[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fragile > Close To The Edge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: folder.jpg (165 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
165 KB, 500x500
Fragile > Close To The Edge
>>
File: mike-oldfield-ommadawn-front.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mike-oldfield-ommadawn-front.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
Ommadawn > Tubular Bells
>>
>>63115936
Yes
>>
File: JethroTull-albums-benefit.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
JethroTull-albums-benefit.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
Benefit > Aqualung
>>
>>63115936
Ya more varied material but ctte is still god tier
>>
Holy shit, fuck you.
>>
>>63115936
I don't think it makes logical sense to compare the two in terms of straight up quality but I guess whatever floats your boat, anon
>>
>>63115936
The only reason you said this was to be novel. If Fragile really were better than Close to the Edge, you'd have no reason to say this.
>>
File: folder.jpg (174 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
174 KB, 500x500
Relayer > Everything
>>
>>63116383
True
Also Tales is super underrated
>>
>>63116409
Tales is their true masterpiece.
>>
>>63115957
King Crimson is better
>>
>>63116383
>>63116409
Both of those albums are reaching higher than what they were capable of in an attempt to retain what they had achieved with Close to the Edge, neither sounding as natural and effortless as Close to the Edge. With Close to the Edge, Yes were at the height of their capabilities and were able to fully express what was within them. With the two albums that followed, they were trying to hold on to what they had done. Close to the Edge has the lyric, "I get up, I get town." The two album that followed were like them saying, "No! I don't get down! I stay up!"
>>
>>63116613
*"I get up, I get down."
>>
>>63116613
I think it's just that CttE's aesthetic was more focused on creating something monolithic whilst Tales was an attempt towards making a spiritually rich trip of an album and Relayer is basically them turning all knobs to 11 i m o
>>
>am a giant Floyd and Crimson fan
>haven't ever listened to Close to the Edge

what do
>>
>>63116870
Kill yourself.
>>
File: MI0001553765.jpg (24 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
MI0001553765.jpg
24 KB, 400x394
The Yes Album > Fragile
>>
>>63117761
This is actually right though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.