[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kanye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: tlop.jpg (133 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
tlop.jpg
133 KB, 600x600
So now that the dust seems to have settled and you've had a change to thoroughly listen to this masterpiece, what are your thoughts?
>>
Best songs father stretch my hands pt 1, FML, no more parties in la
>>
its still shit
>>
Anybody here who likes Feedback? Its pretty good imo.
>>
>>63153961
yeah, beats bangin
>>
File: 1457178617791.png (148 KB, 611x400) Image search: [Google]
1457178617791.png
148 KB, 611x400
horrible
>>
>>63153961
That song is good too forgot about that one
>>
>>63153881
ultralight beams real friends no more parties best songs the rest were good ideas that were incomplete
>>
>>63153881
>thoroughly listen to this masterpiece
still in denial thread?

still shit mate
>>
Awful, the biggest musical disappointment in recent memory. That said Real Friends might be my favourite Ye song ever though, too bad about the whole rest of album. Ultralight beams, fml and famous are ok
>>
The short songs and poor sequencing make it feel all over the place.

Skits/intro's certainly don't help when there's amount of music on here is so small.

Some songs are way to ambitious and fall flat like Highlights. Other songs are just too all over the place and crazy like Freestyle 4.

The first 3 tracks and the last 3 tracks before silver surfer strike the perfect balance and are great.
Other tracks seem to mess up one thing (the second half of 30 Hours, No More Parties' length)

Separated from all the hype, it's only tolerable to listen to in chunks. 6/10
>>
No More Parties in LA is my favorite song to come out this year so far. However the rest of the album is either awful or below average (Real Friends and 30 Hours are okay).
>>
His "better received" albums have better lyrics, sure, and the production on those albums is more illustrious (really just code for more strings and black chorus groups), but I like every single song on TLOP except for Fade. (Waves is comparatively dull but I can live with that).
I don't consider any of his albums to be as consistent as this one. The GOOD Fridays mixtape from '10 that's floating around comes close, but yeah, this became my favorite Kanye album after a few weeks. Bill Cosby innocent
>>
File: Yeezy.jpg (155 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Yeezy.jpg
155 KB, 900x600
>>63154218
Fair. The record for stans is more around an 8.8-8.9. I think everyone can agree objectively that with skepticism the album is a six at worst, a nine if you're flaming.
>>
File: scary.png (19 KB, 85x116) Image search: [Google]
scary.png
19 KB, 85x116
CD was my second album ever when I was a wee lad. I have stanned Kanye ever since and absolutely feel this is his weakest project. The high points notably ULB, FML, F4, Feedback are incredible despite F4 and Feedback being criminally short. It's sloppy, all over the place and he ruined Wolves(not like it matters anymore since we got OG CDQ) but still.

TL:DR TLOP 4/10 weakest album in his discography.
>>
>>63153961
My girlfriend listens passively to my music and swears it's a Death Grips song.
>>
It's still damn crap. It still sounds like a mess.

No more parties in LA, Father pt 1 and ultralight beam are the only good tracks. The rest are just shit.
>>
>>63153961
Amazing and the beat is wicked filthy
>>
Love it but it's clearly not been 100% finished. There's even a brand new thread on /r/Kanye about it that was posted today.
>>
my favourite yeezy no lie
>>
>>63153881
Feedback is the only good trak.
>>
File: the memes kim the memes.jpg (131 KB, 882x746) Image search: [Google]
the memes kim the memes.jpg
131 KB, 882x746
Ultralight Beam, Real Friends, 30 Hours, No More Parties, and Fade are the only good things on this.

The rest is dogshit. One of Kanyes worst, we're entering Kid Cudi levels of horrible, and the fans are too stupid to see it.
>>
>>63153881
Such a let down from Yeezus, then again anything would be a let down from Yeezus (god-tier album).
>>
it's not good.
30 hours,father stretch pt 1,ultralight and no more parties are great. rest is shit

>>63154522
you're girlfriend is a dumbass tell her to kys
>>
Good, but I think letting off all the "lol I made this in 5 minutes" aesthetic could have improved it rather than ruin the entire concept like people suggest.
>>
>>63156799
I like FML but don't like Fade or No more parties. Otherwise I sort of agree. How are you?
>>
Really disappointing. My favorites are Real Friends and NMPILA. Everything else sounds unfinished due to either a lack of polish, stupid placeholder lyrics or a criminally short length. Overall really could have benefited from a few more months gestation.

5/10 worst album in discography
>>
File: 1440767551507.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1440767551507.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
Better than Yeezus by like 1/10, but that's still a 4/10.

Cringeworthy lyrics and awful beats make for another shitty Kanye outing.

Only good songs that are worth listening through a fourth time are Ultralight Beam (which is carried by Kelly/Chance), FML, Real Friends, first half of 30 Hours, and No More Parties in L.A. All the other songs are ruined by a variety of things (bleached asshole, Chris Brown, Rihanna, saying money never made him yet he's 53 mil in debt, etc.)

If this were any other artist I'd say "Cut him some slack, they can't all be winners", but Kanye West actually thinks he's a winner every time, so I'm going to judge it more than any other album.
>>
>>63157005
Yeezus is 5/10, Pablo is 4/10 MBDTF is 8/10. 808s is 6/10.

F A C T
A
C
T
>>
>>63157062
>808s better than anything
Fucking stop dude.
>>
>>63157062
Wow that's objectively the worst ratings I've ever seen
>>
>>63153881
6/10 ye fell off :/
>>
>>63157088
>>63157260
>808s is worst Kanye!!

why do plebs think this? 808s is one of the best pop albums of its decade
>>
You're all white aren't you?

