[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone starting to dislike Death Grips? Just turned 18 a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: image (2).jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image (2).jpg
19 KB, 300x300
Anyone starting to dislike Death Grips? Just turned 18 a week ago, so now I have to deal with the fact I'm an adult person now. I've listened to all of Death Grips albums, and I honestly have to say it gets very boring and predictable to listen to them. A lot of people praise them for their "crypdick" lyrics that don't really make sense. Ride's voice gets pretty annoying and the music seems really cheesy and shitty. Most of their fans are social outcast teenagers, I was once one too, still an outcast but trying to become a respectable man now.
>>
>>63137648

Weird. The same thing happened to me, one day I was 17 memeing, screaming TEACHING BITCHES HOW TO SWIM XD and posting them all over /r/hiphopheads and then on my 18th birthday they suddenly started sounding like shit to me and I started browsing /mu/. It's almost like their music is specifically designed for underage memers.
>>
>>63137648
dg are still good, its just that i think everyone kinda wanted them to stop after tptb and with the announce of that new album and with a bunch of kids goin around and memeing the shit out of the band i think all the buzz just died
before most people thought they were shit cuz they sounded weird and now ya dont wanna say you listen to them cuz you dont wanna get lumped together with edgelords
i dunno something like that
>>
If your opinion changed in the snap of a finger just because you turned 18, you weren't ever really into them. You were just a fucking loser trying to be into shit that was alternative. I'm not a huge DG fan and I think most of their fans are annoying. However, if you can instantly just stop finding merit in their music it's clear you don't actually like it. Also you are still in the same mental state as before, but know you don't like them because it got popular.

TL:Dr you're a fucking teenage hipster who doesn't actually listen to music because you like it but because of the image you associate with it

Grow the fuck up you little shit
>>
File: 1456305367249.jpg (63 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1456305367249.jpg
63 KB, 680x453
>>63137648
>>63133533
Actually, high IQ and EQ is correlated with a passion for varied and underground music tastes.

As far as being successful goes, just make sure to work a minimum of 7 hours a day.

Also..

>liking vaporwave

DROPPED
>>
File: brendan.jpg (926 KB, 1484x2158) Image search: [Google]
brendan.jpg
926 KB, 1484x2158
FUCK OFF RETARD
>>63133299
>>63133299
>>63133299
>>63133299
>>63133299

DELETE THIS

>>63137723
>>63137782
>>63137906
>>63139503
DELETE THIS
>>
I started listening when I was 16, I'm 20 now. they are a great band.
>>
Still like them. They kinda left my rotation of music I listen to regularly but that's natural. I'd still pay money to see them live. I think that's a good gauge of whether a group or artist is still good, if you'd still wanna see them live.
>>
OP of the original thread here, I would just like to say that this is not me, I am not OP. OP is sullying my good name with his plagiarism of my thread. Obviously I didn't do a 180 on DG, it happened gradually.
>>
>>63142713
how does it feel knowing you started a meme?
>>
>>63137906
/thread
>>
>>63143137
Mixed feelings. On one hand it is slightly disheartening that nobody will take me seriously anymore. On the other hand I do love myself a good meme, some favorites include "damn...", "Jason Aldean", "serious pipes", "probably tylo be chillin", "inside is yellow :)", "le music defener"
>>
the neurosis on this board is hilarious
>>
>>63137648
no
>18
>on my /mu/
>listening to outsider music ironically
piss off child
>>
File: 1443557077836.png (334 KB, 556x592) Image search: [Google]
1443557077836.png
334 KB, 556x592
>Just turned 18 a week ago
>I'm an adult person now
>>
>>63144763
>Mfw turned 18 in December.
>Mfw still looking for a job and still studying for my driver's permit.
>>
>>63137648
bait
the original post was bait too

it was made because some people don't like death grips, and the only thing they can hate on is the fanbase because it's relatively easy with a source who provides humor on top of whatever else.
>>
Is this the new meme
>>
>>63137648
If you liked them as a teenager for the reasons that a teenager might like them then maybe it would be good for you to grow out of them
I'm glad I got into them after high school
>>
>>63137648

