[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Astonishing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: astonishing.jpg (58 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
astonishing.jpg
58 KB, 630x420
What's the consensus? Worth listening to?
>>
As I recall I think it was about the 2:00 mark on the first proper song track 2 which was surprisingly very cool
>>
>>63129009
Somebody post that video trailer. It's certainly astonishing.
>>
File: 1450401284055.gif (3 MB, 399x265) Image search: [Google]
1450401284055.gif
3 MB, 399x265
>>63129009
>>63129018
>>63129066
>>
>>63129103
what do I need to go verify it was in fact the 2:00 mark? I'm telling you it was quick change city.
>>
I found it to be uninteresting. I listened a few times and just kept getting bored
>>
>>63129009
I stopped checking out any new DT awhile ago. Just too much bad shit they've put out. And fuck James Labrie's dumb voice.
>>
>>63129009
Nah
>>
Cheese: The Album.
>>
>>63129145
yep verified bungle
>>
legitimately can't tell if this album is a forced meme or actually supposed to be good

just going to not listen to it and assume its meme
>>
>>63129009
One of their worst albums ever
>>
>>63129315
it just came out and DT are still huge despite waning in recent years
>>
>>63129315
It's "supposed" to be good because it's the brand new release from an acclaimed (-ish) prog band, and the first album written entirely by the most popular members of the band

And instead of being an hour-long Count Of Tuscany it's fucking 2112
>>
>>63129009
astonishing
>>
>>63129315
>legitimately can't tell if this album is a forced meme or actually supposed to be good

The idea if you see the trailer is that it reaches Tim & Eric levels of post-ironic anticomedy - unintentionally of course
>>
>>63129009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmbySC3V6U
>>
>>63129315
It's genuinely one of the worst albums I've ever heard.
>>
>>63129009
As a longtime Dream Theater fan:

No. It's so cheesy I can't even make fun of it. There's hardly anything interesting on the album to make up for the fact that it's 2 hours and change.

I wish I hadn't listened to it.
>>
Is dream theater still a thing?
>>
It's trash. I don't say that very often but Dream Theater is basically a parody of itself and prog metal as a whole by this point. The worst part is that they're completely unironic about it.
>>
>>63129009
>What's the consensus?
It's okay. Not as bad as one might think given the concept
>Worth listening to?
Hell fucking no. It's like fucking three hours man
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.