[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /mu/, I have only a cheap steel guitar and I wanted to p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: poofag.jpg (171 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
poofag.jpg
171 KB, 1024x683
hey /mu/, I have only a cheap steel guitar and I wanted to play nylon stuff on it, so I just put nylon strings.
do you think it may damage the guitar? Also, how does it sound?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0roE1JoCxDH
>>
>>63141413

I wouldn't see why you'd want to play nylon strings in the first place... but well
>>
>>63141763
to play classical music
>>
>>63141865

I still don't understand... I play Piazzolla on steel, sounds fine according to my girlfriend
>>
>>63141865
Get a classical for that, the fretboard on them is wider
>>63141899
Your gf is deaf
>>
>>63141952

Nope... I just play like a fucking pro
>>
>>63141979
Yeah I seriously doubt that if you can't even understand why someone would want a classical
>>
>>63141998

I still don't get the attitude... is it just so your pussified fingers can handle longer playingtime, or is it because it sounds like a playdough-string ?
>>
>>63142063
Maybe it's the fucking sound?
And why torture yourself with steel strings and thin fretboard when you can get a classical?
Real pros don't play classical with steel string for a reason
>>
>>63142128

Oh... yeah, sure. It's so they can sit on their large hands and pretend that noone else can do what they do on a smaller guitar with harder fingers.

Seriously, who needs that large a fretboard anyway unless they have the paws of a bear. It's not like the classical I own doesn't have anything my steelstring doesn't, except a pickguard
>>
>>63142270
Yeah I guess it's useless to argue with a 13yo in the middle of the night
If you really can't hear ant difference in the tone there's no future as a musician for you
>>
>>63142349

The difference I hear is one has bite while the other sounds like playdough. And one requires talent to sustain properly while the other is just... playdough
>>
>>63142270
>that noone else can do what they do on a smaller guitar with harder fingers.
>Seriously, who needs that large a fretboard anyway unless they have the paws of a bear. It'

you should just kill yourself
>>
>>63142380
So you're in a playdough age?
Nylon has a much warmer and richer tone
Steel strings are bright but some classical songs sound empty and too bright on them
Get a pair of ears
>>
>>63141763
>>63141899
>>63141979
>>63142063
>>63142270
>>63142380

>ellipses in every fucking post
>noone

this site is 18+
>>
>>63141413
Stop biting mate. Probably, as maybe they dont put enought tension to straighten the neck as steel strings. Just buy the classic guitar yo poorfag
>>
>>63141413
Yamaha makes some decent ones for the price
>>63142380
Tbh genres like flamenco, rumba or mariachi (and some other latin hispanic folk styles) sound better in classical guitar. Flamenco fags actually use other kind of guitars build for that shit (they still use nylon strings).
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.