[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss Ween's most avant-garde release.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 51QxTidGbVL.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51QxTidGbVL.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
Let's discuss Ween's most avant-garde release.
>>
God Ween Satan is more avant garde tb h
>>
im waving my dick in the wind
>>
>sorry charlie
>right to the ways and the rules of the world
>demon sweat
>don't sweat it
>alone
>moving away
amazing desu
>>
why do people like ween? have they never heard of tori amos or actual talented musicians? I assume most of their fans are like 25-30 yr old burnouts that smoke a lot of pot
>>
the definitive album to get mono to
>>
>>63096919
I loved GWS my first listen, The Pod took multiple listens for me to get into it.
>>
>>63097125
Plz be b8 faggot
>>
>>63097125
Hope it's bait, but if not

'define talent'
>>
File: chocolate-and-cheese.jpg (125 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-and-cheese.jpg
125 KB, 608x608
Best album
>>
>>63096890
Pure Guava is a bit more avant, but it has quite a few more accessible moments...The sludgy recording quality of the pod is very endearing to me. Part of me kinda wishes they never went high fidelity...
>>
>>63096890
It fluctuates from my first to third favorite it's generally my favorite, though
>>
>>63096890
Literally shitposting: the album
>>
>>63097296
a mint first pressing of this has been sitting in my favorite record store for months for like $35 but im not getting it b/c pure guava is the superior album
>>
>>63097450
Kill yerself
>>
Dr. Rock and Laura are my favorite songs off the album.
>>
>>63097296
Agreed.

>>63097481
Where do you live? I want it.
>>
>>63097725
montreal
>>
>>63096890
FRANK
>>
>>63097749
I'm near Toronto. I don't think it's worth it though.
>>
File: metaknightreadingabook.png (212 KB, 508x428) Image search: [Google]
metaknightreadingabook.png
212 KB, 508x428
>>63096890
Amazing album to listen to when you're ill. Amazing album to listen to in general.

>>63096919
>>63097364
GWS is pretty weird, but it's a fun and loud album to listen to, and is still pretty accessible with its clear (yet raw) sound, bumblebee guitars, and lots of yelling. I personally think Pure Guava is just a bit more avant than The Pod, but I feel as if The Pod is the true "ween" album.
>>
>>63097125
good music and talent etc. technique and some actual musical sense.
>>
>>63098429
I can agree with this
>>
>>63097125
They are very good song writers and musicians. Also they found the perfect balance with how to do comedy in music
>>
>>63096890
Hey guys, is the Mollusk just a joke song filled with vagina puns?
>>
>>63098974
Honestly? I am thinking about waving my dick and the wind and the mollusk album *which is basically their pinnacle*.....it is really subpar "music"
>>
>>63100334
I honestly think it's about a mystical nautical prophecy in the form of fanciful stream of consciousness lyrics.
>>
>>63100502
They're not really a band that you can judge by the standards of truly serious artists, because they don't take themselves seriously. That said, there's a place for bizarre outsider musicians in my heart.
>>
>>63100687
K so i'm all for musicians that have talent who have comedic sense. Like beefheart or zappa or weird al....but ween is just a bunch of bs.
>>
>>63097364
i used to feel the same way re: them going hi-fi. used to hate white pepper and thought it was overpolished, faux ween. the thing is, their songwriting is so good that their music really sounds great regardless of fidelity. also it's nice to hear them be able to make use of expensive studio equipment and effects: makes their songs "fuller"
>>
>>63096890
Demon sweat is my fav from this album.
I'm a huge fan of ween.
>>
Im a huge Ween fan and always hated this album. Started listening to it about a month ago and I haven't stopped.

Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese and Captain Fantasy are fucking great.

It was definitely influenced by huffing.
>>
just a reminder that a shitty snl movie had ween and their music play a major part in the story: https://vimeo.com/115094989
>>
>>63100871
This is so dumb it has to be bait. Mollusk isn't even their pinnacle fyi, that's quebec
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.