[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY WAS 2015 SUCH A SHIT YEAR IN MUSIC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 2015.png (103 KB, 1440x690) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
103 KB, 1440x690
WHY WAS 2015 SUCH A SHIT YEAR IN MUSIC?
>>
>>63099987
>implying any year with Hotling Bling could be a bad year
>>
Why is 2016 shaping up to be a shit year in music?
>>
>>63099987
Why are you such a pleb, op.
>>
>>63100045
This. The best album has been Blackstar, and even that is shit. It's only got an 84 on AOTY, meanwhile there were ten 90s before March came around.
>>
because there is nothing new or original to make in most genres nowdays. Everything was made already.
That's why one of the most popular rock bands nowdays is fucking Tame Impala.
It will only get worse...
>>
The whole decade has been a joke compared to the 00s. It's depressing. The whole industry is completely creatively bankrupt and in shambles.
>>
Because you and most of the people on this board are truly special kinds of cretins.
>>
>>63100283
>What is Varmits
>What is The Ridge
>What is Brute
>>
>>63100339
this
>>
>>63100346
Those albums are probably even shitter than the disappointment named Blackstar.

http://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/6-highest-rated/2016/1
>>
It will be heralded as one of the greatest years because of To Pimp a Butterfly.
>>
>>63100625
>one single album
wow, it's literally nothing
>>
>>63100655
Yeah, '67 was shit man, who gives a fuck about Sgt. Peppers.
>>
>>63100713
revolver was better
>>
>>63100713
>'67 was a shit year
you couldn't have picked a worse year for your argument
>>
>>63100339
this place has a special spot in the shitshow.
>>
>>63100339
how so?
>>
>>63100308
>because there is nothing new or original to make in most genres nowdays. Everything was made already.
>It will only get worse...

Oh for fucks sake!
>>
>>63100317
The 2000s were the absolute worst decade for pop music. If anything this decade is an improvement, at least in that category.
>>
>>63104163
Maybe India has a developing music scene.
>>
File: Meliora.jpg (82 KB, 593x602) Image search: [Google]
Meliora.jpg
82 KB, 593x602
>>63100283
I just looked up Meliora by Ghost on AOTY. It has a 76, which at first I was shocked and surprised by. However that's not what I'm really mad about, as I've now come to the realization that Meliora wasn't a perfect album. Majesty was pretty weak and Absolution could have been better. Though that's still only two songs off the album. Everything else on the album is perfect or at least great. So I feel at least an 80 would have been more acceptable. In fact that's what almost all the critic reviews scores are and Sputnikmusic's review has an even higher score of 86. The one critic review that have an 80 (or an equivalent score) was Pitchfork. Pitchfork gave it a 6.2 which on AOTY converts to a score of 62. And after reading the review and seeing the score it got, I now know why this board fucking hates Pitchfork. Fuck you, Pitchfork.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.