[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about Kendrick Lamar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
File: Kendrick-Lamar.jpg (270 KB, 615x900) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick-Lamar.jpg
270 KB, 615x900
What does /mu/ think about Kendrick Lamar?
>>
Genius
>>
I enjoyed his new song that premiered a few weeks ago so looking forward to more of the same on his next album
>>
>>63103040
you really don't wanna ask that question
>>
>>63103040
Some on /mu/ from /pol/ see him as a threat because he's getting a ton of critical acclaim. Him and Kanye are the two most acclaimed artists of this decade so far, and so some people on /mu/ are butthurt that their white indie rock bands aren't getting the same appreciation
>>
>>63103058
he premiered a new ep a few days ago
>>
>>63103266
oh holy fucking shit thank you
>>
>>63103266
ep?

and he's modest to boot

Length 34:09
>>
Untitled 3 is amazing
>>
>>63103502
I wish this I wish this "modest" meme would stop

I love him to death but he is not by any stretch modest
>>
>>63103228
>Him and Kanye are the two most acclaimed artists of this decade
Keep believing those lies.
>>
>>63103534
25 minutes seems to be the pretty standard cutoff for an ep. I am very opposed to musicians just defining their albums however they want.

but yeah I wont bring it up again at least not in reference to modesty
>>
>>63103555
feel free to name your picks btw
>>
>>63103564
kill yourself
>>
His new album came of as pretentious
>>
>>63103040
Never bothered with his music much, but I think he is a great person.
>>
is becoming moar pretentious with every album. One of the better rappers in the mainstream imo. I wish he would make some more bangers inb4 kill your self. Hey man they're enjoyable and something you can bump in the whip. Not every song needs to be 2deep4me.
>>
>>63103579
the new ep from yesterday?
>>
>>63103040
P I M P
I
M
P

HOOORAAAYYY
>>
white guilt the rapper
>>
>>63103748
stay mad honky mofo
>>
>>63103764
Being racist back makes you just as bad.
Racism is racism, man.
>>
>>63103857
>Being racist back makes you just as bad.
Absolutely not.
Get out of here with your pseudo moral superiority.
>>
>>63103857
I'm just a survivor

>untitled 05
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
File: profilepicgirl.png (84 KB, 340x382) Image search: [Google]
profilepicgirl.png
84 KB, 340x382
>>63103564
You're only separating race more by doing that.
Kendrick has dealt with problems, but we all have. Why are you to assume no one else has problems, or even problems related to race? If someone kills themself, I can still enjoy their music without understanding perhaps the regret they feel when jumping off a bridge. Fuck you.
>>
>>63103893
Holy shit are you new friend

That was the most obvious of bait
>>
>>63103040
New album is dope and what I've been wanting from hip-hop for a while now. Was stoked when he performed untitled 3 on SNL or whatever it was a while ago. Shit was fire and I was a little disappointed to see it wasn't on TPAB or Compton. Glad to see it finally released!
>>
>>63103934
It's bait for sure, no fucking shit.
>Obvious SJW stereotype
I just like to point out the flaws, it always messes with my OCD.
>>
>>63103960
late show with jimmy fallon

tlop was snl
>>
I like him a lot. Discussing his music is fun but talking about black people on 4chan usually just devolves into cuck-posting.
>>
File: hollis-mark-51019c769b29f.jpg (931 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hollis-mark-51019c769b29f.jpg
931 KB, 1920x1080
Am I the only one who thinks you'd have to be fairly stupid, selective, judgemental and way to proud in order to interpret TPAB as "racist"?
>>
>>63104430
No you aren't the only one.
I'm glad there's people like you on this board though.
>>
This year just got a lot more complicated.
>>
The beat on untitled 5 is so fucking good
>>
>>63104527
well yeah and that fucking bass

talk about a blistering first five seconds

am I listening to kdot or don cab
>>
>>63104527
god that fucking break at 1:40

breaks

fucking

everywhere
>>
I don't care if you guys think I'm memeing, but he's my favorite hip hop artist currently. He makes some really great shit and seems like a cool guy overall

