[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: albums.jpg (53 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
albums.jpg
53 KB, 600x300
Which is better?
>>
kendrick no contest although I honestly havent had a head to head yet
>>
>>63108155
Easily Kenny, TLOP is Ye's worst album
>>
The Life of Pablo is garbage and Kendrick's one is pretty damn good so
>>
Kendrick crushes, writes amazing lyrics whether like social commentary shit or introspective personal shit or just typical rapper 'I'm the best out here' shit it doesn't matter he crushes it all like it ain't no thing, with sick flow, amazing live performance, guy is Steph Curry of rap, will change the game forever.
>>
UU
>>
Better question:

Who's worse, Kanyefags or Kendrickspammers?
>>
File: 1405150827183.gif (3 MB, 472x360) Image search: [Google]
1405150827183.gif
3 MB, 472x360
>>63108155
Kendrick's leftovers desu senpai, baka
>>
>>63108167
>>63108203
>>63108476
>>63108508
Man remember when everyone said that Kanye was going to blow Kendrick out of the water?
>>
lol guys remember when no one respected this kind of trash?
>>
>>63108579
rap is the new rock and roll and is only culturally relevant genre of music
>>
>>63108155
I prefer Kendrick's new release, though I don't think either are great. I'll sooner relisten to UU than I will TLoP.
>>
>>63108625

That's maybe the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Rap, by and large, is a less interesting and lower-brow genre of music. I'm comparing the pioneers of rock and roll with the pioneers of rap, which means I'm comparing people that learned how to play instruments and create music to people that only expended just enough energy to learn how to copy and paste other people's work into repetitive pseudo songs.
>>
>>63108677

It's fucking bait you retard. How the fuck can you not see that?
>>
>>63108155
I don't know why /mu/ always has to do this. They're two completely different genres, it's apples to oranges. One is a hip-hop album, the other is disgusting trash. Fucking /mu/
>>
File: 1353218074622.png (62 KB, 504x497) Image search: [Google]
1353218074622.png
62 KB, 504x497
>>63108700

>tripfag calling someone a retard
>>
>>63108700
it's not bait

and i meant culturally relevant right now, no other genre is as big or as impactful as a rap or hip-hop currently is
>>
>>63108778

And just how exactly are you judging this? By how many of your faggot friends on Facebook are posting about Kanyick? What makes it culturally relevant? Whining about being black and how white people suck? How great it is to be a dumb gangsta fuck? What is impactful about someone rhythmically shouting over a repetitive beat?
>>
>>63108700
name one current rock band that's as musicaly and culturally relevant
>>
>>63108894

Musically and culturally relevant to WHO?

Just because memerap is popular among the people that shout about it the most doesn't mean it's quality art.
>>
>>63108875
I guess, he is trying to say that rap is the biggest genre right now. Which is true.
>>
>>63108927

I would argue that pop is the biggest genre and will continue to be. Both suck as much as anything can possibly suck. They're both phases, most people listening to them will realize at some point in their life that they were just following the pack and wanted something on in the background while they played beer pong.
>>
>>63108923
relevant to the general populace

>>63108962
pop and rap go hand-in-hand nowadays
>>
>>63108875
You're listening to the wrong hip-hop
>>
>>63108923
>doesn't mean it's quality art

And why would rock band #4572 be quality art in comparison?
>>
>>63109001
are you seriously going to tell me that Kendrick or Kanye have contributed as much as Dave Grohl or Freddie Mercury to the history of music
>>
>>63108986
>pop and rap go hand-in-hand nowadays
this. rappers tend to do the singing hooks nowadays and in pop songs there's usually the featuring nigger rapper.
>>
>>63108962

>*tips fedora*
>>
>>63109041
Yep. Moreso than Dave Grohl.
>>
>>63108537
I love Kendrick, but Kendrickspammers make my blood boil, they're so annoying. Ex. The Rolling Stone (magazine), Reddit, and basically everywhere.
>>
>>63109041

The only good stuff Dave grohl has done has been with QOTSA. Freddie Mercury is good but queen is overrated garbage.
>>
>>63109041
Did they contribute as much as a replaceable member of a copycat grunge band who went on to capitalize on his buddy's suicide with a shitty meme band? Certainly. Mercury is more debatable as he was certainly an innovative songwriter, but then, how many bands do you hear these days working off a Queen-ish sound? Seems like Mercury's impact has been relegated to his own legacy and not much more.
>>
>>63109001

Not saying it would be. Most rock is just as dried up and repetitive as hip hop and pop. That being said, people playing real instruments and actually singing requires more talent and work than copying and pasting other people's work.

