[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder not to let others (especially on here) belittle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 640x1136
Friendly reminder not to let others (especially on here) belittle you on your music taste. While music is objective, taste is subjective. No one is better than you just for liking some avant-garde bullshit or free jazz played in reverse and guilty pleasures shouldn't even exist. In fact, those who make fun of others' tastes are simply insecure or memeing. I'm sick and tired of the egotistical, ignorant and plain negative attitude of this board. We all love music, and we should just cut back on the memes for awhile and actually discuss music in a civil manner.

That being said, what're you guys listening to right now?
>>
I just listened to Doolittle. I've been going through RYM top 100 albums as a jumping point. Doolittle was ok I gave it a 6/10. Its obviously very good and for its time different and pioneering, but I think it must have lost a little of that luster with age. Some of the tracks on it are pure gold, Debaser, Monkey gone to heaven, here comes your man, others are forgettable. Recently listened to In the Court of the Crimson King, def a 10/10 for me and waaaayyyyy ahead of its time for 1969. New top 10 album of all time for me.
>>
all i know is that if someone comes here proclaiming bands like my chemical romance or some shit, youre going to get torched

/mu/ standards, whatever that means

currently listening to that Future Islands spinoff band, which isnt all too bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCq3AB_rImA
>dat sax
>>
File: image.png (364 KB, 720x660) Image search: [Google]
image.png
364 KB, 720x660
>>
>>63087843
What are you listening to, man?
>>
I agree and I try to be reasonable, but the fact that seems to be proven time and time again: Liking shitty music usually means you don't know anything about it.
Eg people who enjoy mainstream pop music. For the most part, they are so ignorant that they credit the performer for the song being 'catchy'
>>
>>63088470
How would your perception of a pop music fan be if they credited the actual writer and noted how good they are at writing catchy shit?
>>
>>63087843
London Town - Wings

Wings are truly the most underrated popular band in history.
>>
>>63088191
>not knowing mcr is /mu/ guilty pleasure
Get out, pleb
>>
>>63088517
Yeah I mean I never really hear anyone talk about them. What makes the album so good in your opinion? Is it the best in their catalog? Why do you think so?
>>
>>63087843
That said, there is literally no reason you should be listening to rap or waifu pop or 'shoegaze' when you could be listening to you know good music.
>>
>>63087843
What's the point of coming here. if your taste in music doesn't get shitted on?
stop being a pussy cause ur fav shitty band got destroyed
>>
Megadeth- peace sells.... But who's buying?
>>
>>63088627
Why does your taste in music need to be shitted on? If you think someones taste could benefit from listening to an album then just suggest that album, and intelligently explain why you like the album youre suggesting over the albums the other guy says he likes.
>>
>trying to have a argument free thread
>>
>>63087843
Why does no one on /mu/ seem to actually like music?

And what's with the Neutral Milk Hotel meme?
>>
>>63088577
Wild Life or Band On The Run is their best. London Town and Back to the Egg are also great. Their just "the band Paul was in after the Beatles" to critics and journalists. Being held to unfair standards sucks.
>>
>>63088675
Nobody here is Intelligent.It's all shitposting and banters.
>>
>>63087843
you're not going to be able to get away with an opinion like that unless you're deep within a thread anon

heavily agreed though

giving the new 1975 album a spin. hoping it's better than the title
>>
>>63087843
I don't really get it, just about every single time I see a post like this it seems to only apply to liking pop music. I really don't see any genuine experimental fans (no random posters on /mu/ who are baiting do not count) dissing others for liking mainstream music, but I definitely always see stuff like this (literally in threads specifically for experimental music, mind you):

>just bcuz its complex doesnt mean its good
>but its not catchy
>its actually harder to make something simple and good
>hahaha you cant play this at partys tho
>noisey trash with no real melodies

Hell, look at this thread. You aren't even responding to someone who's attacking you, if anything, you're making all avant-garde fans out to be total assholes. Not mention it's pretty clear from your post you actually have some strange resentment toward the music itself.
>>
Reminder that we are on 4chan. The Internet's butthole.
>>
>>63088766
this
>>
>>63088721
Oh I didnt even realize it was a project McCartney was on. I was never a huge beatles guy, but Ill give wings a listen.
>>
File: stop.jpg (32 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
32 KB, 250x272
>>63087843
>While music is objective
can we please stop this meme
>>
>>63088954
Listen to Ram first.
>>
>>63088470
again, taste is subjective
you could listen to the most obscure avant garde shit yet enjoy a pop song simply because its catchy
thats like saying if you're a food critic you can't eat a sandwich from time to time
>>
>you can't like pop music if you're into experimental avant teen shit or vice versa
I seriously don't get this meme, I just enjoy both in a different way, jesus christ you guys are fucking autists
this is why we can't discuss music
>>
>>63089008
okay I see. you're mad because /mu/ doesn't like ur shitty pop songs
>>
>>63089060
agreed hard. some days I want to listen to oneohtrix point never and some days I want to listen to katy perry

controversial opinion: that's what makes PRODUCT so good, it combines both
>>
>>63089060
It's not that you can't, it's that you won't. You'd understand if you didn't seriously believe music began in 1960.
>>
>>63088185
I always felt like I was missing something with King Crimson. They're good, great even, but idk I've never been wow'd by them
>>63088191
I know it's part of the culture, I've been here since 2011. But it's ridiculous, it's getting to the point where memes trump actual conversations.
>>63088231
Great now I'm in the mood for Can
>>63088300
Binary Star- Masters of the Universe
>>63088470
Sure, but if you come here, that at least shows a yearning for more music knowledge, right? Everyone's so caught up in themselves on this board. And idk, I've met some people who know their shit about music who genuinely enjoy pop, but I get your point.
>>63088504
It's not that hard to make an earworm.
>>63088517
Never heard of them, what do they make?
>>63088610
Hip-hop is my favorite genre, but I practice variety. I get bored if I listen to the same thing too much.

I don't like that logic tho, moods change man. You need the simple stuff to get away from the complex shit sometimes.
>>63088627
I'm not a pussy, I'm not ashamed of my taste, I think it's funny sometimes to shit on artists. BUT moderation is key. I started a thread on TPAB like 2 weeks after it came out simply asking for peoples' thoughts and not a SINGLE anon gave a non-meme answer. It's annoying.
>>63088675
Yeah. But I'm not saying don't do that tho, I'm just saying don't overkill it.
>>63088695
>implying I said that
Arguing is good, it promotes discussion. But don't be a fucking idiot or asshole about it.
>>63088705
NMH has transcended meme status at this point.
>>63088766
The shitposts have gone too far man.
>>63088767
If you can back up with your opinion, it's fine.

Didn't like the 1975 album. Wasn't atrocious like I expected tho, so.
>>63088824
You definitely have a point. I'm not excluded in this, and neither are poptimists. Sometimes poptimists can be the worst offenders.
>>63088856
No, this isn't /tv/ or /b/. We're the internet's taint, we're better than this.
>>63088968
Subjective music is a meme
>>
>>63089008
I use that logic all the time. Good point anon.
>>63089060
Thank you! Someone fucking gets it.
>>63089465
Fucking this.
>>63089636
noit started in 1900 u pleb
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.