[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start rapping but I don't really know what to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1121x748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1121x748
I want to start rapping but I don't really know what to write about. Help me /mu/.
>>
I would suggest you write about important events in your life that has made you who you are
>>
write a concept record about your dick
>>
>>63123123
It's hard to remember a lot of that shit because I think my mind has repressed a lot of it or something. I really have no idea, maybe I should try meditation.
>>
>>63123216
honestly get high and write what comes to your mind.
>>
>>63123252
I get really depressed and have no motivation when I'm high. Trust me iv tried.
>>
pick up a magazine, get really into pop culture
you're going to have a namedrop here and there if you want mainstream attention

also figure out a unique style (could be rhyme scheme, subject content, production etc.) that you want to apply to the scene
not too unique though unless you're alright with being an underground/backpacker rapper

start learning how to produce on the side in case you aren't getting anywhere with lyrics, production saves many artists' lives
>>
Make a concept album. Could be about anything really. You can even make up a story can craft and album out of that. Its been done a bunch.
>>
DID
>>
>>63123216
What are you interested in?
>>
maybe you could rap about something really nonspecific or vague or open to interpretation
not a lot of rappers do it but a lot of older rock bands have lyrics that are just fragments of ideas
>>
>>63123216
maybe youre really boring
>>
Try and record and remember your dreams. If music is important to you it will appear in your dreams, and you will hear new music. You have to write it down as soon as you can when you wake up
>>
If you're a white kid from the suburbs, don't even bother because there's nothing interesting about you
>>
>>63123464
lol at that delete
>>
>>63123432

Not OP but I always have dreams of me freestyle rapping or making beats. Either that or playing really bluesy guitar shit and singing. I never really got it really. I kinda block out my dreams cause recently I've been having nightmares of my sexual abuse.
>>
>>63123500

Yeah sorry I was using a trip for the other thread but everyone hates trips and I thought noone would take it seriously
>>
I'm a rapper, and I just get my inspiration from metal music,science,philosophy, and my life.
Attempt to listen to something that makes you feel, like emotional (Good or bad)
>>
Rap about killing whitey and you'll become famous. It worked for Kendrick. LOL
>>
File: 1456286567774.gif (914 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
1456286567774.gif
914 KB, 500x419
>>63123505
>>
>>63123414
>>63123462
kek
>>
>>63123016
I suggest you learn an actual instrument instead of making some shit music and posting it on soundcloud

you'll get way more out of learning to play guitar and it's way less autistic
>>
>>63123216
Rap about that.
>>
>>63123016
Rap about nothing there's an art to that like Isaiah rashad he raps but the lyrics are so broad they can mean anything
>>
File: hm.png (77 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
77 KB, 236x236
>>63123216
I'll start you off, senpai. I know I'm shit, but it's for fun for me.

Sex addict, bedlocked. Held down like bedrock.
Sex with me is like the Terminator, "I'll be back".
>>
File: Terence Mckenna.jpg (194 KB, 670x812) Image search: [Google]
Terence Mckenna.jpg
194 KB, 670x812
>>63123016
>I don't really know what to write about
the best rappers write about 'what they see'. Just write about what you see, anon. What is 'real' to you.
>>
If you don't know what you want to write and rap about then you just shouldn't.
If you force it you'll sound retarded. You're not meant to be a rapper, do something else.
If you have some melodies in your head, maybe try producing.
>>
>>63123201
fucking kek
instead of "track 1" etc call them "inch 1"
>>
I have a few raps written about being a shut-in loser, would people listen to that?
>>
>>63123414
>>63123216
>>63123123
>>63123016
Look at Earl Sweatshirt and Mac Miller, they didn't grow up in the hood with daily struggles or a Kendrick-like story

But they just talk about minor life occurrences or literally just metaphoric rhyme scemes/gibberish
>>
>>63126687
>muh daddy issues
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.