I'm 24, i've been listening to Death Grips since they started, and they're basically the hottest band on earth. nobody can touch them. not kanye or kendrick either. the only band that comes alittle bit close is tame impala.
>>
I liked Guillotine better than No Love
>>
I've seen footage is best Death Grips song
>>
>>63145757
have to disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W43aQxzjyeM
>>
>>63145783
That's good too, there's only a few death grips songs that aren't good, almost all their songs are goat
>>
>>63145783

also why did music in 2012 get so fucking good?? maybe im misremembering how amazing of a time it was. people thought it was going to be the end of the world becauase of the mayan prediction or whatever, and so they put everything into their music, and it shows
>>
>>63145846
I don't think that's why but there was a lot of good music in 2012
>>
>>63145871
seriously, i think im the only one

everyone was doing weird things with their synths, it was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQdSXicqWzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLsCrysrvuQ

also the year i started taking psychedelic drugs
>>
>>63145960
Lol, fair enough
>>
File: meme.xsml.gif (68 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
meme.xsml.gif
68 KB, 144x144
>>
>>63145673
You had me hooked on the bait until I saw tame impala
>>
LEVITATE LEVITATE LEVITATE LEVITATE
>>
His music was always shit but it seems your a pretentious ass
>18 now
>guess I have to act like I'm 30
Just
>>
>>63137648
I don't care about /mu/ I like death grips, I liked hella and zach hill before /mu/ ever cared about them. Give me a medal.
>>
>>63147614

EXITMASK HAPPENING
>>
nice try fag, i saw this pasta on the FB page
>>
>>63148655
exit fuarking maskssss
>>
>>63137648
You sound like you just pretended to like them. The only song I liked by them is S-SPREAD EAGLE ACROSS MY COCK. Their music videos are pretty cool though not gonna lie. Other than that, they're Adult Swim druggie tier shit.
>>
>>63137648
>so now I have to deal with the fact I'm an adult person now

stopped reading
>>
File: 1451861932251.jpg (1 MB, 6525x6484) Image search: [Google]
1451861932251.jpg
1 MB, 6525x6484
Anyone starting to dislike Death Grips? Just turned 18 a week ago, so now I have to deal with the fact I'm an adult person now. I've listened to all of Death Grips albums, and I honestly have to say it gets very boring and predictable to listen to them. A lot of people praise them for their "crypdick" lyrics that don't really make sense. Ride's voice gets pretty annoying and the music seems really cheesy and shitty. Most of their fans are social outcast teenagers, I was once one too, still an outcast but trying to become a respectable man now.
>>
File: 1456763309500.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456763309500.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
Anyone starting to dislike Death Grips? Just turned 18 a week ago so now I have to deal with the fact I'm an adult person now. I've listened to all of Death Grips albums, and I honestly have to say it gets very boring and predictable to listen to them. A lot of people praise them for their "crypdick" lyrics that don't really make sense. Ride's voice gets pretty annoying and the music seems really cheesy and shitty. Most of their fans are social outcast teenagers, I was once one too, still an outcast but trying to become a respectable man now.
>>
File: 1447901043485.gif (3 MB, 391x220) Image search: [Google]
1447901043485.gif
3 MB, 391x220
Anyone starting to dislike Death Grips? Just turned 18 a week ago, so now I have to deal with the fact I'm an adult person now. I've listened to all of Death Grips albums, and I honestly have to say it gets very boring and predictable to listen to them. A lot of people praise them for their "crypdick" lyrics that don't really make sense. Ride's voice gets pretty annoying and the music seems really cheesy and shitty Most of their fans are social outcast teenagers, I was once one too, still an outcast but trying to become a respectable man now.
>>
File: 1447900942391.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1447900942391.gif
1 MB, 480x270
Anyone starting to dislike Death Grips? Just turned 18 a week ago, so now I have to deal with the fact I'm an adult person now. I've listened to all of Death Grips albums, and I honestly have to say it gets very boring and predictable to listen to them. A lot of people praise them for their "crypdick" lyrics that don't really make sense. Ride's voice gets pretty annoying and the music seems really cheesy and shitty. Most of their fans are social outcast teenagers, I was once one too, still an outcast but trying to become a respectable man now
>>
>>63137648
>I just turned 18
>I now think DG suck

I hope this is bait. Death Grips are fucking great. Faggots like you really piss me off.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.