[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is hip hop considered a serious genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (156 KB, 596x590) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156 KB, 596x590
Almost all of the most critically acclaimed hip hop artists like Kendrick, Biggie, and Nas have little to no musical talent. They don't know how to play an instrument or even properly compose a song. They are just a bunch of niggers howling about drugs money and women over beats they didn't make.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
Here if anyone ever actually needed a shitposting template

How is *genre* considered a serious genre?
Almost all of the most critically acclaimed *genre* artists like *artists* have little to no musical talent. They don't know how to play an instrument or even properly compose a song. They are just a bunch of *slur* howling about drugs money and women over *musical component* they didn't make.
>>
>>63109681

How is /mu/ considered a serious board?
Almost all of the most critically acclaimed shitposters like Montie have little to no meming talent. They don't know how to make an image macro or even properly compose charts. They are just a bunch of neckbeard faggots howling about Kanye, the Beatles, and Carly Rae over memes they didn't make.
>>
>>63109681
>How is jazz considered a serious genre?
Almost all of the most critically acclaimed jazz artists like Mingus, Coltrane and Eric Dolphy have little to no musical talent. They don't know how to play an instrument or even properly compose a song. They are just a bunch of n*ggers howling about drugs money and women over improvised sax solos they didn't make.

Eh, didn't work.
>>
>>63109681
that only applies to hip hop though
>>
>>63109681
Nah, it only work with rap
>>
>>63109529

This is like when people say:

>How is modern art taken seriously, it takes no talent to throw paint at a canvas

Luckily, not everyone thinks instrumental skill is the be all and end all of music. Go back to your Dream Theater safe space.
>>
>>63110153
But that is correct...
>>
>>63110286
It's about expressing ideas rather than technical skill.
>>
>>63109681
Why would you use it for anything other than hip hop?
>>
>>63110307
that's fucking stupid and arrogant and a waste of money
>>
>>63110354
A waste of money how, exactly?
>>
How is New Complexity considered a serious genre?
Almost all of the most critically acclaimed New Complexity artists like Brian Ferneyhough and Michael Finnissy have little to no musical talent. They don't know how to play an instrument or even properly compose a song. They are just a bunch of *slur* howling about drugs money and women over complexity they didn't make.
>>
>>63110375
auctions you idiot
>>
>>63110389
Who gives a shit about the people who buy it? That has little to no bearing on the quality of the art?
>>
>>63109529
I agree with this on some level, but at the end of the day, even though it requires very little technical skill or music theory for them to create their songs compared to say jazz or classical or prog rock, the songs still sound good. And that's all I truly care about
>>
>>63109792
Those hacks cant make a song, they just wank
>>
>>63109529
Whats real if our perception of things to like is often manipulated by a collective hierarchy? Support what you like and respect other peoples taste in stuff..
>>
>>63110402
what quality?
>>
>>63110153
modern art is shit that's a bad comparison
>>
>>63110458
Depends on the piece.
>>
I can't believe there is a thread where people actually agree that rap is garbage
is /mu/ becoming a good board again?
>>
>>63110354
>it's a waste of money
I think it's better when some big company waste some money on a fucking black kid from Houston who don't understand what is happening to him, and start to stupidly rap about coke and hoes, than when they waste money to lobby some useless laws against downloading shit on the internet, or even our governments spent a shit load of tax-payers money killing human beings in Irak and ended up creating fucking ISIS.
>>
>>63110574
http://www.oddee.com/item_98781.aspx
look over this list and tell me it's not a waste
>>
>>63109529
>They don't know how to play an instrument or even properly compose a song
What is the proper way to compose a song?
>>
>>63110646
What does it matter how much some moron wants to spend (of their own money, mind you)? If anything the money is going into more responsible hands.
>>
>>63109529

craftsmanship =/= art
>>
>>63110389
So you admit the art has value?
>>
>>63110682
Governments spend money on art all the time in fact in 2012 where I live the government spent a million dollars of tax payers money on an elephant statue...Not joking
>>
>>63110715
Do you pay taxes?
>>
>>63110153
>>63110465
>>63110458
>>63110307

modern art is about making something new rather than something beautiful or expressive, ignorant faggots.

for instance, some of those in >>63110646 are shit because they were already be done by someone else (and also because they are made of literal shit desu).
>>
>>63109529
But its 'diverse' and 'different' and its a part of their 'culture'.

We have to celebrate other cultures Anon, just because Europeans invented modern music, and standard notation, and almost every instrument and scale that is commonly played today, that doesn't mean that European music is superior to a chimp ooga boogaing into a microphone, which Europeans also invented, it just means that its a different approach to music that doesn't conform to our preconceived colonialist notions of what makes music good, but it's just as valid and good as a masterfully performed and meticulously composed orchestral piece.

You don't want to be a racist now do you Anon?
>>
>>63110574
search about cultural marxism and you will see both of the choices are the same.

