[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/'s thoughts on this album or Neon Indian in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: neon-indian-album.png (619 KB, 800x803) Image search: [Google]
neon-indian-album.png
619 KB, 800x803
>>
what's with the nihongo on this cover every time
>>
>>63103429
Psychic Chasms pretty gr8, everything else pretty meh/half enjoyable.
>>
>>63103429
This album is a blast desu.
>>
all his albums are pretty solid and have a distinct vibe, it feels like he only cares about half the tracks and then just throws some shit together to pad out the album
also era extrana doesn;t get enough love, it has some really great tracks on it
>>
>>63103429
Its okay not great, some filler tracks. Still worth listening to.
>>
>>63103429
era extrana is his only album i enjoy, but i really love it
>>
File: 420.gif (3 MB, 536x520) Image search: [Google]
420.gif
3 MB, 536x520
one time i was running one of my late night experimental radio shows and some dude called in and said

"YO
COULD YOU PLAY THAT NEW DANK NEON INDIAN SONG???"

"yeah sure i mean stay tuned and i might work it into the set or someth-"

"PUFF A BLUNT BRO!!!!"

and he hung up
>>
Neon Indian is perfect. Polish girl was one of the first songs that started the music taste I have now. This particular album isn't that great, in my opinion.
>>
>>63103429
fantastic album, one of the best of 2015.
>>
File: 1452439234754.jpg (40 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1452439234754.jpg
40 KB, 640x426
he will literally never top Vega intl night school
>>
>>63103889

He's only gonna get better dude...
>>
>>63103456
this, psychic chasms was a 9/10, fun album. Everything else has been like a 7/10
>>
The album itself is pretty solid. If I had to put a number on it, Id say a 3.5/5. I think the guy has potential.
>>
Era Extrana is essential summer-night driving music.

Also fun to see live. Alan really gets into it.
>>
>>63103429
Almost all the rare Neon Indian side projects in this thread. And it's all fantastic.

>>62955666
>>
>>63103429
Honestly think he's my favorite pop artist of the last 7 years. Psychic Chasms was a pure 10/10 pop album for me, Era Extrana impressed me a little less, but it was still good, and has some jams on it, and with Vega INTL I think he has returned straight back to form, 9/10 AOTY 2015.

I also think his ability in electronic music and his songwriting talent is way beyond people give him credit for.
>>
https://youtu.be/VeyTBmaqORo

under which artist's name is this by the way

(mentioned in this thread)>>63106489
>>
>>63106603
It's Lovelife - 1994
The song is about reminiscing over the previous year

He only made two other songs under this moniker, Jimmys and the other one I can't find anywhere.

The VEGA ( EP ) linked in the thread sounds similar

Lovelife - Jimmys
https://youtu.be/SyOOrIjNFxY
>>
Some filler on the album but most of it is decent

First time I heard Annie I had it stuck in my head for two weeks
>>
>>63106764
>filler
there's literally no filler. the tracks that sound like filler were intended to be repetitive electronic dance tracks to replicate the feeling of a discotheque
>>
>>63106552
His songwriting wasn't great on VEGA Intl Night School. All of the choruses are pretty weak, unlike on Psychic Chasms.
>>
>>63107496
Agreed they were better on Psychic Chasms, but after repeated listens, they just got jammed in my head, and I love them all.

Songwriting wise I can see a drop but not a significant one. Some of the songs don't have pop as a main focus
>>
>>63107512
Yeah pretty much every song has a great moment even if there aren't any wholly great songs (I'd have Hit Parade as the closest). He knows his way around a synth better than just about anyone else.
>>
File: SAINT PEPSI - Hit Vibes - cover.png (950 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
SAINT PEPSI - Hit Vibes - cover.png
950 KB, 900x900
Is Hit Vibes the only album that comes close to this style?
>>
>>63106489
Thanks for the heads up and to the anon in that thread who shared those Ghosthuster and Lovelife tracks, had no idea about this stuff.
>>
>>63103429
It's better than Era Extrana
>>
>>63108921
This.
>>
Era and Psychic were okay, Vega was fucking brilliant 9/10
>>
>>63103429
I hate 80s music, but love this album.
>>
>>63103429
This is one of those rare albums where the songs that were my least favourite during my first listen (Smut!, Slumlord, and News from the Sun), are now all my favourite songs from the album, having listened to it a couple more times
>>
My AOTY last year. He's a fantastic performer. I believe he went with more of a distorted 80s concept with this LP so that he could dance on stage.
>>
>>63110633
especially with all the techno-pop stuff on the album
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.