[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could this be a conceptual album about a car crash?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: ok.jpg (2 MB, 1803x1804) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
2 MB, 1803x1804
Could this be a conceptual album about a car crash?
>>
it's actually a concept album about the life and death of an ok computer
>>
>>63135980
it's a about a computer?
>>
It's not
>>
>>63136855
I always wondered where did they came up with the name Ok Computer
>>
>>63135961
Would still make it a boring album
>>
What I do know is that it's overestimated drivel.
>>
I just noticed the shape under the X for the first time. What's that supposed to be ? Looks like a train or a shoe
>>
>>63137717
It's an aeroplane (over the sea)
>>
say what you will about the album, but wow it really has a hideous cover
>>
>>63137717
It's an airplane with the emergency escape slides extended.
>>
>>63137542
"Ok,Computer"
It's just an oppressive phrase. Like humanity bowing to a computer and responding to it's request mindlessly
>>
>>63135961
thats too obvious, you dont know a shit about mushic
>>
File: Depeche-Mode-Delta-Machine.jpg (2 MB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
Depeche-Mode-Delta-Machine.jpg
2 MB, 500x487
>>63137745
Next You're gonna say that Delta Machine had a hideous cover.
>>
>>63136188
O.K.Computer, the inventor of turing's machine
>>
>>63137745
I think it's alright to be honest. Radiohead never had too much luck with great cover arts to be honest, but OK Computer with its schizophrenically drawn brush lines, random juxtaposition of modern everyday pictures, pictograms and cold colour pallette really works for me.
>>
>>63137745
your head has a hideous cover
>>
File: tumblr_nbeo3phA4F1rzalqao1_500.gif (499 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbeo3phA4F1rzalqao1_500.gif
499 KB, 500x376
>>63135961
It’s a conceptual album about white-collar, modern living, amidst technology and etc
>>
>>63137745
I don't think it's that bad, but it's so ingrained in me it's difficult to see objectively. Kind of like how The Beatles is a pretty bad name, but no one thinks about it because they're just The Beatles
>>
>>63138417
yeah i'm pretty ugly
>>
>>63138709
hey man, it was just a shitty attempt at banter, im sorry, dont take it personal
youre pretty <3
>>
>>63137717
it's Sonic the Hedgehog's shoe
>>
>>63138513
This

I'm super confused about how Dark Side of the Moon is considered a (the) concept album but nobody wants to say that Ok Computer is as well. They are on a very similar level thematically (and in regards to their presentation). If anything I'd argue that Ok Computer is the more cohesive of the two.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.