NMPILA is wack.
>>
Download?
>>
It's shit
>>
it fucking sucks and i love rap
>>
>>63153881
Shite
>>
9.0>8.6
>>
>>63157731
so are you
>>
>>63159389
Its great and I hate rap
>>
Best bad album ever.
>>
>>63157062
And yet you don't even rate CD, LR and Graduation which are the best he's ever done?

nah mate.
>>
>ultralight beam
>good

Can we stop this?
>>
File: look at me.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
look at me.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
Man this album kicks ass. Fuck all you plebs.
>>
I didn't thoroughly listen to it, but I know not to.
>>
About 2 good songs on the entire thing.
>>
The only good songs are

Ultra Light Beam
Father pt.1
NMPLA
30 Hours
Wolves

Other than those nothing else is really good. Their are some good parts in some songs like the end bit of famous but other that its a 6/10
>>
>>63159732
Yes you are a pleb
>>
That anyone that calls this a masterpiece this quick can't be trusted and probably listens to lil uzi because they let popular opinion mold their opinion on everything
>>
>>63153881
Probably his second/third worst album, the mixture of jazz/soul and autotune didn't really work with me for most of the record

HOWEVER songs like both parts of father stretch my hands, No more parties in L.A and Highlights I can dig.

6.5-7 out of 10 for me after three listens
>>
At first I liked it a lot, except from the last 4 songs.
Then it was boring and now I think it's ok, nothing special.
>>
>>63153881
the original album is a 7

the reorganized version with demos subbed in is an 8.5
>>
>Meme Rap
>>
>>63157731
Agreed.
Anyone with the slightest interest in hip-hop knows that Kanyes verse is fucking trash; forcing too many words into bars, garbage flow.
>>
Pretty good album. Features are the best on this. Best songs are Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1, Real Friends, FML. Kanye's meh but he makes/curates good music.
>>
File: 1456425425289.jpg (93 KB, 850x506) Image search: [Google]
1456425425289.jpg
93 KB, 850x506
>>63161071
No
>>
>>63153881
A huge bullshit
>>
>>63153881
Night Sky/Closest Thing to Einstein CDQ when

would be best song on the album if it were on the album
>>
>>63153881
I find Kanye so fucking boring these days any sort of hype blows my mind you know exactly the kinda shit he is going to release zzzzzzzz.

If you like it then lucky you would have been nice if I did but I just don't get it anymore.
>>
anyone have a download link?
>>
File: Late_registration_cd_cover.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Late_registration_cd_cover.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
it's got some great songs that I'm getting fatigued listening to, and some literally useless additions to the tracklist (lowlight, i love kanye, max b prison call, the nike diss track).

also, a lot of the lyrics are topical now but won't mean shit in months, let alone years.

the best part of TLOP is that it's gotten me into his older albums, and i've been able to appreciate college dropout and late registration all over again.

pic related, his best album by far
>>
>>63161212
Yes, it's objectively flawed.
>>
Reminder that the album's true ending is Wolves and everything after is a bonus track
>>
I liked the OOooOOooOOoo-oo on Wolves
>>
>>63161630
yeah I've also always thought late registration was by far his best. I also think Graduation is a little underrated and MBDTF is a little overrated
>>
>>63162570
so it only sucks for 40 minutes instead of 56
>>
I'm somewhere around a strong 3 or very light 4. Basically nothing about this album is good unfortunately. It barely feels like a Kanye West album.
>>
>>63161486
This, god that song sounded amazing

here's my take on the album:

ULB: 10/10 love it

FSMH pt 1: literally perfect until Ye's verse

FSMH pt 2: interesting to hear a track like this on a Kanye album, a pretty good banger actually

Famous: Though the first verse isn't amazing or anything, this track is actually an 11/10 to me.

Low Lights: Okay.

Highlights: Not terrible but not that great.

Freestyle 4: 9/10 at least in my opinion, very good beat

I Love Kanye: not going to lie i enjoy listening to this more than some of the tracks on the album

Waves: A lot of you will want my head on a stake for this, but I love this one, production is great and Chris Brown's vocals work very well on this track.

FML: Very good predecessor to Real Friends, The Weeknd is pretty good on this one, good feels song

Real Friends: Sweet Jesus, I listened to this ten times in a row when it dropped. This was Ye's resurrection track, still love it.

Wolves: Still laugh my ass off at the sandwich line, some lyrics could use replacing but the vocals are pretty good

Silver Surfer Intermission: Seems sorta unnecessary honestly.

30 Hours: laid back song with interesting sample, 8.5 or 9/10

NMPILA: Really like both Kendrick's and Kanye's bars, great song, genuinely enjoy listening to it.

Facts: Well, the lyrics are pretty eh but the beat is way better than the original. Album could probably do without this.

Fade: Love the instrumental, vocals grew on me after a while and I like listening to it when I'm finished with the album or just any time.

TLOP is at least a 9 in my opinion, so sue me. I feel like his album in the summer will be even better, though.
>>
I hope that Turbo Grafx 16 will be better
>>
>>63161486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVoX9gPmT5k
>>
>>63153881
6 or 7 at most

Anyone who says higher just has a different opinion and is also a fag
>>
About a week ago I was on here and somebody had posted their own version of the tracklist which had only like 9 songs on it, anybody know the song order ?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.