I'm kind of annoyed that he's become a meme and le white guilt man because people don't actually know what he's about
>>
>>63103555
It's an objective truth
>>
>>63103555
Man its so obvious you're butt hurt to the max. If you read the reply carefully he never actually says he's a fan, he just says they're critically acclaimed. Sorry that kendrick lamar gets almost perfect reviews and radio play. He wasn't saying neutral milk hotel sucks he's just saying that all these people get butthurt because they're favorite indie rock band mainstream critical acclaim
>>
>>63103721
Yep.
>calls it "unmastered"
>songs are all mastered and were meticulously worked on for ages
>>
>>63104649
>songs are all mastered and were meticulously worked on for ages
seriously

this thing is kicking my fucking ass

again

my 2016 list is in trouble
>>
>>63104620
Same bro. I'm so happy an artist like him is popular.
>>
>>63104527
the raps are unfortunately the weakest parts of the song although I dont think thats necessarily saying a lot considering how good the song is and there's still some cool lines though even if the flow isnt that great.
>a tape worm couldn't cure this
>>
guys I'm freaking out right now
>>
the album he dropped for lebron is utter shit

tpab is super overrated, only like 2 songs are even good. the rest is white guilt propaganda bullshit.

kendrick just fucking stop, you were never a slave. slavery ended 150 years ago ffs
>>
>>63105780
>incarcarations for life aren't slavery
>everyone else gets off for free if they slip the judge some cash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsfZlGYRWWs

lol
slavery doesn't exist, he's right
>>
>>63106046
Heh, they are dead weights. Should've never brought them into the country in the first place so that in the long term we enjoy a more efficient society.
>>
>>63106046
What the fuck are you on about?

Also
>scholarships aren't a thing for grad students
That's just not true
>>
>>63105967
>implying we just randomly send innocent people to jail
>>
>>63103702
spin anything pre alright and you have what you want. he'll come back to that one day maybe, but he's already gotten to the finality of the art of making bangers, i don't see any reason he'd necessarily want to return to conquered territory. why not keep writing future music instead of doing the same thing everyone else is?
>>
Don't care for his music, but he triggers white people so I pretend to enjoy his music just to get reactions out of people.
>>
>>63106088
wow
>>63103040
WC Weezy is WC Weezy
>>
>>63104430
It's just such an honest record. There isn't an ounce of hate in it. It's marvin gaye come through the 30 year fire
>>
>>63106288
I wonder what a TPAB record done by a white artist would sound like.
>>
>>63106206
we do, quite a bit. look at the records. the amount of people incarcerated for petty drug possession or presumed account of is enormous. and then that's not even counting the amount of people framed to be doing so or simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. it's a cyclical machine. i advise you to watch any documentaries on prison life and try to notice patterns in commonality and personality.
>>
>>63106328
it's called Kid A
>>
>>63106328
I don't know exactly how to say this, but I can't think of any white artists who would BOTH be a)intelligent and good enough musicians and b) willing to take on the potential chaos of dealing with black issues (from both racists and anti-racists, i would say). it would certainly end their career if it didn't go well. i think it would have to be in another genre than hip hop.

but like maybe lil ugly mane
>>
a fucking meme that went too far. a guy that used to rap good until he went full try hard with that gimmicky TPAB album
and he hates whites so into the trash he goes
>>
>>63106377
mm, Bob Dylan back in his day
>>
File: 1430722713435.gif (737 KB, 117x186) Image search: [Google]
1430722713435.gif
737 KB, 117x186
>>63106328

>Everything white, I don't want tan (They want us to bend)
>I want everything white, I ain't need tan(Down to our knees)
>Some black, some white, I ain't mean tan (And pray to a God forbid)
>I want everything bleacger (That we don't believe)
>Everything white, want all things to remain
>I don't need a tan, want everything white
>Don't need tan, our eyes ain't tan
>I own white, own everything bleached

>Six in the morn', peace in the street
>Burn, nigger, burn, that's all I wanna see
>And sometimes I get off watchin' you die in vain
>It's such a shame they may call me crazy
>They may say I suffer from schizophrenia or somethin'
>But buddy old boy, you made me
>White don't fade, my comrade

You tell me.
>>
>>63106420
That would beat listening to the stories about muh gf, angst, or whatever else is talked about in indie.
>>
>>63106420
you have such a warped perception of kendrick. none of that album is braggadocio. it's all defense. it's him securing his own worth, and the reason he's waggling color as his trophy is because color is the one thing he has been defeated by his entire life. so he uses the irony of that as his showcase of the fraudulence of freedom. he's only concerned with the locking of black people to their skin, and that the world does not understand the damage that comes with having lifelong blanket assumptions from everyone you meet. it is not freedom.

