[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's this all about then? There seems to be lots of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: sftb.jpg (4 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
sftb.jpg
4 KB, 186x186
So what's this all about then? There seems to be lots of references to mommy issues, and the lyrics from The Sound:
>Mother, I...
>I was wrong
>I am wrong...
>You were wrong
>I am wrong
and Empathy:
>You were wrong to resist me,
>I was wrong to forgive
seem connected.

Did Gira have actual issues with his mother? Is he referring to incest? Is "mother" representative of some other figure/thing? Does Jarboe play the character of the mother? On The Final Sacrifice it sounds like Gira is commiting suicide, and on the following track Jarboe is just screaming out in pain, and the next and final track is an instrumental.

Fuck, has anyone figured this shit out? Tell me your interpretations, /mu/.
>>
>>63102089
my only interpretation is this:

this shit is HELLA. FUCKIN'. EPIC.
>>
Someone once commented that it could be a telling of a man's life, from birth to death.
Red Velvet Corridor being birth, and the final three tracks leading up to the death, with the drone at the end being the travel into the unknown.
>>
>>63102089
I think his mom was an alcoholic or something. He had a very depressing childhood.
>>
>>63102252
you could apply that to almost any album
>>
File: 1450258505550.jpg (61 KB, 662x464) Image search: [Google]
1450258505550.jpg
61 KB, 662x464
>You were wrong to resist me
damn... maybe he did do it
>>
>>63102284
Yes, every album has a track called Red Velvet Corridor.
>>
>>63102252
that sort of makes sense, but how does any of the middle parts relate to that?
>>
Should SftB be my first Swans album, or should I go through their releases in chronological order?
>>
>>63102304
>first track = birth
>last track with ambient sounds = death
wow so deep
>>
>>63102319
>should I go through their releases in chronological order?
probably not a good idea, filth and cop might turn you off
i say start with sftb
>>
>>63102326
I don't care whether it's a good album or not. I just needed to point out that your logic was flawed.
>>
>>63102284
Someone once commented that Alien Kids' Alien Rap could be a telling of an alien''s life, from birth to death.
My Best Friend is an Alien (Who Visits Me at Night) being birth, and The Great Message (How the Aliens Transformed Glumph Into a Peaceful and Happy Planet), How to Make an Alien Shake, and An Alien Song (In Their Own Language! : Glumphish) leading up to the death, with How to Make an Alien Burger being the travel into the unknown.
>>
>>63102319
feel free, but keep in mind that none of their other material is like this
>>
>>63102319
Swans have several different eras that sound like completely different bands, you can start with almost any of their most popular albums t b h.
>>
>>63102319
Start with Soundtracks For The Blind, you should probably check out their earlier stuff later on in your Swans journey.
>>
>>63102312
I guess it's kinda vague from there, I bet someone could connect some dots. The only other thing I see right now is that Helpless Child is near the beginning, but eh
>>63102319
I built up to it by listening to everything they've done before. I think it made the album all the more epic because I understood how they got to that point.
>>
>>63102319
it was my first, i wouldnt change that at all.
>>
>>63102319
listen to soundtracks right now
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.