, think about how likely that is...
>>
>>63157591
>>63157668
i dont prefer albums over because im not autistic, is all about what mood im in.
also
Just and My Iron Lung >>> anything else they ever did t b h
>>
>>63157492
Well put, I can't appreciate Kid A in every state of mind. The themes are really melancholic and I find it works best during the evening when you're tired but not drowsy and generally in an "unhappy" state so to speak.

But I really don't think it being slow and it being drawn out it a negative thing, quite the opposite. It builds into the atmosphere and feeling of the album.
The songwriting is really great, not to mention the instrumentation and production.
I couldn't tell which album I prefer, OKC or Kid A because they're such different records but both are amazing at their own things.
>>
>>63157899
>all about what mood im in
Literally "muh feelings" argument.
>>
File: 1410644438934.jpg (20 KB, 448x300) Image search: [Google]
1410644438934.jpg
20 KB, 448x300
>>63158099
so?
you dont listen to music for an emocional response?
wew lad
see pic
>>
>>63157382
I think it's due to the fact that Radiohead had releases that were already in held in great regard, and them throwing IDM and electronic music into the mix (one of their primary influences at the time) brought interesting results. It may not be entirely special, even for when it was released, but it was an ambitious idea that was executed well.

It's not necessarily the best, but that doesn't stop it from being wonderful.
>>
>>63158136
>I have no reading comprehension
>>
>>63157668
Since when is Fake Plastic Trees the best on the Bends, its clearly Blackstar.
>>
Anyone that prefers the bends or OKC to Kid A is probably just 15 years old, doesn't understand that good music doesn't need guitars, and makes some dumb comment like "it's pretty good, but boring compared to their previous stuff. Where's the rock?!"

This album is a masterpiece in creating an environment you can get lost in
>>
>>63158213
you are implying the "muh feelings" argument isnt valid for some reason?
>>
To derail the thread by just a bit;
What did you guys think of Spectre? I know it's old news but holy shit it's an amazing track. Can't wait for the new album
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.