[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this album? It's one of my all time favorites,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 319x319
Opinions on this album?
It's one of my all time favorites, personally
>>
god-tier title, but I'm really not into emo punk
>>
>>63153290
5.5 / 10
They're literally tigers jaw with better vocals and a better guitar tone.
>>
10/10 my second favorite album ever made, right below Seven Thunders Roar and right above Lightning At The Door
>>
>>63153290
Forgettable shit
>>
Was one song about a dog or some shit.
>>
>>63153290
Boring pop-punk. I forgot about it immediately after listening to the album.
And would not have remembered it, but somebody post this shit evry fucking day.
>>
well, since everyone's got done talking about it all you have left are the people who have listened to it a little, or haven't listened to it at all who see it and want to say it's bad to project some insecurity like "MY TASTE IS SECRETLY BETTER THAN WHATEVER IS HERE"
But on the album itself I really like it.
Dendron is my favorite track, your deep rest and among the wildflowers have heavy heavy sentimental value to me.
Introduction to the album probably has the most convincing and well placed angsty ad-lib "fuck" I've heard in an album if there's any competition.

I've heard lots of the members idolize Brand New so I see where a lot of their change came from on this album.
>>
>>63153407
I wholeheartedly agree. Dendron is a fucking masterpiece
Although the fact that Your Deep Rest sounds like You're Depressed pisses me off a little, almost like making a joke of a super serious song to me
Idk if they did it on purpose though, I just noticed it like a week ago
>>
>>63153407
>Saying that a shit album, is actually shit= insecurity
Not everyone has your shit taste.
>>
>>63153378
Yeah, Housebroken. It's about an abusive relationship
>>
I bummed a cigarette from a guitarist of theirs lol
They're super cool
>>
i like it a lot
9/10 for me i think
>>
Best emo-revival album next to Tigers Jaw s/t. Solid as fuck album.

Also they're mad live
>>
Saw them live on their first UK tour, seeing them again on their second, first show was just in a free entry bar in Glasgow which was great fun, this time its a proper venue (Thelka for any Bristol people). Loved their music last year but stopped listening, I'll probably give all their stuff a relisten after Goodness comes out.

Dendron best song, Introduction shortly after that.
>>
tried it, but nothing can compare to TDAGARIM by brand new if we are talking emo. nothing
>>
>>63155050
Weird, given that TDAGARIM is alt rock, to be talking emo though.
>>
>>63155128
if you dont think TDAG is emo you should probably leave
>>
>>63155147
Yeah I can feel the post hardcore influence all over Jesus and Millstone
>>
>>63155174
who the fuck is talking about post hardcore
>>
>>63155183
You know emo is a type of post hardcore not just sad rock?
>>
>>63155128
>>63155174
get fukt
>>
>>63155207
i like how you say that as if its not just a shitty half researched opinion
>>
The funeral song is really the only memorable song on the album. The instrumentals are generic, lyrics are bad to good.

I don't get the hype around this album at all. So many other emo bands that deserve the attention
>>
Brand New is definitely emo. TDAG is emo. Pretty obviously so, if you ask me.
>>
>>63155212
That website is literally a joke.
>>63155220
I'm mainly chatting shit, but whilst brand New are a big influence on The Hotelier I wouldn't say it does much to merit being measured against TDAG.
>>63155232
Define emo, I think that's the root cause of these problems.
>>
>>63155227
Who are the good emo bands?
>>
>>63153320
They're literally nothing like Tigers Jaw other than being in the same genre, and even then, Tigers Jaw really aren't punk in any sense.

Also, 10/10 record, one of my most listened to of all time according to last.fm
>>
>>63155256
brand new, tigers jaw and joyce manor dont listen to anything else ever
>>
>>63155248
youre right about chatting shit m8
>>
>>63153430
I don't think that's anything but a coincidence lad, 'deep rest' obviously refers to being dead, it's not a play on words.
>>
>>63155009
Saw them in Thekla when they played Dot 2 Dot festival, only managed to catch the last 10 minutes but it was great from what I saw. They're playing there again on May 8th with Into It. Over It
>>
>>63155294
I think that was the same tour I saw them in Glasgow on, in May 2015? Yeah I'm going to that gig, not too sure about II.OI though.
>>
>>63155268
Are you joshin me? If not I saw Tigers Jaw, just after the band dissolved after Two Worlds(maybe?) and they had members of Basement playing with them, in a tiny venue which was crazy fun.
>>
>>63155314
Yeah same time.

