[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is saying the beatles are overrated the most patheticly rehashed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1457213152064.png (141 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1457213152064.png
141 KB, 439x290
Is saying the beatles are overrated the most patheticly rehashed attempt at being edgy/a contrarian?
>>
liking the beatles is post-contrarian
>>
They're still great songwriters.

Overrated has more to do with the fans than with the music itself.
>>
>>63109725
at this point liking the beatles makes you contrarian
>>
>>63109996
thanks for repeating what i just said >>63109925
>>
>i am 16 and my class just discovered the beatles
>how can i be more unique

are these the questions you came to ask op?
>>
>>63110042
there were no replys when i posted i hadnt updated the browser
>>
>>63109725
No, it's a correct statement if you're an intelligent adult.

They're also great, BTW
>>
say you like the george harrison album cause it owns and then the trolls will look like the newbies, it works every time
>>
>>63110063
>i'm over the age of 18 and i think liking or disliking certain music makes me more mature
>>
>>63110519
We might mention it was recorded by a murderer and had way too much filler.
>>
>>63109725
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>63110727
Oh what instrument do you play again?
>>
File: lusty_negro_attitudes.png (131 KB, 293x308) Image search: [Google]
lusty_negro_attitudes.png
131 KB, 293x308
>>63110727
>little child
>little child
>little child, won't you dance with me?
>>
File: thefacthat.jpg.png (63 KB, 349x224) Image search: [Google]
thefacthat.jpg.png
63 KB, 349x224
>>63110727
>>63110817
end this meme please
>>
>>63110552
but it does

people under 18 usually cant form their own opinions so they just bandwagon hop or copy generic contranian opinions. see: /v/
>>
If you like the Beatles by now you're a contrarian, plebeian and patrician at the same time. Jesus.
>>
>>63109725
i dont know anymore, i feel like if you grew up with the beatles you tend to appreciate them more and theres nothing wrong with that.
im only 21 and i listened to all the albums that people say are amazing and i only like 1 or 2 songs on each one.
its just people trying to fit in/age difference/ and taste
>>
File: 13376753.jpg (19 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
13376753.jpg
19 KB, 505x431
>>63111375
so, people have high regard for the beatles so i can't enjoy their music without being immature?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.