[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which version of this should I listen to? cd and vinyl versions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: gs.jpg (22 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
gs.jpg
22 KB, 600x600
which version of this should I listen to? cd and vinyl versions looked pretty different
>>
>>63137478
both
>>
>>63137478
the version on wikipedia is what I've only listened to; I think that's considered the better one but idk
>>
Since the vinyl version is only 32 minutes, i was never interested in listen to it.
>>
>>63137507
?
>>
>>63137507
in wikipedia there are two versions you madman
>>
What's the deal with the vinyl version anyway? Why is it different?
>>
of course the cd version
>>
>>63137478
Cd version has more on it. I'd recommend that. If you haven't listened to it, you're in for a treat. It's on a part with Lift Your Skinny Fists imo
>>
>>63138181
I'm just going off of the top of my head but I think the vinyl one is shorter
>>
>>63138125
What the shit are you talking about?
>>
>>63137478
They are virtually identical except the CD version has more (newer) sections in it, which in my opinion makes it obviously better.
>>63138181
They did such a great job at re-recording it that there's not much that's noticeably different. Anyway, see: >>63138240 he's right.
>>
>>63138267
Fuck's sake mate

>There, in 1997, the original recording of F A ∞ took place[...] [it] resulted in two lengthy songs, each about 20 minutes in length. After the record's release, [...] the band sent a copy of their album to the Chicago-based record label Kranky. Impressed by the recording, Kranky offered to republish the album on compact disc.[4] The band quickly returned to the studio and re-recorded the album, which was released in June 1998. Changes to the album included the addition, subtraction and reorganization of material, resulting in three tracks and slightly over an hour of music.
>>
>>63137478
CD.
>>
>>63137478
I have listened to both but only a rip of the vinyl version and to me the cd version worked better. The longer album fits their style.
>>
On the CD version they reorganized sections and movements, re-recorded The Sad Mafioso (vinyl version the guitar timbre is different and doesn't have that climax in the end), and one or two new movements on Providence. The vinyl version also doesn't have BBF3's short speech.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.