I saw Into It. Over It. at the Fleece with Modern Baseball, they're okay but to me it feels a bit uninspired, like I could hear that kind of music from a thousand other bands.

I'll check out the new album anyway though.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, what was the worth of the "emo revival"? Would you say it's still ongoing?
>>
>>63155342
Never existed in the first place, friendo
>>
>>63155326
Hahaha Dude, I was at the gig too, didn't stay for II.OI, booked it when I was into Tiny Moving Parts and used to like Modern Baseball, by the time the gig came up I didn't even like TMP that much. You gonna see LSD and the Search for God in a couple days?
>>
>>63155356
Are you saying the new bands that were grouped under it weren't really emo, or that they were shit?
>>
>>63155384
Lmao, no shit, that's cool. I was in the queue and missed half of TMP's set, fucking love them though so that was a shame.

II.OI. were alright, watched about half their set before I left, like I said it's nothing new or exciting.

Can't say I've ever listened to them lad, I am going to see Deafheaven at the Fleece on Sunday though, got Brian Fallon & The Crowes and Explosions in the Sky coming up too.

You going to ArcTanGent this year?
>>
>>63155391
No I'm saying that emo never went away, so there was no revival.
>>
It's okay, not the best of the current "emo revival" crop but a very solid album 8/10
>>
>>63155477
I did the same thing, went for a spliff with my mate thinking TMP wouldn't be on till 8 and they got on at 7.45 iirc.
They're shoegazey, only got two releases, but I figured I'd give them a shot.
I'm going to Deafheaven too, only listened to New Burmuda properly though.
I'm tempted by ArcTanGent for Toe, but its pretty expensive. You going to Joanna Gruesome or the Deadpunk special?
>>
>>63155566
Oh man, check out Sunbather dude if you like New Bermuda. It's better imo but only just. You'll need to know Dream House if you're gonna see them live, it's a must.

Plenty of other great bands on that line up. Tbf, for a 4 day festival with such a good lineup £90 isn't much. There isn't a massive amount of stuff to do there but it's a wonderfully stressless festival. Much prefer that to the expensive major festivals that just make everything so much harder.

I'd definitely recommend it man, best weekends of my life have been there.
>>
>>63155674
Hmm maybe I'll ask around people and see if anyone wants to go, wouldn't be too keen on it by my ones. Yeah, I need to listen to them before again before I catch them, just a shot in the dark, but are you the guy I went to a mountain goats concert with in first year?
>>
>>63155749
Haha no way, you're uncircumcised right?
>>
mfw people legitimately debate if brand new is emo or not.

they are.
They're also many other things.
What's complicated about that.

also who got >>63155555
>>
>>63155749
I'm going with a mix and match group of friends as it is so if you wanna tag along with us that's cool. If it helps someone experience the greatness of ATG I'm all for it.

Nah not the same guy I'm afraid.

http://www.last.fm/user/ZOMGALIENS
>>
>>63155822
You're called Rory too? You going with those guys to Deafheaven?
>>
>>63155822
Also, ignore all the pleb shit, my last fm isn't installed on any of my things anymore
>>
>>63155835
Just going to Deafheaven with 1 or 2 of the same guys but you're welcome to join homie.

I dunno which pleb shit you're talkin about lad you haven't given me your last.fm 8)
>>
>>63155954
>>63155895
scratch that I just looked at my most recent followers.

I don't know if we can be friends I don't take very kindly to people who share my name, but maybe I'll make an exception
>>
>>63155954
Hahaha, yeah man, I'll drop you message about it, I'd be down for a pint beforehand or whatever, gotta go look at houses for next year now, so I'm off.
>>
>>63155975
Sure thing man I'll probably be at the pub right next door, 7 stars if that's what it's called, can't remember.
>>
my fav pop-punk album
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.