[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question. How do you guys actually listen to stuff like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1381785428644.jpg (79 KB, 400x452) Image search: [Google]
1381785428644.jpg
79 KB, 400x452
Serious question. How do you guys actually listen to stuff like death metal? I mean I can understand people developing a liking for noise but how would listening to some guy scream for 60 mins with blast beats in the background sound pleasing, let alone comfortable? Even listening to milder stuff (e.g deafheaven) hurt my ears, the guy screaming doesn't make sense.
>>
>How do you guys actually listen to stuff like death metal?

With my ears

what a stupid question
>>
It takes time to get used to it. I hated death metal when I was younger, "it's just a guy scremmin lol its just shit" etc., but with time I found stuff to enjoy in it. Kind of hard to explain, but I'm more of a fan of grindcore than death metal overall. I find Napalm Death, early Carcass and Insect Warfare great for studying to.
>>
ever treid Duying Fetus -Reign Supreme?
Its good to get into it.
Blastbeats are for atmosphere, I dont like it if they are dominating, and if percussion is loud, it should be good it should be varied.
>>
I dig pop metal as the elitists would say. I dig some meathead riffs. I dig grooves. I dig some big choruses.

Cannot get into the more extreme genres though. Beyond Creation was the latest shit i tried - i dug it because theres some beautiful moments in that cd and the bassist stands the fuck out with his fretless.

But yeah - i'd say 75 percent of it sounded like ass.

But shit like Gojira, Lamb of God, Pantera, etc... i can bump.

But i can't bump that shit around elitist metal heads without them getting smug as fuck because they stockholm syndromed themselves into like the extreme shit.
>>
>>63108516
Dying
>>
Let's take sunbather for example. It's very mild compared to the other extreme metal albums. I really tried to get into it but I got turned off but the screams; they sounded pretentious. I'm a huge fan of post rock and certain bits of that album gave off a gybe feel which I dig but got turned off because the guy's yelling made my ears sore
>>
Well first I got into hc, post hc and grindcore.
I'm not really into a lot of death metal but I can enjoy stuff like Gorguts.
Deafheaven is more of a crossover bm/shoegaze band btw, so it really is easier on the ears than any death metal I've heard.
>>
>>63108518
>But shit like Gojira, Lamb of God, Pantera, etc... i can bump.
please die so you can stop leeching off society and slowing down the evolutionary progress, retard.
>>
People in this thread are all reviling in being a bunch of ignorant cunts.
>>
>>63108603
Point proven.

Sall good though - i'll keep bumpin shit i dig cause yall nerds ain't controlling shit about me.
>>
>>63108619
enlighten us with your wisdom then mate
>>
>>63108552
I really tried to get into it but I got turned off but the screams; they sounded pretentious.
Please explain to me how screams can sound pretentious
>>
>>63108603
Darwin's headbanging in his grave over that one oh baby
Edgy as heck
>>
The EDM equivalent of death metal is dubstep

>hurr I like loud, heavy, garish noises

>>63108552
>screaming is pretentious

wat
>>
With black metal there are melody and atmosphere to enjoy. Same with old school death to a lesser degree, but yeah, brutal death metal is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>63108518
>I don't like stuff so other people just pretend to like stuff

How you can survive dangers of everyday life is beyond me.
>>
>>63109215
Pro tip: I can't?

Am i doing this right?
>>
>>63108424
>I can understand x, but why in the world are you interested in y?!

Just fuck off, you people are some of the most uncontributing, unnecessary, and shitty posters on this board
>>
> I mean I can understand people developing a liking for noise but how would listening to some guy scream for 60 mins with blast beats in the background sound pleasing, let alone comfortable

You're just a pleb, OP. You wouldn't understand in one thousand years.
>>
>>63108424
Listen to this, it's just pop music with slightly harsher vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCtjAmtIGf0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYIyFHzRW0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZmK2ZWBxQc
>>
>>63108424
>>63109096

Hello PMrants
>>
File: 1455733161783.jpg (76 KB, 757x451) Image search: [Google]
1455733161783.jpg
76 KB, 757x451
Serious question.How do you guys actually listen to stuff like jazz?I mean I can understand people developing a like for blues but how would listening to some guy sing a saxophone for 60 minutes with cymbals in the background sound pleasing, let alone not boring?Even listening to milder stuff (e.g Charles Mingus) bores my ears, the hitting the cymbal doesn't make sense.

Also people who like death metal probably listened to the other genres of metal before that so they heard every level of heaviness before trying DM.
>>
>>63108424
>Serious question. How do you guys actually listen to stuff like death metal?
Many people here listen to harsh stuff in a way, venetian snares, merzbow, sunn (o))) aren't less harsh than most death metal.

>I mean I can understand people developing a liking for noise but how would listening to some guy scream for 60 mins with blast beats in the background sound pleasing let alone comfortable?
Firstly good death metal albums are often shorter.
Secondly there aren't much albums with 60mins of blast beat
Thirdly >>63109592
>Also people who like death metal probably listened to the other genres of metal before that so they heard every level of heaviness before trying DM.

When i started listening to metal i didn't think a minute that None so vile would be one of my favorite metal albums.

>Even listening to milder stuff (e.g deafheaven) hurt my ears, the guy screaming doesn't make sense.
deafheaven is blackgaze though

check these, you're obviously not forced to like them but it can give you an other take on death metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDSbZUKMvtI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5RQ2IXPRpk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtnlzp-e3rc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_cn9TVSi2o
>>
>>63108424
I didn't realize sunbather had any lyrics until I looked it up. I honestly just heard unintelligible screaming the whole time. Could not understand a single word, even when listening with the lyrics.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.