[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did he go from rapping stuff like "I ordered the jerk,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Kanye west.png (820 KB, 807x806) Image search: [Google]
Kanye west.png
820 KB, 807x806
How did he go from rapping stuff like "I ordered the jerk, she said you are what you eat" to shit like "Now if I fucked this model, and she just bleached her asshole, and I get bleach on my T-shirt, Imma feel like an asshole"?
>>
>>63155742
got lazy as fuck

its kinda sad he'll never release anything as good as MBDTF ever again
>>
>>63155773
>tfw you've listened to it 500+ times and still love it.
>>
File: fitbab.png (13 KB, 612x189) Image search: [Google]
fitbab.png
13 KB, 612x189
>>63155742

>Fuck SNL and the whole cast
>Tell them Yeezy said they can kiss my whole ass
>More specifically they can kiss my asshole
>I'm an asshole? You niggas got jokes.

He's always been into butt stuff.
>>
>>63155830
He's whatever the male equivalent of a nympho is.
>>
>>63155742

the first line isn't good either
>>
File: 2352627273.jpg (101 KB, 490x600) Image search: [Google]
2352627273.jpg
101 KB, 490x600
He regularly works with other writers on creating the lyrics to his songs, as exampled in this interview:

>Interviewer: So let me get into the heart of the matter – 'Jesus Walks,' you’re credited as a co-writer. What exactly does that mean? What part of the song did you write?

>Rhymefest: I don’t, like – I don’t wanna – ‘cause I feel like there’s a way to separate and degrade, like saying that, ‘Yo what did you write? What did you bring to the table?’ I look at it like this: him and I both collaborated. I’ll tell you for a fact, if it wasn’t for me, there wouldn’t have been no ‘Jesus Walks’ but if it wasn’t for Kanye, there wouldn’t have been no ‘Jesus Walks’. We both contributed a major part to the song – to a beautiful song. I look at it like this: I was a part of that vehicle – God blessed me to be a part of the vehicle to bring that song to the table, but Kanye was the driver of the vehicle

But he maintains control of the direction of the song and usually has a strong idea of what he wants the lyrics to be like, he's just very open about collaboration in that part of the process.

>I don't need writers, I might bounce some ideas, but only I could come up with some shit like this

The reason his lyrics have dropped in quality over the last 5-6 years is mainly that his lifestyle has changed so much. He can't rap about the stuff he rapped about on Spaceship, Gossip Files, Gone, and All Falls Down again because that isn't his life anymore.

His life is models telling him that they recently "bleached" their assholes and him wondering what the fuck that's all about. So that's what he talks about in his songs.

>Interviewer: In this song you sing the line, "I bet me and Ray J would be friends, if we didn't love the same girl. He might have hit it first. Only problem is I'm rich" What does that mean?
>Kanye: You like that don't you? I wrote it myself by the way!
>>
I like how Kanyefags actually think that first line is good.
>>
File: 3645743856.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
3645743856.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>63155886
>>63155941
are you guys really this brain dead?
>>
>>63155955
Oh, I get it, he was only pretending to be retarded xD
>>
>>63155955
there are tonnes of people on this board who would unironically think it was a good line anon, it's not really in my interest to bother working out whether OP is one of them or not, because in the end, it wouldn't have been funny anyway
>>
>>63155968
It's a standard joke setup, I hoped you were the one pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>63156005
We get threads in this format every day though. Funny or not it's clearly mean to be they are both shit, if OP was sincere it would have been the fucking verse from Gorgeous for the millionth time.
>>
>>63155941
>>63155968
Musically I like a lot of Kanyes music. His beats and rapping technique have both been great at many times if you consider his whole discography although I think both slipped dramatically with Yeezus and Pablo which IMO is 100% of the reason why the people who dislike them / have issues with them have them.

His lyrical content ranges from topics including his lifestyle and as you have mentioned, comedic. You can still appreciate Kanye's music whilst chuckling to many of his lines whether or not you believe him to be funny on purpose or not. I'd say it only enhances the overall warm feelgood vibe of a lot of his (especially earlier) works.
>>
>>63155910
Good post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0mwQPtH0g
>>
>>63155782
been watching this today, fucking awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg5wkZ-dJXA

and yeah unfortunately the most quotable lines on TLOP were terrible ones
>>
>>63156507
I liked 'We Were Once a Fairytale' more,

was this ever released? https://tribecafilm.com/stories/kanye-west-steve-mcqueen-all-day-i-feel-like-that-music-video-american-premiere
>>
>>63155830
#fingersinthebootyassbitch
>>
>>63155742
>Now if I bleach this model
>and she just bleached her t-shirt
>and I get bleach on my asshole
>I'ma feel like a fuck
>>
File: 1432643742324.png (326 KB, 450x410) Image search: [Google]
1432643742324.png
326 KB, 450x410
>>63158453
>>
>>63156028
>the fucking verse from Gorgeous for the millionth time.

For real though, if Kanye was a good lyricist, people wouldn't cite the same fucking verse every single time a person takes his lyrical capabilities into question. Same goes for Nicki Minaj's feature on Monster.
>>
>>63155742
>"I ordered the jerk, she said you are what you eat"
>Kanye fans think a fifth grade-tier pun is clever lyricism
You guys are fucking morons, I'm sorry. You are of lower intellectual potential than other people. You are less valuable people
>>
yeah £50 though wouldn't have hurt nobody, come off it
>>
>>63158562
PENITENTIARY
>>
>>63158583
Leave the dadrock standards at the door eh
>>
>>63158583

>You are less valuable people

leave that at the door, PAL
>>
File: Medium-density fibreboard.jpg (90 KB, 616x899) Image search: [Google]
Medium-density fibreboard.jpg
90 KB, 616x899
>Ikea

wew lad
>>
kanye's lyrics have always been pretty stupid
the difference is, old kanye didn't take himself so seriously, there was a lot of light-hearted humour in his stuff and so it was kind of a given that he wasn't serious, he was just having a laugh
now that he's so self-important it kinda makes you think he might seriously believe these are good lyrics

>>63155830
i was genuinely thinking about this the other day
like does he actually have an anal obsession
think about how many tracks he's mentioned assholes on
>FSMH
>power
>diamonds from sierra leone
>devil in a new dress
the list probably goes on, that's just off the top of my head
>>
File: 1431988668132.jpg (171 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1431988668132.jpg
171 KB, 640x640
>>63158453
>>
>>63155742
I don't know but you if you don't like this album then you don't like fun. His album this summer will be for the fags that want an "indie approach" to rap.
>>
>>63159210
ikea is dope
>>
>>63158996
>>63159156
These posters are bad at music and also posting

I'm bringing attention to it in order to shame them publicly.
>>
>>63159490
>if someone doesn't think this is fun, they don't like fun

grow up you delusional piece of shit
>>
>>63155742
Lmao what? Do you retards actually think any of these lines are good?
>>
>>63159490
>if you don't enjoy bathing in shit then you don't enjoy having fun
>>
>>63159228
There are actual rumor's he is gay with some Italian guy
>>
>>63159626
>>63159821
Nah not necessarily that. But I've yet to meet someone who disliked Kanye and didn't have some personal biased attached like

>huuur I hate him because of how much acclaim he gets compared to muh favorite artist
>hurr gets so much attention around here it pisses me off
>he's an asshole therefor he makes bad music
>>
>>63155910
Neat
>>
>>63155850
a nympho
>>
>>63155955
Have you never heard of jerk? It's actual food you dumbass. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_jerk_spice
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.