[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok can stop treating kanye like he is some kind of genius? sure,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
ok can stop treating kanye like he is some kind of genius? sure, he has made a big impact on hip hop... but pic related has not aged as well as some people would like to think. same with some of his other tracks, even stuff on late registration
>>
2deep4u
>>
>>63145709
The music has aged well; the message behind it has diluted because of the way the person delivering it has changed.
>>
>>63146268
for some reason i find the message more compelling now, or maybe i'm just interpreting it in my own manner.
>>
>>63145709
>has not aged well
It's been 6 years, it hasn't had time to age yet.
>>
Kanye West is the fucking greatest musician ever. Honestly. If you fucking hate him you need to blow your fucking brains out of the back your head with a shotgun. Hold the trigger with your big toe and grab the barrel with your hands, shoving it right to your forehead before pulling the trigger so your brains splatter wildly on the wall and chair behind you. The police will arrive shortly due to the sounds and smell coming from the room- at first they will be shocked, but then upon examining your computer history they'll find out what shitty opinions you have and toss your body in the river like garbage. No one will miss you.

Stop fucking posting this album if you don't have anything nice to say.
>>
>>63146446
You're an impediment to discussion. If you can't add to the conversation kindly shut the fuck up.
>>
that little black sabbath iron man melody in this album though? like that sucks
>>
>>63146446
New copypasta?
>>
I don't think any of Kanye's albums sound like they'll age particularly well save maybe 808's and its stark minimalism. The stuff before it sounds very of its time and the scattershot, distorted nature of some of the stuff after probably won't do it any favors with age.
>>
there are more threads like this than there are posts that this one is disagreeing with.
>>
Kanye is good, he's made some good music, some music that's way ahead of it's time, but he's not exactly a genius and plus TLOP was a FLOP
>>
>>63147174
>>
>>63147078
>some music that's way ahead of it's time,
which and how?
>>
File: kanye-grammy.jpg (155 KB, 500x630) Image search: [Google]
kanye-grammy.jpg
155 KB, 500x630
>>63145709
I'll make this really simple

Kanye West revitalized a stagnant early 2000s Hip-Hop scene in ways you can't even imagine

even if that weren't true

with MBDTF Kanye achieved the tri-fecta of acclaim (popular/media/academic) and single handedly cemented Hip-Hop as not only a legitimate musical discipline but an alive and vibrant one, where experimentation and ambition are rewarded instead of condemned as heresy.

808s and Heartbreaks is the only reason the whole "soul baring honesty/humble braggadocio" aesthetic that makes the Weeknd/Drake/Future popular exists

He makes music that is always interesting and a pleasure to listen to
>>
>>63147288
Yeezus, everyone. hated it when it came out but it's some of his best stuff, pretty experimental in a way, 808s kinda too. (""Way"" ahead was kinda exaggerating)
>>
I consider myself a Kanye fan but I'll never understand how MBDTF got 10s, and same with the praise for Yeezus. At least people acknowledge that Graduation and 808s were just pretty good and not amazing. CD, LR, and MBDTF are all great albums, but MBDTF is way too overrated. Don't even get me started on TLOP.
>>
>>63145709
>album from 2010 is up for discussion on whether or not it's aged well
Ayyy
>>
>>63145709
But pretending Kanye makes good music is my favorite /mu/ meme :(
>>
Kanye West is the fucking greatest musician ever. Honestly. If you fucking hate him you need to blow your fucking brains out of the back your head with a shotgun. Hold the trigger with your big toe and grab the barrel with your hands, shoving it right to your forehead before pulling the trigger so your brains splatter wildly on the wall and chair behind you. The police will arrive shortly due to the sounds and smell coming from the room- at first they will be shocked, but then upon examining your computer history they'll find out what shitty opinions you have and toss your body in the river like garbage. No one will miss you.

Stop fucking posting this album if you don't have anything nice to say.
>>
What's your guy's favorite track?
>>
I'd probably enjoy his music more if he weren't a narcissistic asshole. I think that may be what's preventing me from enjoying his shit. He acts like he's on such a different level, he's not humble at all, and I think that's why I don't like him. I recognize his talent, his lyricism and production and delivery are all good, but I don't like any of it. I can't explain why I don't like him, there's so much talent in Yeezus, but I just can't seem to appreciate it and I feel like I'm missing out on a good experience.

Any tips for enjoying Kanye? He just hasn't clicked with me, but I enjoy all other /mu/core
>>
File: 1452735549668.jpg (110 KB, 1313x263) Image search: [Google]
1452735549668.jpg
110 KB, 1313x263
Friendly reminder
>>
File: retard.png (43 KB, 1080x256) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
43 KB, 1080x256
>>63147396
>experimental in a way
not true. please refrain from using words you don't know the meaning of
>everyone hated yeezus when it came out
not true
>it's some of his best stuff
also not true
>808s kinda too
not true
>>
>>63147552
Hate to say it but a big part of loving Kanye for me is liking his persona
>>
>>63147697
It was experimental. Nobody has made another album of that exact style before. You can't discredit something just because you don't like it.
>>
>>63147288
808s is the only reason Drake/Future/The Weeknd and their ilk exist
>>
>>63147697
I know what experimental means
Not everyone hates yeezus but it wasn't exactly liked by most people
It was some of his best stuff in my opinion
808s wasn't experimental in any way but people seem to appreciate it more now than a few years ago
>>
>>63146611
retard
>>
You faggots should stop listening to crappy music. This negroid talentless hack meme doesn't even make good "music" as you dickriders would say.
>>
>>63147851
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ao4WTcMtY8
>>
>>63146958
I can see where you're coming from. Concerning The Life of Pablo, I feel this is especially true. It's really fun to listen to, but it feels like an ode to the "right now" of Kanye's life, and I don't think it's something next generation listeners will be able to identify with. But maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>63145709
Late Reg has aged better than like 99% of hip hop records. Orchestral soul with crisp production values doesn't get old
>>
i already stopped doing so a long time ago when i grew up.
>>
>>63146446
ad the dumbest poster on /mu/ is......
>>
>>63146446
Please fucking kill yourself you autistic mongoloid. This fake excuse of a musician doesn't even have the talent to make above decent noise you faggots call "music". I've never listened to any of Kanye Kardashian's abums, but from idiots like you I already know all of it is shit.

I keep telling you inbred swines that rap is just some stupid mumbling over a stupid beat, and you faggots like it. It doesn't even take talent to do that-even a toddler can do better than music nowadays. All of today's music is utter shit unlike the music of the past generation like the Beatles or Queen. I keep telling you idiotic dickriders to stop listening to kiddie noise and start listening to REAL MUSIC of the past like Jazz or Rock. I hope this fake excuse of a genius with a one-digit IQ would kill himself already so that you faggots would cry like the little bitches you are. Today's music can't even compare to the music of the 70s, 80s or 90s, and you idiots can't admit you have shit taste.

This douche doesn't even deserve to be famous, and he's trying to be relevant with our society by acting like a fucking idiot. Some people are starting to believe that today's music is shit compared to the past's, and I'm hoping that the cancer of today's music would die off so that the world could be a better place without the likes of you and this douche Kayne.

Just leave and go back to KTT with your dickriding idealism, you uneducated, unclassy swine.
>>
>>63146446
Can't anyone tell that this is just a copypasta?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.