[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at what point does a song's length start to effect how much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: thick batter.jpg (370 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
thick batter.jpg
370 KB, 1280x1707
at what point does a song's length start to effect how much you enjoy it?
>>
the two minute mark
>>
Longer songs are perfectly fine, its when a song begins to become too repetitive and you wish it would just hurry up and end is when the length becomes an issue
>>
depends on the song
nice pancakes
>>
i can't think of any good songs that are longer than six minutes, so probably that.
>>
>>63075393
This is the exact reason I tend to not like all that super atmospheric indie stuff a lot of people are into. It's not bad, but it gets old real quick, and they just keep going and going.
>>
Never had that happen.

>>63075433
ayy, 4/10.
>>
>>63075334
dam son those pancakes got flufff
>>
>>63075334
those are big pancakes
>>
>>63075393
>implying that youre not tired by the time runaway ends
>>
>>63075334
depends on the song
>>
>>63075334
Usually after about 5-6 minutes. Anything longer and I skip it halfway through.
>>
>>63075334
those are nice to look at but i'd get tired of them after 2 bites
>>
>>63075504
>not eating a stack of 'cakes doused in sugary syrup and topped with whipped cream for breakfast every day

where are you from btw?
>>
>>63075334
Never. Long songs are the fucking best
>>
If I see those fucking pancakes one more time...
>>
>>63075334
those pancakes are absolutely degenerate. those look like a chore to eat.

thin pancakes are superior.
>>
I want to fuck those pancakes!
>>
>>63075721
me too desu
>>
We should make a new genre.
Pancakewave
The only instrument that must be used is pancakes.
Of course, if you want to use other instruments you MUST use pancakes with it.
>>
>>63075478
fork you
>>
>>63075334
I want to protect that smile!
>>
>>63075815
you can probably use a pancake to generate a sine wave somehow

all music can be pancake music if you believe
>>
>>63075721
Laughed at this at first but now I truly am attracted to those pancakes sexually
>>
>>63075334
It doesn't. if a song is good and consistent all the way through, then I don't care how long it is, unless its like more than 8 hours long obviously
>>
>>63075334
Anything like 7 minutes long
>>
>>63076024
But how about that pancakes?
>>
Those pancakes suck. Pancakes should be thin enough to soak in enough syrup and butter, but not too thick to the point where you're getting a mouthful of dry doughy shit.

There has to be a balance.
>>
File: flood.jpg (720 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
flood.jpg
720 KB, 1000x1000
Depends on the song and style entirely. Some are great at two minutes, some are too short at nine, some are too long at eight and some are perfect when an hour long.
>>
>>63076087
it's a meme thread dude, stop taking it seriously
>>
>>63076086
What if there was Strawberry cream in the inside of the pancakes
>>
>>63076135
That would change everything.
>>
File: Bitches Brew.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Bitches Brew.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
I can't into albums with more than 4 tracks and at least 2 of them greater than 20 minutes in length.
>>
File: 1373048342750.gif (3 MB, 528x308) Image search: [Google]
1373048342750.gif
3 MB, 528x308
>>63075334
Damn those pancakes are thicc
>>
>>63076087

Definitely depends on the genre like you said. Hip Hop tracks generally aren't over five minutes, which is probably a good thing.

With shit like dance music though, I think the tracks that go way too long are the ones with no variation. Same goes for rock.

What's the point if you can't hold someone's interest or offer anything new?
>>
The only long song that I regularly listen to fully is Halleluwah

Maybe After the Flood too but that's only 9 minutes
>>
>>63075334

Length doesn't really bother me. It's the quality of what I'm hearing that matters. Take Dazed and Confused for example, the 30 minute version. At some points it bores me, but there's moments in it that I really enjoy.
>>
>>63075334
Why does this arouse me?
>>
>>63075334
Depends on the song.
A lot of long songs fly by really quickly because they're actually interesting, but I've struggled to listen to some 3-4 minute songs because they're just unbelievably bland
>>
7 minutes
>>
>>63076336
how far into that stack of flap jacks would your cock go before your balls touched the butter?
>>
25-30 minutes is the limit for me. If you can't express an idea in half an album you should just give up.
>>
8"
>>
>>63075334
I could masturbate looking at this pic
>>
>>63075675
Fucking disgusting
>>
At around the 21 minute mark, anon.
>>
>>63075334
it has nothing to do with song length. it has to do with composition. if it's interesting enough to keep my attention, then idc how long it is. i've been bored before the end of three minute songs, and i've been completely enthralled throughout the duration of 20+ minute songs
>>
>>63075334
Depends absolutely on the song. Not every hour long track is dopesmoker but dopesmoker is still kickass.
>>
>>63075675
you wouldn`t live past 45
>>
>>63075334
are those things stuffed with some kind of filling or are they just super fat
>>
>>63075334
Those are some nice pancakes.

Around the 6 minute mark.
>>
>>63077273

Probably just really thick.

And they look amazing.
>>
The first track in >>63076087 has being long used for great effect
Pink Flag is one of my favorite albums and it wouldn't be if the tracks were longer
>>
>>63075334
motherfuck those pancakes are thick
>>
>>63075334
Every Swans song after the 2 minute mark
>>
When I was younger I couldn't sit past 3 minutes. But after I started getting into classical music as well as prog rock bands I don't care now. People who have trouble listening to long songs need to just take it one step at a time and try to expand their taste.
>>
>>63075721
came here to say this
>>
anything past 0:30 is redundant
>>
THICK
>>
I wouldn't say the length of a song affects my enjoyment (provided it's a halfway decent track).

However, length does affect the way I enjoy a song. A short tune is convenient to listen to. Taking the time to listen to a long song is a big commitment. It might mean that I save that song for special moments, or times when I know I'm in the right mindset to hear it.
>>
>>63075334
When they are around 6 hours long, like that Morton Feldman song.
>>
Anything under 2 minutes just peeves me. Longer songs are nice though, I could listen to about 2 hours of the same song as long as there isn't too much repetition.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.