>>63108987

lol nope. Show me hip hop that isn't essentially 3 minutes of the same beat with some dumbfuck talking over it in a hood accent.

>>63108986

>relevant to the general populace

How?? How is rap being put out but a handful of either very rich celebrities or very hood niggas going to be relevant to a general populace that is generally white, middle class people? Oh - I know - if the white, middle class people think it makes them cool to listen to it. Got it.
>>
One doesn't sound like a complete mess
One actually flows nicely into the next track
One isn't even titled and mastered

Kendrick is the winner.
>>
>>63109112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI-DRbf_AZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1XouH9FTk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO1Tmr5S2BQ

This is some of the best the genre has to offer, but them again I guess I can't really change your opinion if you have such a close-minded opinion on it.
>>
File: ceb.jpg (25 KB, 680x445) Image search: [Google]
ceb.jpg
25 KB, 680x445
>>63109112
>Show me hip hop that isn't essentially 3 minutes of the same beat with some dumbfuck talking over it in a hood accent.

Jesus this tired old shit again
>>
>>63109112
you keep comparing talent to relevancy and you just don't get it. no one stays up to see a new animal collective album and drop like the way they do to see a new Kanye or Kendrick track, let alone an album, drop
>>
>>63109228

And you keep trying to make it sound like a good thing that people are anxiously awaiting the drop of a new steaming pile of shit. Don't you think there might be a huge money machine behind all these people "linking" shitty music? Of course Animal Collective doesn't get a tenth of the media attention Kanyick gets - they're too "weird" for the industry to capitalize on and they don't outwardly attempt to cash in on the current SJW climate that surrounds literally everything right now. On the other hand, they can spend millions to convince people that they actually want to buy complete shit because it will make them seem cool. Rap is almost entirely about image.

>>63109213

Not even bait. Funny because that's exactly what I say whenever I hear about a new Kanyick track.

>>63109202

>Nas - LITERALLY the same fucking beat for 3 minutes 22 seconds. Rapping about typical bullshit
>Mos Def - also LITERALLY the same beat for 4 minutes once he gets his stupid mumbling out of the way and starts his generic rap verses

Not even listening to the GZA because you've got to be joking.
>>
pablo but tpab is better than both and mbdtf is better than all
>>
>>63108677
>a twang a lang a lang
>"where'd my baby go she broke my heart"
>clang a lang a lang
>"I read Ulysses"

wow rock and roll is really cool and good music and totally badass as well as super deep! look at him strum the strummers in different ways and hit the sound circles so fast!
>>
>>63110084
ktt get out

>>63109566
oh man reddit GTFO and go back to your anco dance party
>>
>>63110179
>implying im from a board full of 13 yo white kids

stop projecting
>>
>>63108625
but to be culturally relevant is to follow a hugely boring tradition in art
>>
>>63110413
you're right anon, everything you like is good and everything black people do is bad. Things people like are bad. Much better nobody likes it. Success and appeal are boring. Must be no niggers too.
>>
Kendrick. It feels alot more cohesive as well as being alot more concise.
>>
>>63108537
Even in 2015+1 kanye fans are the worst
>>
>>63108155
as fans of ye and kdot both albums are pretty disappointing, and I don't think I will be listening to either album in 5 years. At least we didn't wait 3 years for a shitty album from kendrick
>>
>>63109213
that picture isn't even close to 1080p
>>
>>63110161

>BOOM BOOM CLAP, A BOOM BOOM CLAP
>SUMTHIN BOUT MY NIGGAS AND MONEY AND HOOD SHIT YEAH
>BOOM BOOM CLAP
>BOOM BOOM CLAP
>"I DON'T READ"

wow rap is really cool and good music and totally badass as well as super deep! look at him copy and paste that music other people made into new and innovative patterns!
>>
desu senpai baka
>>
>>63108155
I'm not a big fan of Kenny but TLOP is absolute trash so Untitled Unmastered wins by default.
>>
>>63111295
both genres can be watered to down to something like this but the fact is that rap and hip hope have a bigger influence on us than ever before
>>
Tlop
>>
>>63112774

Just because an industry is dumping cash behind something doesn't mean it's influential or good
>>
>>63108155
The Life of Pablo is like a corn filled diarrhea shit compared to untitled unmastered
>>
>tfw Kanye pushed TLOP back because of TPAB and turns out Kendrick's random demos are way better than Kanye's album
>>
>>63108707
underrated post
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.