if you think he's bragging about being black, you're wrong. it's not racism. it's not saying "whites are bad" when he uses the white man as an estimation device. it's a lament to himself and an attempt to get people to understand
>>
>>63106328

It's an album that addressing issues the African Americans experience in America and topics such as racial inequality, and institutional discrimination. How would a white artists address those themes?
>>
>>63106481

You have me confused, I'm mocking the OP by showing him how stupid he sounds.
>>
He is an nigga
>>
>>63106516
Have a white artist talk about the issues they face in life, if they have any at all. Life's probably super comfy as a white American, so the issues must be non-existent,
>>
>>63106516
You can have an opinion about something even if you're not directly affected by it, you know. Allying is important. As well, we're all tied to the same tree
>>
The new wave of meme rap. His whole gimmick is getting old, his earlier projects already sound dated.
>>
>>63106565

You can shove that humanism facade up your ass. Your fantasy doesn't exist for a majority of African Americans. Why can't you accept the fact that an album addressing issues directly a certain group of people is best addressed by a member of that community. He's giving people a windows into his world, the reality he finds both himself in and his peers in, but you're going to reduce that to banal racial politics that don't make sense to the most insignificant amount of introspection.
>>
>>63106563

Yeah be he's complaining that a white person can't make TPAB because he's implying it would be offensive or politically incorrect, but in reality a white person won't make TPAB for the simple reason that deals with issues not faced by white Americans so as noted by lack of said albums no musician would feel the need to create one.
>>
>>63106680
>white person won't make TPAB for the simple reason that deals with issues not faced by white Americans so as noted by lack of said albums no musician would feel the need to create one

Is there an album that reflects what the group is thinking about nowadays? I don't hear any striking subjects discussed in rock or indie band's songs which can represent whites.
>>
>>63106383
>He hates whites :'/////
Pathetic

Also if he really does prove it then.
Provide credible citations.
>>
>>63103747
levitate levitate levitate levitate
>>
>>63103040
he's interesting at least

i enjoyed to pimp a butterfly
might listen to more of him
>>
UU > TPAB
>>
>>63106481

U N D E R A T E D P O S T
>>
his new album is sucky and pretentious.
>>
I liked good kid maad city and section 80 a lot, but TPAB was really nothing special imo.
And people because of this album mad him the black Messiah, which is pretty dumb.
Didnt listen to the new album, propably not gonna.
Liked him, now I don't.
>>
>>63103505
agreed, favourite track on the EP atm
>>
>>63105780
Fucking idiot. Did you know that even in the 60s, blacks could go into a restaurant and get told "We don't serve niggers, please leave." Can you imagine how that would feel, to be bullied in front of a bunch of people because of something cosmetic? Can you imagine being treated like that in front of your children? Like an animal.. Can you imagine being 6 years old and being called a jigaboo and a nigger by other kids? Can you imagine the confusion? Do you understand that there are people our age now that are the grandchildren of the people who got caught treated like that? You're so naive that you don't think that sort of PTSD trickles down from generation to generation?

You probably don't think that though. You've had a cozy life and your parents probably have too so these things seem other worldly to you, you probably think they are just an exaggeration of the truth. They aren't. PTSD and feelings of worthless pass through family trees like wild fire..,the violence between blacks today is a testament to that. Wake up and quit being a delusional yuppie.
>>
>>63103040
A bit overrated but honestly all his releases are pretty damn solid.
>>
>>63103040
Bernguzzler.
>>
>>63103040
average nigger boring music
>>63103052
kek
>>
>>63104430
Spot on.
>>
he's a great musician, but he just can't hold my attention for a full release for reasons I can't put my finger on.
>>
>>63106810
I kind of agree
>>
>>63106375
Yup
>>
>>63103040
damn he's ugly
>>
As white people, are you all scared that you're becoming irrelevant, losing dominance, will be treated as you've treated other races, or simply fearful that exressing your very real pain is losing its visibility due to the groups you've suppressed finally getting time to express their own hurt? Has someone taught you might makes right? Do you believe minorities are mightier? Are you scared?
>>
>>63105780
shit opinion alert
>>
>people think TPAB wasn't BLACK GUILT
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.