[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you find you enjoy music more when you're depressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: wakemeupp.gif (459 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
wakemeupp.gif
459 KB, 384x288
Do you find you enjoy music more when you're depressed?
>>
if by depressed you mean "tfw no gf", yeah

people with actual depression find it very hard to enjoy things
>>
Which kind of depressed

For one kind, sure

For the other kind I don't enjoy anything that isn't not moving for three days straight
>>
sometimes
>>
>>63128375
>>63128366
maybe not "enjoy" but "appreciate"
>>
>>63128341
No, not at all. I lose interest in it completely and don't connect with it emotionally at all.
>>
>>63128395

Oh

Then no. When depressed the act of eating the smallest amount of food is almost impossible. I don't enjoy anything.
>>
no op, I find it hard to get through the day because everything seems to be fucking awful but I guess I appreciate the emotional aspect of music mor because of depression
>>
>>63128395
>"enjoy" not "appreciate"
those are virtually the same thing
>>
>>63128341
Music is pretty much the only thing I like so yeah
>>
>>63128341
Sometimes I can only appreciate depressing music, like i just love listening to sad shit even if I'm the happiest mood, cause i think artists are better at conveying meaning in personal/depressing songs rather than happy ones. but it really fucks with my mood lmao
>>
File: 1453358280435.jpg (6 KB, 251x234) Image search: [Google]
1453358280435.jpg
6 KB, 251x234
>>63128341
Melancholic depression (like the 3AM type of depression), yes.
Just depression, no.
>>
ITT: people who don't know what depression is
>>
Not really related but I was listening to Benji which was making me feel sad, then out of no where BLAH BLAH BLAH KFC COLONEL SANDERS.

fuck you spotify
>>
>>63128572
Read the thread, fucking dumbass. Over half the posters here recognize that legitimate depression inhibits one's ability to enjoy things.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1221x935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1221x935
>>63128627
look
>>
>>63128638
I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD

STOP

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP

STOP FUCKING POSTING THIS
>>
No, the music I used to love which emotionally resonated within me now just leaves me empty and bored. I can't listen to anything anymore, it's just background noise. I can't read books. I can't watch movies. I just browse /mu/ halfheartedly while everybody whose lives I made worse moves on and hopefully forgets me in time.

I want to kill myself and I'm scared because I've never actually really thought about doing it until recently. I probably wont. But I still think it.
>>
>>63128649
dont talk to me or my son ever again.
>>
>>63128627
>>63128649
when will you stop pretending to be autistic

it's getting stale
>>
>>63128828
I've demonstrated not the least bit of autism in this thread so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
>>
>>63128341
Hell no. When I am truly depressed music pisses me off. Sadness doesnt count. This is sadness/meme depression:
>gf left
>stress at work/uni whatever
Real depression has no reason its a chemical imbalance in the brain. And on my worst days my fav albums do NOTHING for me. Sadness and depression are very different. Sometimes I am sad and not depressed. Being sad is a much much better feeling btw. Sadness turns into anger then you get over it. This process can feel good. Depression doesnt end. You are not sad when depressed you are numb and cant enjoy anything. Btw if you have never been depressed it is impossible for you to know that feeling
>>
>>63129951
this pretty much
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.