[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Limp Bizkit appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Fred Durst.jpg (46 KB, 401x496) Image search: [Google]
Fred Durst.jpg
46 KB, 401x496
Can we all take a moment in appreciation for how great Fred Durst and his project Limp Bizkit are? I think too many people fail to realize his talents and innovations that he has given to the music industry with things like: The incorporation of rap lyrics in rock music, introducing DJs as part of a lineup, (Linkin Park and Slipknot are merely trying to copy this), telling you to be true to yourself and not give a fuck about what anyone else thinks. I feel that out of all the bands and musicians out there, it was always Fred Durst and his music that truly spoke out to me on a spiritual level and has gotten me through many hard times...

So /mu/, will you take the time to celebrate this great musician and his contributions to music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsXEbqS7cpE
>>
i would let fred durst raw dog me in a hotel bathroom

music sucks tho
>>
>>63085723
i hate limp bizkit because they ruined korn.

korn's first album was amazing. then LB popularized this nu-metal idea. it may have been ok but fred durst leading the movement, and being the face just ruined any respect it may have had
>>
Wes Borland was the only thing remotely interesting about that band.
>>
File: limp bizkit.jpg (129 KB, 1206x654) Image search: [Google]
limp bizkit.jpg
129 KB, 1206x654
reminder
>>
>>63085723
Wes Borland is a legitimately great musician. I think Limp Bizkit could've been Linkin Park tier if it wasn't for their awful frontman.
>>
>>63085809
>I think Limp Bizkit could've been Linkin Park tier if it wasn't for their awful frontman.
So true.
>>
ITS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS
>>
>>63085751
>>63085756
>>63085809
>>63085831

Sorry but theither of you have any idea what you're talking about
>>
>>63085723
There is so much nostalgia from this band, I fucking love it.
They were the first "heavy" band I had heard when I was super young, and I've always just loved their music.
Significant Other is EASILY Top 5 greatest albums of the 90s imo.
>>
>>63085751
So you lost interest in Korn not because the music they made went downhill but because it became popular due to another band?

Korn was great up to and including Issues m8.
>>
>>63085837
WHERE YOU DON'T WANNA WAKE UP, EVERYTHING'S FUCKED, EVERYBODY SUCKS
>I really like those lyrics desu

>>63085831
They make catchy rap rock but then that pussy voice comes in....
>>
>>63085759
Chocolate Starfish would be patrician m8. Significant Other is the album everyone and their kid brother owned back in the day. Facking plebs
>>
File: 1345267131052.jpg (22 KB, 422x375) Image search: [Google]
1345267131052.jpg
22 KB, 422x375
>>63085863
Well argued.
>>
>>63085809
>>63085831
>implying Linkin Park don't have an awful frontman and suck just as bad as LB

At least Limp Bizkit didn't take themselves ridiculously seriously and write faggy emo ballads for middleschoolers to cry to.
>>
>>63085863
From a standpoint of a strange combination of rock, hip hop and rapping with pop sensibilities and being "edgy and angsty", it's pretty god tier imo
>>
>>63085904
I was legit surprised when Durst came out saying he's more of a jazz and rnb type guy
>>
>>63085904
At least their rapper was good.
>>
A MOTHERFUCKING CHAINSAW
WHAT
>>
>>63085944
SO YOU CAN TAKE THAT COOKIE-
>>
>>63085944
I'LL SKIN YOUR ASS RAW
WHAT
>>
LB > Linkin Park objectively

at least LB had some musicianship
>>
>>63086045
Just leave.
>>
>>63085938
>At least their rapper was good.
Neither of the band's we're discussing have good rappers m8
>>
>>63085938
Mike Shinoda is an objectively bad rapper. Not that Fred Durst is any better.
>>
>>63086136
>CWALLWING IN MWY SKINNN :(
>>
>>63086191
>talks about musicianship
>post lyrics
this is why you need to leave
>>
You guys make me feel so old.
>>
>>63087094
Fag, there are barely 8 years between being 16 when you think the whole world and future belong to you and 24 when you're a full blown adult whose fucking wonder years are long dead and buried already.

Youth is a scam, get over it.
>>
>>63085938
Fred is charismatic and bad, Linkin Park's rapper is shitty with no personality.
>>
>>63086249
Anyone who prefers Linkin Park to Limp Bizkit should not be allowed on this board
>>
>>63087943
And yet here I am. posting.
both of them are shit.
>>
LB are a good band, fuck off with "le guilty pleasure" or other insecure qualifiers or just go back to listening to Frank Ocean and Kanye West you faggots
>>
IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE MEMES
>>
Re-Arranged is a legitimate GOAT alt rock song
>>
Like a chump heyyyy
>>
>>63085723
Limp Bizkit are one of the most alpha bands of all times and if you don't realise this, you're probably a beta little sperglord who cries to American Football.
>>
>>63085932
Really? Link?
>>
File: chocolatestarfish.jpg (219 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
chocolatestarfish.jpg
219 KB, 1000x1000
I have listened to this masterpiece well over 1300 times since it first released. Every single one of those times I've noticed a new detail that I had overlooked the last time, courtesy of amazing production. Fred's lyrics may seem mundane and childish at times, but it's the perfect poppy counterbalance to the otherwise superb avant-garde musicianship. Besides, if lyrics are so important then classical staples such as Beethoven & Mozart wouldn't be as lauded as they are.

Wes Borland's riffs and licks are truly something to behold, especially when polished by intricate turntable improvisation from DJ Lethal. Rivers often gets overlooked, but his basslines can carry songs in the best possible way, paving the way for Borland and Otto to go apeshit during the choruses.

>b-but nu metal sucks

Limp Bizkit isn't just a Nu Metal band, they're their own recipe of metal that draws influence from Prog, Math & Post-Rock as well. I know everyone will think this is a bait / meme post, but if you honestly don't hold this as an objective 8/10 or above I literally cannot take your opinion on music seriously.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.