[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: times Scaruffi was right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (363 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
363 KB, 750x1334
ITT: times Scaruffi was right
>>
I agree with Scaruffi, but that doesn't make the music unenjoyable.
>>
>Not liking Nude
people take this guy seriously lmao
>>
>>63097511
Nude is shit friend
>>
File: MI0001732931.jpg (33 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
MI0001732931.jpg
33 KB, 400x397
Once again Scaruffi champions music that is INXS-able.
>>
You first OP.
>>
>In Rainbows is almost 9 years old
kill me
>>
File: three_minute_ditty.jpg (75 KB, 386x236) Image search: [Google]
three_minute_ditty.jpg
75 KB, 386x236
The fact that so many Americans still believe it should be illegal to marry a 12-year-old only tells you how far America still is from becoming a serious culture. The Europeans have long recognized that the greatest relationships of all times are between male adults and female adolescents, who are the most biologically fit to produce offspring, as well as the most physically attractive. Followers of the Muslim faith rank the highly controversial Aisha over all of their prophet Mohammed’s other wives, who were far past the prime age for reproduction. Americans are still blinded by puritan values. Adult females are more mentally developed than adolescents (not true, by the way), therefore they must be the greatest partners. Europeans engaged in relationships with adolescent European girls in the middle ages, radical Islamists engage in relationships with adolescent Muslim girls in the present. Americans are often totally ignorant of the virtues of relationships with adolescent girls, they barely know the biological benefits. No wonder they will think that sexual relations with 12-year-old girls should be criminalized.
>>
>>63097042
>Any critic must be missing 99% of the music released in any month
FTFY
>>
Ranking of songs from In Rainbows

1. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
2. Jigsaw Falling into Place
3. Reckoner
4. Videotape
5. House of Cards
6. All I Need
7. Nude
8. 15 Step
9. Bodysnatchers
10. Faust Arp
>>
>>63097620
Damn, soon it'll be too old for Scaruffi
>>
File: repeater.jpg (39 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
repeater.jpg
39 KB, 400x394
>"You are not what you own", "Never mind what's been selling, it's what you're buying" and so on: these are the slogans of Repeater (Dischord, 1990), the group's first true album (the CD edition also contains the tracks from Three Songs), and one of the most revolutionary discs of rock music. The album not only rails against society but does so with an almost Zen-like attitude. The album not only invented a unique explosive and catastrophic sound but also became the soundtrack of a revolutionary and purging mood, and therefore gave it a dimension beyond the existential - the metaphysical. Fugazi affirmed that they were the equivalent of Bob Dylan for the generation of the 1990s (while, in contrast, Nirvana stopped at the existential dimension). Technically the album is the archetype of all of post-punk, the benchmark that inspired all hardcore of the 1990s. Fugazi employs indulging pauses, glacial accord, ringing of guitar, furious howling, and above all continual changing of scene to accentuate the drama of the atmosphere. The more “regular” tracks are Merchandise, which fluctuates between heavy-metal and reggae, and the tribal instrumental Brendan Number One. The most captivating track is perhaps Turnover, which after an initial excitement finishes in a breathless boogie. The leaders found that the group's strength, however, was in the tracks that, musically speaking, impart a greater sense of the catastrophic terror and solitude of the individual: in Sieve-Fisted Find, with agitation worthy of the first Pere Ubu albums, in Styrofoam, completely shouted as if in mortal agony, and in Blueprint, a mixture of the Velvet Underground, Stooges, and AC/DC. The earthy syncopation of Greed, the angry heavy-metal rumble of Two-Beats Off, all form the grammar of a language of dramatic tension. In this disc Fugazi found a legendary equilibrium between fierce passion and almost mathematical intelligence, between instinct and rationale, between poetry and engineering.
>>
>>63097649
scaruffi is such a wise man
>>
Scaruffi is an idiot. He barely talks about how music makes him feel in his reviews. He sounds like the teachers i had in college. x was obviously influenced by y, i seems like o, f is clearly paying homage to u.
Fuck off!
>>
File: faust_faust_front.jpg (99 KB, 970x940) Image search: [Google]
faust_faust_front.jpg
99 KB, 970x940
>"Are we supposed to be or not to be?" are the most poignant vision handed down by Germanic rock. The final lines of the record ("... and at the end realize that/ nobody knows/ if it really happened") beat any lyric ever written by Bob Dylan or Nick Cave. This is simply great poetry.
>>
File: ska.png (4 KB, 760x100) Image search: [Google]
ska.png
4 KB, 760x100
>The point is that eating meat is unnatural. So are many other things that we do, from wearing clothes to jailing people who steal food, from going to work in offices to banning sex with underage girls. Civilizations themselves are "unnatural". Just about everything we do in a day is "unnatural". I am just saying that eating meat is "unnatural" in that our body was not programmed to eat meat. There are many wildly "unnatural" things we do
>>
>>63097996
He's an objective historian not a tastemaker desu
>>
>>63097996
lmao pleb
You're the epitome "He disagrees with me, hence I don't like him"

He gave your favorite shit band a low rating huh?
>>
>>63098084
>many other things that we do, from wearing clothes to jailing people who steal food, from going to work in offices to banning sex with underage girls. Civilizations themselves are "unnatural". Just about everything we do in a day is "unnatural". I am just saying that eating meat is "unnatural" in that our body was not programmed to eat meat. There are many wildly "unnatural" things we do

damn this man is cringeworthy
>>
File: scaruffi on the hoverhand.jpg (85 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi on the hoverhand.jpg
85 KB, 700x525
>>63098353
he a right tho
>>
>>63098353
there's nothing wrong with what he's saying
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.