[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that first album coming, /mu/? Ya hangin' in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: YxFljbq.gif (27 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
YxFljbq.gif
27 KB, 206x245
How's that first album coming, /mu/?

Ya hangin' in there?

Managing to get it together around your day job?
>>
>>63104797
i hate this cuz its true
>>
File: violentfemmes-306-1363701551.jpg (127 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
violentfemmes-306-1363701551.jpg
127 KB, 306x306
>>
>>63104797
lel i'm unemployed af. I get to write/record whenever i want.
>>
>>63106106
Do you?
>>
>>63106113
gotta wait til after three in the goddamn morning to record my vocals because i do louder style singing. I do all of 'em in my car. So it sucks recording in the winter.
>>
File: Maschine.jpg (222 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Maschine.jpg
222 KB, 1200x1200
>>63104797
I'm really getting the hang of my Maschine together with NI Komplete. Mostly I've been making beats but I'm really learning a lot about programming synths, too.
>>
>day job?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbXSiEXqG5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUrkkSWOezI
>>
>>63106106
This.

Too bad my producer takes 3 weeks to turn over a song.
>>
Is it ever too late to learn an instrument?

How long does it take to be breddy jud with the guitar?
>>
>>63106130

Hey man, I've been using maschine for a while now. I just recently got recommended the program "Melodics" which is free. It teaches you to do finger drumming and it's been pretty good. It builds rhythm so you can play complex drum patterns which I've been using with my beats and it's been good. Check it out, the majority of it is free.
>>
>>63106730

Never too late bruh. Don't let society make you conform to their ideals.
>>
>>63106730
Depends. You want to do cover songs? You can figure that out in about three months with tabs.

You want to actually write? It's going to take you a while to find your sound. Took me six years to find my tuning/voice.

That aside - it depends on how much time into practicing.

There's a video up on youtube of a chick showing her progress with a violin over the course of a year - and she gets pretty damn good.
>>
>>63106787
Practice is gonna be hard because wagekek

Do I need a teacher or is self teaching an option?
>>
>>63106750
Thank you I will definitely check that out. What do you think about sites like Maschine Masters? Is it worth the money?
>>
>>63106808
that's all on you, man. but a teacher wouldn't hurt. I picked up a lot of bad habits by going at my own pace. A teacher could help you avoid that. You could probably even pass me up at figuring shit out by ear if you get the help.

I can hear when shits out of tune but i can't learn other people's shit to save my life.

But if you want to jam to some shit i'd look into rocksmith. Haven't played it myself but it looks legit enough.
>>
>>63106808
Self teaching is absolutely a viable option, but if you can't dedicate time to practicing regularly, you should just hire a teacher. Generally, it will take longer to learn if you're doing it on your own.
>>
>>63106808
get someone to teach you. it's not about money, it's about time, which is more valuable than money
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.