[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Jethro Tull? Is pic related their best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ThickAsABrick25thAnniv.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ThickAsABrick25thAnniv.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
Thoughts on Jethro Tull? Is pic related their best album?
>>
memeflutes
>>
>>63147527
Not sure, haven't listened to their other albums, but I'm sure that Part 1 > Part 2
>>
The most misunderstood band of all time. Even today people herald Thick As A Brick as a defining progressive rock album, and Steven Wilson mastered its re-release.
>>
I like a lot of his stuff, but some of it is just bad.
>>
>>63147537

dude what
>>
>>63147563
>his
>>
>>63147559
This, it's amazing that so few people realize it was a joke, and everyone stil considers Jethro Tull a prog band.
>>
>>63147559
>>63147960
A joke can't be good?
>>
pretty good
>>
>>63147960
it is still, musically, a progressive rock album.
>>
>>63147994
I was the first guy. The point was that it's not a prog album. It was the same old Jethro Tull that made Stand Up and Aqualung making fun of prog rock yet nobody seems to get that.
>>
>>63147527
crescent fresh t͏bh f͏am
>>
tootely toot on his flutely flute, although its uncress he rocks with the best. yes hes crescent fresh, aqualung my friend
>>
>>63148050
I know that TAAB is satirical, but they continued with the prog sound for like 3 more albums
>>
>>63147994
>>63148037
I don't disagree with either of those, I'm just saying that a lot of people seem to assume that Thick As A Brick defines JT's sound when that's obviously not true.
>>
>>63148089
they never even had one sound, they did a lot of things and it was great.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.