[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'This guy is going to go down in history as one of the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Kendrick.jpg (156 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick.jpg
156 KB, 1366x768
'This guy is going to go down in history as one of the most cherished and influential musicians of all time, and when he does I can say I was part of that era, when hip hop and music in general was revolutionised!'

Are Kendrick fans the worst on this board? I think I actually stomach the Kanye fans more at this stage. By the way I like his albums, but he attracts the most desperate of music snobs
>>
>>63110333
I hate how people act like this dude spitting coffee shop poetry over "jazzy" production is like the second coming of Jesus. People get mad at him for telling black people to stop killing each other though lmao
>>
I guess all it takes is one artist with some original tracks to be considered a true hero and pioneer of our time. I like his music too, and some parts of his message, but I agree that the praise is getting out of hand.
>>
>>63110409
Why did you put quotes around jazzy? Are you implying it isn't? In some parts of TPAB he is literally rapping over free jazz.
>>
>>63110501
>I listen to all sorts of jazz: Miles Davis, John Coltrane. The list goes on.
>>
>>63110333
Kendrick fans are getting worse and worse. That said, Kanye fans are still probably the most annoying on this board ever since TLOP album cycle started. Pitchfork gives a rapper a 9+ and then everyone on this board waxes poetic about him.
>>
>>63110680
Are you trying to prove something with this garbage meme text?
>>
File: 1426155215523.jpg (40 KB, 550x552) Image search: [Google]
1426155215523.jpg
40 KB, 550x552
>>63110757
You don't listen to Jazz.
#1: You believe Kendrick Lamar is really pushing new ground with "jazz" instruments in hip-hop.
#2: You believe that the instrumentation is some new form of jazz and is really pushing new ground for jazz, when in reality it's pretty uninspired, dull and is really there to brainwash fans and make them believe #1.

Just another white, sub urban teen going through a phase. And has obviously never listened to hip-hop from the 80s or the 90s.
>>
>>63110853
I wasn't even implying any of this, you illiterate fucking retard. All I said was that his production is actually jazz-oriented, so it doesn't makes sense to use scare-quotes.
>>
>>63110333
>Are Kendrick fans the worst on this board?

>>63110686
>Kendrick fans are getting worse and worse.

This isn't a Kendrick issue - it's a teenager issue. Half of this board is young as fuck.
>>
>By the way I like his albums, but he attracts the most desperate of music snobs
not ironic
>>
>>63110977
you literally don't know what free jazz is you insufferable stupid cunt. that's the point. you and all the other Kendrick meme fans are the kind of fuckers who defend his jazz production chops and Kamasi Washington is your like idol of jazz's next step. stop. go listen to actual jazz instead of this fucking wank.
>>
>>63110977

>scare-quotes

lol hi rebbit :D
>>
They're cucks because they're teens
>>
File: 1444250610124.jpg (107 KB, 719x575) Image search: [Google]
1444250610124.jpg
107 KB, 719x575
>>63110333
>>63110977
>>63111044
>>63111222
checked
>>
No one says that you shit head. No one knows how our music will be remembered because our music culture and industry is weird as shit.
>>
>>63110680
>expects to be taken seriously when genuinely uses memes as arguements
are you autistic
>>
anti-Kendrick fans are infinitely worse

every fanbase on this board treats the band they fawn over like they're extremely influential and incredible etc. and if you don't agree or don't like the band then you just leave them be for the most part, there are AnCo generals and shit that go relatively untouched by outsiders trying to troll

every Kendrick thread I ever see on this board is started by some troll with OOGA BOOGA and a ridiculous amount of shitposting, I mean if you don't like Kendrick and shit then why not just ignore the threads like you do all the others and let his fans have their discussion and circlejerk? why does it bother you so much that people like this artist in particular and think he's really good?
>>
>>63111104
It's cute that you want to pretend you're some connoisseur of jazz and throw assumptions at me "point" without making an actual argument. Keep it up.

By the way, I actually do listen to jazz, and probably a lot more than you.
>>
File: i-dont-know.jpg (15 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
i-dont-know.jpg
15 KB, 500x280
>>63111326
you ain't wrong
>>
>>63111339
*to make a "point"
>>
>>63111339
>>63111104

This is obvious cause for a jazz-off
>>
>>63111326
>if you don't like Kendrick and shit then why not just ignore the threads

Because people that like Kendrick are like tripfags. They don't care whether or not they're being total idiots, they like feeling cool. They need to be shouted down or else they'll continue to prop up the shittiest music industry we've ever had, and it's always been shitty.
>>
>>63111104
>ok just found out about 4chan's music board!
>visiting for the first time I better try to fit in
>let's see...
>ah this opinion seems to be widely held and the guy posting is obviously very angry like me
>I'll copy-paste this opinion without thinking for myself and finally fit in!
>ahhhh 4chan the sweet repose for my normie hating, friendless soul
>>
>>63111111
>>
>>63111394
>shitposting on 4chan is actively impacting the music industry
holy fuck the autism, go back to highschool you retarded shithead
>>
>>63111311
Have you been away from this board for the last week?
>>
>>63110333

>'This guy is going to go down in history as one of the most cherished and influential musicians of all time, and when he does I can say I was part of that era, when hip hop and music in general was revolutionised!'

this statement is entirely true though
>>
>>63111581
status of butthurt posts: incoming
>>
>>63111394

>the shittiest music industry we've ever had

le born in the wrong generation
>>
>>63111457
Nope, I'm well aware of the hype for Kendrick but NO ONE claims this, not even his biggest dick riders. Even a casual Kanye stan will try to convince you Ye is the most important musical figure of all time, but Kenny's hardcore fanbase isn't that retarded.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.