>go to /pol/
you also talk about /pol/ like stuff in your post
>>
We should have a /prod/ board to minimize the amount of idiots and kpop threads
>>
>>63110646
>muh waste of money
I hope you are against capitalism, or else your argument is useless.
You are free to sell canned shit as long as it sells. If you can generate hype around your shitty product, it will work.
And big guys in suits think this is a good thing, as long as some capital gain is involved in the process and in the grand scheme of things.
Even the computer you use right now is a waste of money in some ways, because some engineers worked hard to make sure it will break in a few years (it is called planned obsolescence).
Everything, hence, is a waste of money.
>>
>>63110957
>We should have a /prod/ board to minimize the amount of idiots and kpop threads

No we shouldnt.

By your logic only smart kids should go to school, because the stupid kids will make harder to the smart kids learn.

We should stay here with them and with it make them learn stuff, if we go to some containiment board, they will continue to be "idiots" (as you say) or whateaver, because they wont have no one to say "you are stupid" or whateaver.

>"but if we have out containiment board, why we would care if the people from the other board is stupid or not, we are at your own board?"
First because stuff usually spread to other boards.
Second because life is not only /mu/.
Third the reason that no one help those idiots you talk about is the reason they exist on the first place. And if they stay with themselfs the problem is even bigger. Good look being born on a indigenous tribe and after you become an adult try to write a book about quantum phisics.
>>
>>63110903
Does it really annoy you so much that people enjoy fun music that you have to turn it into a race thing?
Your average rock record is literally no better than hip-hop when it comes to musical expression.
>>
>>63110914
>le cultural marxism
Cultural Marxism is a meme, made by neo-cons who still believe in cold war-era memes, and try recycle them in this era.
Marx had nothing to do with contemporary identity politics bullshit, it was mostly about working-class people and how they get fucked by capital owners.
The modern social-justice shit is bourgeois as fuck. Listen to Stereolab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKfJEv3SreQ

And yeah, when that kid raps about coke and hoes, and is promoted by fucking Warner Bros., it encourages materialistic shallowness among working-class guys who are into rap, sure, and I think it sucks.
But from times to times, they might promote more conscious rappers, I guess, because, hey, it sells.
I don't know, I don't like hip-hop that much.
And even, if that kid is after that able to give a bit of money to his family and friends, and then starts to say afterwards "hey, sorry, I fucked up when I was rapping about vapid shit like that, I didn't understand what was going on, I was 17", I think it's slightly better than just giving that money to corrupted lawyers who will push their shitty agenda like "we should monitor everyone who browse the internet to make sure they don't download any Prince music". I mean, those fucking hacks don't need that money.
>>
>>63110646
Define waste.
I mean, luxury food items like caviar can be seen as a waste, or bubble baths, or expensive audio equipment, or television, really most things that exist are technically "a waste". Most things today exist just to move money around and in the end create more "value".

Are you living in a small apartment with just a bed and a kitchen, and working in engineering or medicine, eating vegan and only drinking water? If not, you're wasting resources on unnecessary things and should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>63109529
This is taking me back to when I was 14 years old too.

If you're over 18 you probably need to kill yourself tbqh
>>
>>63111054
if it was the nigger hittting the white guy while he was down you'd all be crying
>>
>>63111054
Thanks, your video reminded me how fucking stupid the human race is.
>>
>>63109529
i used to think rap is fucking stupid but if you just listen to it to relax or in the car its fun to listen to.
not everything has to be musically challenging or well written to be fun to listen to.
>>
>>63112028
>>>/pol/
>>
>>63109681
The shitposting on /mu/ starting kit!
>>
File: top notch v.2.jpg (38 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
top notch v.2.jpg
38 KB, 800x500
>>63109777
>>
>>63112028
That fat white fuck looks no better than a dog humping your leg or pissing on your shoes if you ask me.
It's just a fucking stupid animal doing stupid animal shit. I'm sure you would ask that guy where Poland is on a map, and he would say "lol is that some kind of snack or something ?"
I never needed to fight since I was in middle-school because of my wits.
>>
File: CyFyMRL[1].jpg (257 KB, 800x1199) Image search: [Google]
CyFyMRL[1].jpg
257 KB, 800x1199
>>63112191
> I'm sure you would ask that guy where Poland is on a map, and he would say "lol is that some kind of snack or something ?"
>I never needed to fight since I was in middle-school because of my wits.
>>
>>63112226
Sorry, I'm not a virgin like you, red-pilled beta nerd.
>>
>>63112256
>Sorry, I'm not a virgin like you, red-pilled beta nerd.
>>
>>63109529
why do white 4chan dudes love the word "properly" as if that means anything at all in this context
>>
File: costanza.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>63112289
At least I'm a Handsome Young Man™ :^)
>>
>>63112310
Autists don't understand the world outside of the rules of conduct they've learnt. Anything outside those rules is "improper" and unacceptable.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.