[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How in the fuck do I loop guitar in audacity without it sounding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: audacity-main[1].jpg (188 KB, 595x399) Image search: [Google]
audacity-main[1].jpg
188 KB, 595x399
How in the fuck do I loop guitar in audacity without it sounding like fucking shit? You can always tell the guitar is looping every time the loop starts. It's like there's this "pop" noise that signifies the loop starting.
>>
>>63138465
duude i wanted to cut a piece of a song and put it and the end to make a loop and couldnt even do that
what the fuck
>>
>>63138465
you've chopped it badly at point where there is loads of noise
>>
quit while you're ahead OP
>>
File: ralph.png (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ralph.png
49 KB, 500x500
I don't even know how to loop
>>
Put a small fade at the beginning and end of the clip. You also have to be careful about where you cut it. I'd move to a real DAW if I were you though.
>>
Try Photoshop or Paint, works for me.
>>
>>63138465
>Not using FL studio
EL OH EL
>>
>>63138465
Narrow in on the part of the track at the end with the least amount of noise possible. Cut it there. Copy the looped segment but put it on a new track. Then slightly extend the end of loop A and also extend the start of loop B. Then fade loop A out and fade loop B in. Just do really small fades on either side so that no one will notice but you will get rid of any clicky or jumpy sounds.
>>
>>63138612
Okay, so I re-chopped it. You were right, I did it at a point with some noise. But now it just kind of sounds empty when it repeats. I'm not really sure how to describe it. It doesn't feel like it smoothly transitions. I feels blunt and forced.
>>
>>63138682
A small amount of overlap/crossfade would work better
>>
>>63138465

You have to cut them at a point where the amplitude is 0 or close to it.
>>
>>63138797

Yes this is called a zero crossing but I don't know if Audacity can snap to zero crossings, I haven't used it in ages
>>
>>63138877
Yeah it can snap to zero crossings. OP here, I found the zero crossing and used it as a starting point, but it still sounds blunt.
>>
>>63138902
Maybe put a fade of your guitar chop at the end of each loop?
>>
Here this will probably be easier with something to listen to.

This is what I'm trying to loop. I've already got it looping once just to show you what I mean by it sounding "blunt"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1EwFkecTxpy
>>
>>63138729
I don't have the money for that. Pirating seems like it would be dangerous.
>>
>>63139110
its the wrong note you retard
>>
>>63139521
It's fine if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>63139528
Okay, then how do I find out the correct note to use? Also, gotta admit, I'm not sure if "note" is the word you're looking for. Beat maybe, but not note.
>>
>>63138465
why the fuck are you doing a loop in audacity
>>
>>63139745
I don't have anything else to use famalamb
>>
>>63138902
Did you make sure to do the zero crossing on both sides of the loop? It always works fine for me. Maybe start from scratch
>>
>>63139110
the only really blunt thing about the looped note is that it comes at the wrong time
>>
>>63138782
It's off beat?
>>
>>63138465
its called zero crossing op

you should look online because I will probably fuck up trying to explain
>>
>>63139830
Torrent ableton familia
>>
with a highlighted portion, press "z" it will automatically move the start and end points to the nearest zero crossings!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.