[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even if you despise them now you have to admit Whatever People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
Even if you despise them now you have to admit Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not is a great album.
>>
everything they made before 2010 is good really
>>
>>63154013
The Arctic Monkeys set the British record for fastest-selling debut album of all time (yawn). This new improved version of Oasis and the Smiths debuted with Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (Domino, 2006), an album that was impressive for what it did "not" deliver as opposed to what it delivered: it did not deliver a single second of music that people had not heard before.
>>
Damn right. It had a Strokes garage rock essence to it and was all around addictive. Unfortunately, their new releases are not as great.
>>
Favourite Worst Nightmare aged a lot better.
>>
>>63154013
Adam Sandler
>>
>>63154551
ok good it's not just me

anywho, I know it's from a different album, but Cornerstone is super comfy
>>
No I don't.
>>
it really is
>>
>>63154650
I actually really like humbug desu. I think it was after that it went downhill
>>
>>63154013
Should I listen to this?
>>
>>63154788
yeah you should
>>
it's okay

Mardy Bum is a great song though
>>
I agree, it's not a great album.
>>
scene-sters can burn in hell
>>
>>63155121
haha ;) ;) see what u did there
>>
>>63154730
idk, there were a few songs from suck it and see that I liked too

Love is a Laserquest, That's Where You're Wrong, and Suck It And See are also hella comfy
>>
>>63154013
/mu/ only pretends to hate them because girls and tumblr like them
>>
>>63154013
Not perfect, easily has 3 Skippable tracks. However a view from the afternoon and a certain romance are some of the best rock songs of the past 15 years. I really like some ideas in rest of the songs too (the gang shout part "get out of the bandwagon", the palm muting) but some of it doesn't work.i still Miss this Era Am. Shame they went boring grandpa rock after this interesting and slightly punky debut.
>>
It was because of this album i returned to listen to guitar music. It was because of it i started to listen Radiohead, which them lead me to discover Can, Neu!, Faust...So yeah, this album changed my life.
>>
Humbug > worst nightmare > whatever people say I am > suck it and see > AM
>>
>>63155121
Damn...
>>
>>63154013
nah its typical britshit

how can one island be so talentless
>>
easily love all of their albums except the last one.
>>
Their first album is a really good start. I enjoyed it a lot.

The second album is better in my opinion. Basically takes the first albums and polishes it.

The third album is awesome. (Potion Approaching is sort of eh song but whatever the rest of the album makes up for it)

AM is good. A lot of the songs are decent but some just don't hit as well. The singles are worth listening alongside maybe 2/3 other songs.
>>
>mixing a bouncy rhythm with extreme guitar noise or punk-pop and shoegaze, capitalized on the hype created by the generation of Franz Ferdinand.

>extreme guitar noise or punk-pop and shoegaze
>extreme guitar noise
>shoegaze

Scaruffi confirmed talentless hack
>>
Wait, people genuinely think Humbug isn't their worst album?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.